• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the existence of Composite Human

A wiki about Pokemon wouldn't just have a page for a digimom and justify it with "well, it's not causing any harm" would it. The fact that the profile doesn't fall into something the wiki is meant to feature is perfectly valid reasoning for removing it, rules aren't just based on what can cause tangible danger, they are also based on what something is supposed to be like and what it's scope is; it's not a reason to allow a profile just because it's technically not causing harm

Not really a fair comparison. I imagine having a page for Digimon causes quite a few problems- and certainly brings the question what it's purpose is, there.

Digimon profiles aren't that useful on a Digimon wiki, but Composite Human is one hell of a versus battle individual, and does hold a lot of notable real life feats.

Composite Human isn't really extraordinarily far off the scope, compared to, as you said, Digimon on a Pokemon wiki. Archiving/indexing? He's a good reference for humanity feats. Versus battles? Just look at his notable matches.

He's not perfectly in sync, but he's not some far off outlier like Rainbow Dash in Dark Souls or something. So the question is- why are the rules that say Composite Human is wrong the way they are, and do they apply to Composite Human, and to what extent?

Being more in sync than a super blatant case doesn't mean he stops being outside the scope of the wiki, and the point was to show that a premise of a wiki itself can disqualify a profile even if there isn't actual harm to having it, it doesn't have to be exactly comparable, it just had to illustrate what the main problem is

Andytrenom said:
Being more in sync than a super blatant case doesn't mean he stops being outside the scope of the wiki, and the point was to show that a premise of a wiki itself can disqualify a profile even if there isn't actual harm to having it, it doesn't have to be exactly comparable, it just had to illustrate what the main problem is
He's more in sync than Digimon on a Pokemon wiki. And sure, a premise can disqualify a profile if it is that far off the mark- but is Composite Human really on such a level? When the rules that dictate he's "off the mark" were made, why? What were their reasons, and do they apply to Composite Human?

You don't have to be "far off the mark" to be disqualified, being outside the scope of what a wiki features is on its own a reason not to feature it, for very common sense reasons. And sorry but the only answer you will get to that last question is "because that's how it is", I know, probably not very satisfactory but the matter of scope is something that indeed can be arbitrary, especially when it comes to hobby sites like this.

If you don't like it you can argue to change the standards themselves, but I am pretty sure that would involve arguing for other composites to return and a host of other types of concepts that don't originate from fictional franchises to be allowed

Except there were reasons for Composites being removed, no? And I'm sure a lot of those held true against a lot of Composites. But Composite Human is doubtlessly a special case; how do they hold up against him?

Unfortunately, "That's how it is", as you said, is not satisfactory for me. I can't agree with deleting Composite Human if that's the largest thing that stands against it.

Yeah, CH really shouldn't have stayed. Deleting every other real life composite but randomly leaving one of them with no other reason except for "it's popular" never made sense to me. If it breaks the rules, it should be deleted, regardless of how popular it is.

"But Composite Human is doubtlessly a special case"

It isn't. It's kept because it's popular. Simple. And it's a weak and arbitrary reason when shit like Composite Tree was almost as popular.

Also the reasons why they've been booted off? Because they're not true fictional characters, nor are they real life creatures. They're just ideas. It's not different form me coming up with a sun that shoots black holes and moves at Mach 29485892 and then trying to put it in the Wiki. It's a made up idea that isn't a fictional verse, it has no place on the Wiki and certainly not under the real life section.

Accepting CH because it's "popular" opens the door to literally anything being added if it's popular. It shouldn't be here.

I mean, I get why he would be deleted.

But don't you think deleting CH would be akin to deleting VBW history? He's kind of a staple of the website at this point.

Also, he's used as a standard in supernatural intelligence the same way other RW profiles are used as a standard in AP. I think that in and of itself could be a reason to keep CH.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
CH fits the best here. Moving him to the joke battles wiki will just turn him into a meme. FC makes him stick out.
I argue to keep CH
moving him to JBW wouldn't even turn him into a meme. he'd be totally forgotten. composite tree was a meme for ages and after getting moved over it was never used in another debate. it would be a complete death sentance and he'd get forgotten

Is this you guys' argument now...? "If he's moved, he'll be forgotten!"

That's not a very valid argument you guys. We ended meme characters before if they weren't appropriate for the Wiki.

honestly i think moving him to OC/FC would be better. at least there is activity there. but there is no way we can have him go to JBW

It's disrespectful to his legacy as a staple character here on this website (Both in normal discussions and in vs debates) and to the people who made a completely serious page, putting a good amount of time and research into it, just to have it be moved to a place which doesn't have any powers and abilities, explanations, ect.

That... that doesn't really compare to this. This is a page of an idea of cherry picking humanities best to make a composite fan fic character. If it crosses the border on rules and only was kept due to popularity, it isn't disrespectful. That's just how the rules work. Isn't exactly disrespectful to send it to that site since it doesn't fit this sites standards

YungManzi said:
It's disrespectful to his legacy as a staple character here on this website (Both in normal discussions and in vs debates) and to the people who made a completely serious page, putting a good amount of time and research into it, just to have it be moved to a place which doesn't have any powers and abilities, explanations, ect.
Still violates the rules of the wiki. And just because someone worked hard on it. Doesn't justify it staying.

What exactly is gained by breaking our ow rules and standards to keep the profile then?

Peoples' work don't get wasted, the fact that it isn't hurting anything and brings people lots of fun here, the fact that people can easily access to test the limits of the human race, etc.

@yellow

These are the standards we chose in order to prevent other similar profiles from being constantly made by toeing the line. The only reason CH has stood is because "he is popular" which isn't an excuse considering we have deleted popular profiles that broke our standards before

@goji

Peoples' work being wasted isn't a reason to keep a profile that is against our standards, the profile can be moved to another wiki if it means that much to people, we have deleted youtube profiles and other composites, like composite tree, which people likely worked hard on as well. Same thing with the whole "not hurting anything" and "brings lots of fun".

Because it's fun.

The main reason why people want it kept here is because it's fun.

Look at the sheer amount of matches this thing has. Look at how much work has gone into it. Look at how many people are here to support it. People love this weird little creature we've made abd it's entirely our own. No where else can you have debates about a Composite Human vs Jason Voorhees or the like. If it's moved to another wiki, the chances of it having a serious match again go up in smoke. It'll just be another fan or joke character collecting dust on a wiki that most if the community doesn't use.

We keep the Composite Human because it's a fun, interesting idea that's unique to this wiki.

Do you really want to get rid of that?

Should we really go as far as to remove it?

exactly. aren't wikis like this entirely for having fun with debates. if we go absolute justice on this place and hakai everything that steps out of line then we aren't fun

@Paul Frank

It still is extremely unnecessary. It is literally the only exception and was going to stay that way regardless. No one has gone out of there way to make idea profiles. This idea is way to fun and creative and I refuse to see it die for no real reason. This is like saying you're not allowed to shoot paper into bins. It's stupid.

@ wright

In a word

Yes

As it stands now our standards go against this character, the fun value is irrelevant to that fact. So yes, we should go as far as to remove it. If people really care about CH as much as you are implying, they could still make matches on other wikis, regardless of them not being used as much.

The purpose of this wiki has never claimed to be for pure fun. If all we cared about was fun we would just disregard all of our standards. This clearly isn't the case as evident by the fact that we actually have standards, the whole point of these standards is to follow them and decide what is and isn't allowed on the wiki. Youtube profiles were considered "fun" and the standards ended up such that they were deleted too.

Back