• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regenerationn True-Godly Changes Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
They should get changed to Mid-Godly. It's plausible they likely have High Godly due to their nature (Hadou and Gudou Gods that is), but they have no High-Godly feats.

Hadou Cells and Apoptosis only have reliant immortality.

I can speak for the D&D ones I suppose.

Uvuudaum, Father Llymic, and Neh-Thalggu should all theoretically go down to High-Godly. Creatures of their magnitude in the Far Realm are considered higher in power than gods, who the D&D folk have designated as High-Godly based on the fact that they regen from concept erasure (they are concepts in a literal sense), temporal (see: gods of time) and narrative (the TL;DR here is that Vecna was going to oust The Lady, rewrite the multiverse with himself at the top; despite this it was said the gods would return afterwards)

What is the difference between resistance to conceptual erasure and high godly? Just the fact the one is completely immune and the other not but it will regen from it?

Isn't it just a formal difference? That is the fail of the high godly

True godly should stay for outversal characters and beyond since they are beyond the dimensional structure

No. You don't get special Regenerationn for being a high enough tier. Dimensionality is not tied to one's ability to physically recover.

The difference between resistance and Regenerationn is simple. Resistance to conceptual erasure means it doesn't work or has a very poor effect on you, whereas with Regenerationn, it did work, you just came back from it.

The short summary from last the read is Mid-Godly is present time Existence Erasure; body, mind, and soul. High-Godly is true existence erasure such as "Being erased from the pages of history." Which has less to do with dimensional existence or higher tier and more so just that True EE is a character getting to the point where most of the universe/multiverse perceives them as if they never existed to begin with. High-Godly is Regenerationn from that level; which doesn't even require any sort of omnipresence or even a superhuman tier.

Sera has been the one explaining stuff very thoroughly so far. I'm not against True Godly Regen having been removed, considering that I've always questioned the consistencies of it for quite some time prior to the changes.

Sera EX said:
They should get changed to Mid-Godly. It's plausible they likely have High Godly due to their nature (Hadou and Gudou Gods that is), but they have no High-Godly feats.

Hadou Cells and Apoptosis only have reliant immortality.
Those inside Glads can regen back from Machina punches (concept EE) meaning they get High-Godly as the new standards, the Gods inmortality is way better than those of the "mortals" like the LDO.

For reference Machina's move is literally described as being able to erase anything from the pages of history, even concepts and thoughts, it matches the description perfectly with the new High Godly

@Tony

By regenerate from his punches, do you mean that his punches erase them completely and they regenerate back from nothing or the punches damage them and the regenerate from that damage?

Tony is completely right, machina has conceptual erasure, therefore it's high godly with gladsheimr.

Conceptual erasure alone isn't High-Godly, we've been over this.

@Tony

And? That's a feat of Machina's power, not a feat of anyone regenerating from it. Reliant immortality via Reinhard's briah doesn't count as Regenerationn.

@Sera

That's a different thing, only the commanders have immortality reliant on Rein, but all of LDO has boosted Regenerationn within Glad

Was it not stated or at least mentioned/implied somewhere in DI that the Einherjars (the Commanders especially) fight each other in Glads in the 60 years they've been sealed since Berlin? I remember Schreiber saying about the way he, Eleonore, and Machina (likely the millions of souls Reinhard houses in Glads) fight each other, meaning at some points or another Machina had to have EE them yet they're still up and about by the time the main story kicks in.

Machina's punches aren't just normal EE to the body and soul since it also erases information and concepts (like Methuselah) as well as your history. Dark even said this too earlier:

• High-Godly is true existence erasure such as "Being erased from the pages of history."
They definitely do have reliant immortality but I'm not seeing how they can't also have immortality based on regen. At least only while they're inside Glads.

@sera

they can regen, that is the reason why actually they have mid godly, according to the old regen page, it will be just low godly if you were right. Now regen page is uptated, and I think I posted enough evidence for ee, concpetual erasure, hystory erasure and so on. So I think High Godly with glads would be correct

Aren't Machina punches supposed to be dangerous even for Trifa and Reinhard? It wouldn't be treated as something like this if everyone can just regen from it.

Just pointing out that Machina's punches do not erase your history, they erase you as long as you have a history.

They still erase concepts, they just don't wipe them entirely from history. Which I think still qualifies for High-Godly?

Mr. Bambu said:
Conceptual erasure alone isn't High-Godly, we've been over this.
I still want to know where this logic came from when there are verses that has concepts that defines and shapes all aspects of one's existences, so I want to know why regenerating from the erasure of such concepts wouldn't qualify for High-Godly.

See the thread for this. I argued for High-Godly being conceptual erasure, but it was decided that was not enough. You need all aspects- history, narrative, concept, so on and so forth.

> You need all aspects- history, narrative, concept, so on and so forth.

High-Godly Regenerationn: "The ability to regenerate after erasure from all aspects of existence, such as from history, narrative/plot, and conceptual/information destruction."

So, a character literally needs to be shown that they get erased at all of these described aspects of existence at once? Because if so, there would be very few verses that can actually fit that type of Regenerationn.

I thought it was just Regenerationn from one of these described erasure, but if the erasure needs to contain all of these aforementioned scale of erasure, then not many versus would actually fit by this standard (E.g. A character can regenerate from can erase their information/concept and remove them from history through all of time, but as the erasure isn't specified to remove targets from the plot/narrative, they can't qualify for High-Godly because the erasure doesn't include removal from the narrative/plot of the story they're in. Or if a character can regenerate from erasure that removes them from history and the narrative/plot, but since the erasure isn't specified to remove their concept/information, they won't qualify for High-Godly Regenerationn. Or even having their concept/information being erased through all of time, but other beings can still remember their existence destroyed by such an erasure thus they aren't actually erased from history, therefore they can't qualify for High-Godly).

Would a character need to regenerate from all the aforementioned scale of erasure, or just one of the aforementioned scale?

Tony di bugalu said:
Yeah, 1 and 2 which falls on the level of concept destruction Machina does
Machina's abilities demonstratably do not erase your concept throughout all of time, they only erase you at that moment.

But the point is that if he is erasing conceptual abstracts that are Platonic, false or otherwise, which are above time and space by default, such an erasure would effect the entire space-time of the reality they manifest, both past and present.

Assaltwaffle said:
If you erase a concept entirely, it becomes inconceivable throughout time. Concepts on this level are naturally detached from all of reality, time and space, and thus destroying it would destroy it across all time.
Dunno what you want me to say, the thread was open for months and I defended the same idea. But nobody spoke up. This is what was decided on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back