• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regenerationn True-Godly Changes Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is where I get confused on the whole "negating regen". Let's use Yggdrasil. Digimon is at least an 12-D cosmology, however Yggdrasil was erased on a 10-D level and Yggdrasil itself is a 10-D existence (Thus, she'll be reduced to Mid-Godly). my question is that if we have characters who can negate a level or regen from a certain level of destruction, shouldn't they be able to bypass High-Godly from lower levels? And as a result, shouldn't those who bypass the High-Godly of lower levels not be able to bypass the Mid-Godly of higher levels?

For example.

High-Godly character is from a 2-A verse. He fights a character who can negate Mid-Godly of say a 6-Dimensional level. Should the character with Mid-Godly negation bypass that High-Godly?

I hope I am making sense as I'm typing this as it's twisting and turning in my head so it may not be fully coherent.

@Sera

LLT survived Hanju's law, so it's very possible that Glad did too

Merc can affect things outside his law i think, as seen by the fact he can travel to the Twilight Beach

Also, Ren/Yato's law is not actually time stop, his law is based around stagnation, with it being refferred to as time stop because it looks similar

Dragonmasterxyz said:
So this is where I get confused on the whole "negating regen". Let's use Yggdrasil. Digimon is at least an 12-D cosmology, however Yggdrasil was erased on a 10-D level and Yggdrasil itself is a 10-D existence (Thus, she'll be reduced to Mid-Godly). my question is that if we have characters who can negate a level or regen from a certain level of destruction, shouldn't they be able to bypass High-Godly from lower levels? And as a result, shouldn't those who bypass the High-Godly of lower levels not be able to bypass the Mid-Godly of higher levels?
For example.

High-Godly character is from a 2-A verse. He fights a character who can negate Mid-Godly of say a 6-Dimensional level. Should the character with Mid-Godly negation bypass that High-Godly?

I hope I am making sense as I'm typing this as it's twisting and turning in my head so it may not be fully coherent.
^Never got an answer.

Dragonmasterxyz said:

For example.

No.

Unless you want goku to negate Mid-godly Regenerationn of 3Ds because he punches with 4D force (I know Goku does not negate regen, its a mere example).

Punching harder doesnt grant extra abilities.

If you negate Mid godly, you negate Mid godly, not High godly.

If you can destroy something on every level of existence, assuming you can do it in lower levels is fair. If you cant destroy something on X level of existence (say, concepts), its not fair to assume that you can somehow destroy concepts in lower levels unless explicitly shown.

WoD definitely has High-Godly Regen as it literally possesses every type of possible erasure in existence.

Erasure from history, Concept, beyond concepts, The Plot, erase your True Name, erasure your identity, how above remove you by achieving Nirvana?

Erasure using the Void, erasure by absorbing yo ur identity, erasure by destroying you in all dimensions.

Well the current description of what High-Godly is, is very confusing and vague to say the least. Is it to be erased on all levels of existence in verse or across history, plot/narrative, conceptual, etc.

Depending on the answer, if it's the former then I guess all of The Elder Scrolls characters would be downgraded to Mid-Godly, as it would require a "Tier 0 EE" for them to be High-Godly (unless you argue that CHIM/Zero-Sum/Madness is Tier 0 erasure, but I won't get into that).

And if it's the latter, then they would be High-Godly, because of Vivec's interaction with Azura, and Sotha Sil's death word with Dagon.

PaChi2 said:
Punching harder doesnt grant extra abilities.

If you negate Mid godly, you negate Mid godly, not High godly.

If you can destroy something on every level of existence, assuming you can do it in lower levels is fair. If you cant destroy something on X level of existence (say, concepts), its not fair to assume that you can somehow destroy concepts in lower levels unless explicitly shown.
Punching harder wasn't my point.

Based on above, you need to be erased from all of existence in your verse. So say you are erased conceptually by a 10-D Entity, but your verse extends above that (say 15-D). You'd get Mid-Godly. However, we then we have Joe here who survived 5-D conceptual erasure within a 5-D verse, so he gets High-Godly. Both are similar feats, but one's verse is larger so they don't get High-Godly. Shouldn't they be able to bypass the lower level High Godly? Like I am pretty confused here.

the 10-D entity can destroy concepts on a 10-D scale (asuming concepts are tied to dimensionality) and destroy every aspect of a 10-D being, but inverse that's not enough to negate high godly regen cuz reasons only relevant inverse. So they are a 10D mid godly regenerator negationer.

That's what you mean?

The 5D being with high godly regen is screwed as they lack the "inverse mechanic" that is holding the 10D back.

^ where you get erased (10D, 12D etc..) it's irrelevant, you have to look at the feats and the description of the conceptual erasure, if the character has a conceptual manipulation of type 2 for example his erasure will qualify for high godly if you regen from it, since his erasure will destroy the fundament of your existence across all the reality.

And yggdrasil has conceptual of type 2 in the profile.

regardless of that, the description of the high godly should be changed as suggested by Elizha and the other guy, by changing "or conceptual erasure" specifying the grade.

I mean tbh I don't see why destroying a concept on a level that it doesn't even exist at would overcome someone who can come back from no concept.

Yeah, that was basically what I was wondering. Because for the 10-D one would only be Mid-Godly. However, the 5-D character has High-Godly because their verse is much smaller (5-D) and thus doesn't extend farther. So basically my question was whether this character who can negate Mid-Godly regen from 10-D based Conceptual Erasure can negate the 5-D based High-Godly.

I guess I am confused and wondering if cosmology size is relevant.

"Also, you guys have to remember I specifically said in the Regenerationn thread that High-Godly is based around whatever is "all of existence" in a verse. In simple terms, the bigger the cosmology, the harder it is to get high-godly."

^This is what's confusing me.

I guess we need to explain this agai... But later, I'm tired and already busy as is.

You're definitely not going to help by mentioning broken niche verses filled with OTP Hax Lords like TES though.

I mean "Broken Niche Verses" is probably who this is most relevant to since it's a rather high level ability.

@Dragon

What I said only refers to erasure from history. This allows lower tiers to get high godly as well. Conceptual erasure must be at least type 2 in order to be high godly.

The other forms of erasure (primary erasure and especially narrative erasure) are automatically high godly.

I hope that clears it up.

Broken as in "breaks the tier system". TES is one of those "technically speaking there's Tier 0 hax but let's not bring that up because people will get triggered" verses.

I am fine with High-Godly Masadaverse gods if Sera considers it acceptable.

It should be be the latter where their Regenerationn would be High-Godly.

Thanks. Is somebody willing to apply this then, including adding brief explanations where it is appropriate?

As I have been asked to comment on what the new regen should be for I/O, I shall do so. You could view their immortality 2 different ways, but it will be functionally identical. You can view it as Mid-Godly but with the caveat that their type 8 makes it functionally High Godly, or that they are just flat out High-Godly and the type 8 is more descriptive of that. Since they are composed completely of spaceless, timeless, information, any part of them can be reconstructed or restored from information. Even when they are absorbed on a conceptual level they can just put themselves back together. Hell, it doesn't even need to be the same information as originally composed them, so even if you erased the information that they were previously "relient" on, they can still reconstruct themselves using other, unrelated information.

I feel I/O is High-Godly as well, but as you said the reliant immortality makes that difficult to determine.

So, we could possibly do this:

Type 3 Immortality via High-Godly Regenerationn or Type 8 Immortality with Mid-Godly Regenerationn.

I can't remember, but do they reconstruct their bodies themselves? If so, it's definitely High-Godly regen.

Yeah, they have free control of their reconstruction. Hell, their transformation works basically by just taking themselves apart and reforming how they want. I'd be down for having either or both

Then what they have is Type 3 Immortality via High-Godly Regenerationn. Though this does mean type 8 would be removed since it's through their own design, not an external source.

Well, they technically need information in and of itself for them to construct themselves out of. If a powerful enough being could wipe out the concept of information, then they wouldn't be able to regenerate. But yeah, I would be fine with type 3 for High Godly regen

Yeah, Type 3 Immortality and Regenerationn at High-Godly looks more appropriate.

Antvasima said:
Thanks. Is somebody willing to apply this then, including adding brief explanations where it is appropriate?
I think I could handled it later.

Tyri456 said:
what about TES and Cthulhu Mythos? we have to wait their tier revision?
For TES, it would be High-Godly; I am not sure about Cthulhu Mythos, though. I am not sure who is an expert there.

For example Nyar has true godly thanks to his tier, it would be useful to know what are the Regenerationn feats of the verse, since they have conceptual type 1, it is probably high godly too tho, but that depends on what he regenerated from.

Elizhaa said:
Tyri456 said:
what about TES and Cthulhu Mythos? we have to wait their tier revision?
For TES, it would be High-Godly; I am not sure about Cthulhu Mythos, though. I am not sure who is an expert there.
Definately High-Godly, since Yog-Sothoth (Namless Mist) and Shub (Unspeakable Darkness) existed prior to all concepts, so any damage they would take would be beyond conceptual damage, and therefore, High-Godly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back