• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

resistance to sleep manipulation for goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember when jackie chun fought goku in the first tournament of db, he used hypnosis to make goku sleep but goku woke up anyway because he heard bulma say "food"

waking up from a sleep manipulation attack alone proves that the character is somewhat resistant to sleep manipulation

that is the whole point......he did something he should have not done, he woke up even when he was under the sleep manipulation.....obviously i am not asking for immunity but this calls for a resistance

Wake up from a sleep manipulation don't give a resistance.

It's just sleep inducement, nothing implied that Goku should sleep more than usual via the hypnosis.

you are wrong

master roshi himself said that goku wont wake up until he gives the signal/order

you can find it here http://*********.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Chapter-049?id=260634

Yeah, Goku had outside assistance there to resist falling asleep.

He shouldn't have it.

Filler Anime Z Goku has it, albeit limited. He resisted the sleep inducing foods from the Princess Snake, but a magic sleeping potion was able to do so.

On one hand you can say that he did fell asleep. On the other hand you can also say that Goku could hear Bulma's voice even in his sleep and woke up without any order from Roshi. I think it can be limited resistance.

Goku is being woken up by his love of food not by some ability to resist sleep manipulation. In a versus match there isn't going to be someone around to scream food so goku can wake up.

I agree with AKM that Roshi should be given Sleep Manipulation

Goku was also affected by time stop before gaining resistance. It's not different from that.

Goku was able to move during Hit timestop, but was affected when Hit timestopped inside the timestop.

Desmond253 said:
being resistant doesn't mean you are immune to the effects. He doesn't even resist being put to sleep.
I didn't even say that. Obviously resistance doesn't mean immunity. I'm just saying that the argument for limited resistance is coming from the following reasons:

1. He could hear voices in his sleep which he shouldn't have heard.

2. He woke up without getting any signal from Roshi.

And obviously he was put to sleep before he woke up. But that's not the first time Goku gained resistance from something after being affected by it. He was first affected by time stop too before gaining resistance later.

Might be a daft question but can sleeping people not hear anything when they're asleep?

That could be due to the saiyans enhanced senses, which Vegeta perfectly described.

Damage3245 said:
Might be a daft question but can sleeping people not hear anything when they're asleep?
I mean, when I am sound asleep I don't even hear my alarm lol

Desmond does have a point. Even if Goku did wake up when he logically shouldn't, it was still caused by Bulma yelling at him.

When I was in highschool i would sometimes fall asleep in class, I could still hear and answer the teachers when they called on me. So it depends on the person

Desmond253 said:
but it was triggered by bulma how is that going to be applicable in a 1v1 fight?
What goes into a profile doesn't have to be applicable in a 1v1 fight. There are several abilities which are not combat applicable. This is first an indexing site, not a vs debating site.

my point was we are giving a character a resistance to something that only accured because of the actions of another person

Triggered by another person. The action of waking up was still Goku's own action.

Desmond253 said:
how does he preform the action without the trigger though?
Don't know. All we know is that he can hear voices even in his sleep and can wake up if he so wills.

When Goku heard about the food, it was his will to wake up. So he did.

AstralKing7 said:
I hear voices when I sleep and wake up when I hear them automatically
I don't think I'm resistant
Were you ever put in a sleep manipulation from which you could only have woken up if the user had desired?

I don't understand the logic here, we are giving goku resistance to sleep manipulation based on an action preformed by bulma during a gag. If enough people agree that it should be added then that's fine, but I would at least like to understand the logic behind the decision.

Assuming this goes through, how would this particular resistance be applicable in a Versus Thread? Or would it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back