• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reminder of an old Pokemon Revision thread

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/909955

Hey guys, remember when we were going to do this? Magikarp and all other unevolved Pokemon were going to get downgraded from High 8-C+ to 9-B in both durability AND AP. And yet, to this day, I still see people putting Magikarp up against High 8-Cs in VS matches.

I think it's about time we finally get around to this.

Didn't you recently have me calc Seismic Toss being survivable for Magikarp, making its durability 8-A (via it being 10kg)? OvO

The real cal howard said:
Didn't you recently have me calc Seismic Toss being survivable for Magikarp, making its durability 8-A (via it being 10kg)? OvO
I still don't understand why all Pokemon are scaling to that.

Nevermind, I gotcha.

So you used the result obtained from one of the heaviest unevolved Pokemon?

Im not even sure on that, whenever we see seismic toss used in the manga or anime the earth is just a visual.

The only actual instance of this being a actual throw is in revolution.

Just saying, even if we use Ghastly's weight of .1 kg for Seismic Toss it still comes out as low-end 8-A

Wow, I was expecting High 8-C+ or low end 8-B.

8-A seems fine then.

Now we just need to find a good feat that would scale to the 2nd stage evolutions. Wasn't there a thread where Cal posted a crap ton of storm feats? I already calc'd one of them a while back, so that could be a good place to start.

There's a few storm calcs and some moves that were calced at 6-C (Which can technically scale to just about every pokemon aside from the extremely weak ones)

The 8-A moms will become Low 7-B via your Seismic Toss calc.

Also, everyone 8-A and up is becoming Sub-Rel. Their throwing speed is this fast, and things thrown by them, evidenced in Fling and everything in PMD, can be caught or dodged.

There is also the MHS-MHS+ speed scaling from lightning Pokémon in general including Zebstrika.

For the trainers i can plan a fine scaling for them.

Other Pokémon feats that i remember:

Pikachu destroys Pokémon Center: Multi-City Block level.

Trained Manga Delibird Feat: Island level+.

Trained Octillery Manga Feat: City level.

Ampharos and Lanturn Energy: Town level.

Not 100% on board with Sub-Rel Second Stage Pokemon, Final Evo's I'm good with, Second Stage, not really. But hey, it isn't my call.

How does this look?

1st Stage: Keep the Transonic rating? HHS+? MHS+? (Honestly forgot what they were since Cal never updated them)

2nd Stage: Have the MHS+ rating.

Final Stage: Have the Sub-Rel rating.

Back