• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Finally, I vote to Rem because she has range advantage which the shortest range of Rem is equal to the longest range of Shantae. Regenerationn (Mid-Low), Extrasensory Perception, Forcefield Creation could prevent her from being damaged. I think the first one who is tired is Shantae.

I wish it doesn't hurt fans' heart, since it's just my opinion.

Alright. Shantae has much more abilities to help her out during this fight. Rem's hax really won't help her out that much against Shantae.

@DatOneWeeb Alright, I'll be honest, I'm not counting your vote for now because you still haven't really argued your point well enough. What part of Rem's hax is useless here? Shantae can't neg regen/healing and has no method of bypassing forcefields. Sorry, but I won't count your vote untill you can provide some actual reasoning.

Blue - 1 (Mariogoods)

Pruple - 0

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
@DatOneWeeb Alright, I'll be honest, I'm not counting your vote for now because you still haven't really argued your point well enough. What part of Rem's hax is useless here? Shantae can't neg regen/healing and has no method of bypassing forcefields. Sorry, but I won't count your vote untill you can provide some actual reasoning.
Blue - 1 (Mariogoods)

Pruple - 0
Rem doesn't have much hax that will help her out during the battle. She has very little hax. Shantae does have a way if healing herself via Super Revive Dance. Yes, she does have forcefields but how strong are her forcefields?

Both girls have healing and Rem has Regen on top of that. I can't remember how strong her Forcefields are. I would assume at least as high as her Durability, but like I said, I don't know.

I vote Shantae due to being able to eal with the range problem by using bubble/mirror to deal with the magic attacks and Obliterate Spell doing huge damage that would tax Rem's regen due damage being all over her entire body. Shantae has a plethora of items and magical skills to combat Rem and well Shantae could use her various Storm Puff and the other vairants to shock Rem's water magic (assuming it isn't pure water)

And well considerign her forefield is made from Water, well...

Okay, since this seems to be a match where no one really has a clear idea who would win, let me try to analyze their different abilities and see which one will come out on top.

First off, I don't think we need to worry about a severe AP difference, since Rem has clocked in at about 15.77 tons of TNT with her magic alone, and while Shantae's best feat is 14 tons of TNT, it was stated in the blog that it could potentially be higher. So, I'm just gonna let this play out as if they were fairly even, though I am giving Rem a slight advantage here just because numbers.

Now, as was stated by Mario, Rem does have a distinct range advantage over Shantae. However, Shantae may be able to close the gap due to several abilities she has that can help against the projectiles. Her Al Human launches ice spears at her opponent, but with the Bubble, Mirror, Fire Manipulation, and possibly even her own hair, Shantae should be able to bash away the ice shards in order to close the gap on Rem. And since this is in Central Park, there's not much water Rem can use for El Human, although it is possible that she can find herself by a pond or something.

Regardless of that, the most likely scenario here is that Rem and Shantae will end up in close-quarters combat, and here's where things get a little tricky. Due to her intense Regen factor, Shantae will have a very hard time dealing any lasting damage against Rem, due to it healing almost immediately afterward, and this will eventually wear down Shantae. Plus, adding Human to this as well only makes this even harder on Shantae, as this water barrier will end up taking the brunt of a lot of Shantae's attacks.

However, things won't be easy for Rem, either. Shantae's whipping hair should be a much more effective weapon than Rem's flail, due to the nature of how each of them works. (Plus, Shantae could potentially rip the flail out of Rem's hands.) Her belly dance transformations, coupled with the speed presented by the Metronome, can throw Rem off-guard, particularly with her Spider, Elephant, Tinker Bat and Harpy transformations, dealing hard damage, potential poisoning, and unlimited flight. Her Pike Balls, especially the Mega variant, and the different Storm Puffs should also keep Rem on her toes during the fight. Basically, in this fight, Shantae makes up for her lack of AP with a very handy amount of variety. Plus, she has many different healing potions in case she gets injured, so there's that as well.

In the end, this is a very hard call. Both of these ladies easily have the potential to come out on top. However, I believe Shantae may end up coming out on top more often then not, due to certain other items the genie has that could help her immensely, such as Invincibility, which allows her to buff through attacks to deal some heavy blows, Vanishing Cream, which should allow Shantae to get the drop on Rem and deal some good damage there, and the big decider of this, Obliterate, which will deal a lot of damage that Rem can't just simply lolnope due to her regen. As I said, this is really close, but in the end, I'm giving this to the half-genie hero with high-difficulty.

Winner: Shantae

Technically, her belly dance technique are dances that trigger her different transformations, which Rem could potentially use to her advantage to attack Shantae. That being said, due to her many battles with other foes, as well as the Metronome halving the time it takes for said transformations to occur, I think Shantae should be able to avoid getting blindsided by Rem in this way.

Back