• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the existence of Composite human: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and Real Lie Composites aren't comparable to Fictional Composites, since Fictional Composites are stablished characters and nowehre nearly as broad as CH; that's why all the other Real Life Composites were deleted, with the exception only being made for CH due to popurality.

Yeah, but the Links are in no way as broad as CH, which is made up of literally billions of unrelated people and has no stablished character. CH is just a thought experiment with no defined setting.

That's why there are pages with justifications such as "X character can defeat X animal" or "X character is stronger than X weapon", that's the main point of real life in the wiki.

There's also the fact that Composites still have rules, such as not including Word of God for Composite Godzilla, while Composite Human just merges everything together to make an impossible contradictory being (just like the other Real Life Composites which were deleted).

But what exactly makes being broad an issue?

"no established character" isn't even specific to composites, but I don't think there can really be said to have a real character for composite Godzilla or link given the diversity of the roles they've played. Some examples of no specific character include Adeptus Astartes, Officio Assassinorum, Ashen One, Bearer of the Curse, Chosen Undead, Knight (Destiny), Wizard (Destiny), I could go on and this has never been considered an issue.

Characters have tiers for being stronger than other characters too, does that mean that the primary purpose of character files is just for other character files? No, it's just a function of the indexing that's the primary reason to categorize anything on the site.

It makes it much harder to actually composite it into a character that makes sense, as it makes so the amount of contradictions and mutually exclusive characteristics is massively higher than any Fictional Composite will ever possibly have. If it gets too broad, you're not even making a real Composite anymore, you're just putting unrelated things together to make a senseless being, which is one of the reasons Real Life Composite were deleted.

Those weren't specifically made by the wiki for the wiki, CH was, he is a thought experiment. Those might have no canon personality, but that's forgiven due to them being actual characters from stablished verses, meaning they are stablished characters, the same can't be said for CH, because he is a thought experiment this wiki came up with, just so it could be used in versus debates; it's a completely different situation, which is why this didn't prevent the other Real Life Composites from being deleted.

There are characters who are only kept around so thay could be used for scaling other characters (like Smash Bros. Kirby, for example), and real life is no different; its main function is so we know how powerful things actually are in the real world, so it can be applied to fiction. This doesn't mean it can't be used in versus threads, or things like that, but it simply isn't the main function, which is one of the reasons Real Life Composites were deleted.

There's also the fact that Composites still have rules, such as not including Word of God for Composite Godzilla for example, while Composite Human just merges everything together to make an impossible contradictory being (just like the other Real Life Composites which were deleted).

Wokistan expresses my points the best.

Wokistan said:
Citation needed
"The VS Battles Wiki is, first and foremost, a fictional character indexing site. All featured characters in our profiles should originate from actual stories, from notable or popular works. A story includes a plot, a fictional setting, and having a defined canon. At the very least, the setting should be entirely fictional in nature, with no true bearing over the real world."

"The only exception to these rules is Real Life, which serves as more of a reference for feats and common weapons, events, and animals, rather than being an actual verse"

Editing Rules

So yeah, Paulo is right about the purpose of real world profiles. They are meant for referencing feats and serve to help index other verses,it isn't like any other verse on here

Can't we just make CH an information blog so that it doesn't have to be subjected to normal profile rules?

We should probably call Antvasima and ask him if he can put Composite Human" on an information blog.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
The reason you gave for disagreeing had nothing to do with the actual reasons for deletion.
Half of the actual 'reasons for deletion' on the OP were undeniably false/not CH's problem and a non-sequitur, as the OP himself admitted (namely, issues with Prep Time and similar).

Frankly, this is why I don't buy your count of the votes.

I stand for making a separate thread on altering CH.

The reasons don't have anything to do with "issues with Prep Time and similar" (those might be additional reasons, but its not the main reason). Real Life Composites are against the rules, and many of the reasons for the other Real Life Composites' deletion also apply to CH.

Psychomaster35's reason for disagreeing was "CH can still fight", which doesn't have anything to do with the actual problem.

Sigh.....

I know wanting to keep CH just because this thread is going knowhere isn't a good argument. But we need to reach a conclusion because none of us know what to do about CH and this thread is going nowhere

I'm fine with CH being moved to a blog, or to anywhere where it is not subjected to normal profile rules, as the only probelm is that it can't be kept as a profile.

In this case, I am fine for having the CH profile reworked on regarding prep, but it should not be deleted. Regarding prep, it would take at best 5 years to prepare, and they should be able to get it by then.

Half of the actual 'reasons for deletion' on the OP were undeniably false/not CH's problem and a non-sequitur, as the OP himself admitted (namely, issues with Prep Time and similar).

Frankly, this is why I don't buy your count of the votes.

I stand for making a separate thread on altering CH.

Not to be rude but that's definitely a bit of a strawman. It wasn't that they were false, it's that they were less of a issue and could be ignored, but were still something to take into account as circumstantial evidence. Mind you it's not too different, but context is important

I guess CH simply refuses to die, hm.

Might I ask, is he getting reworked? Moved to a blog/transformed to a reference sheet of human feats? Anything else? I fail to see a total conclusion here, and it wouldn't be crazy to say that at this pace a third thread could be required.

We're just repeating statements at this point. Unless someone arrives to turn the tables with a revolutionary idea for the future of Composite Human, I feel like we all need to - at least - agree in a single thing.

@Yobo

Alright, sure. So half of the main OP arguments aren't relevant and can be ignored. My point stands.

Moritzva said:
@Yobo

Alright, sure. So half of the main OP arguments aren't relevant and can be ignored. My point stands.
Aiyaiyai, still not entirely correct. They can technically be ignored if you want to, but they do exist and aren't dropped. They're only relevant to the ultimate conclusion itself, not what that conclusion should be.

They do exist- and were proved to not be valid supporting evidence.

So, speaking of 'context', the context of this argument was invalid reasoning. Someone's vote was not counted for not properly responding to the OP, so I followed by stating the flaws in the OP.

Psychomaster35's vote wasn't counted because the reason he gave had nothing to do with the main reason as for deletion (Real Life Composite not being allowed), all he said was "CH can still fight", it is the equivalent of saying "CH should stay because potato". Bringing up arguments that are completely unrelated to it just so you could say "X thing isn't relevant" is just going to deray the thread. It doesn't matter if there are irrelevant points in the OP, he still didn't respond to the actual point.

Moritzva said:
They do exist- and were proved to not be valid supporting evidence.

So, speaking of 'context', the context of this argument was invalid reasoning. Someone's vote was not counted for not properly responding to the OP, so I followed by stating the flaws in the OP.
They weren't proven to be valid supporting evidence, but I agree we should drop it as they don't matter much in the grand scheme of things I guess.

This is the first time I heard about this, there was no announcement no anything. So here's my reasoning to keep CH stay.

Can't we just move him to internet category/verse? I mean fanfiction and fan games can exists in this site so why not a character that techically does both exist and doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back