• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rikuo Nura Profile Revision (Nurarihyon-No-Mago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Profile:

Revised Profile:

I made the profile alot better, added scans, references and deeper explanation to all abilities, added new abilities and resistances, added stats that're actually backed up with calculations rather than pure assumptions. Basically modernize the profile to match our current profile standards.

Now i can finally get onto those Evil Within profiles.

Agree - Veloxt1r0kore, Planck69, Dread, Rikimarox2 (Agrees with everything else), LIFE_OF_KING, KingTempest

Disagree - Setsuna_tenma (Conceptual Manipulation), Expectro2000xxx (Fear Manipulation against Robots)

Neutral - Rikimarox2 (Leaning disagree with Conceptual Manipulation, but is fine with adding it if most people agree with it)

Last edited:
images

Obviously i agree with this

I mean it wasn't that hard since the verse only has one profile currently, so i just said **** it and decided to make one of the best profiles on the wiki, shit is actually beyond beautiful.

I mean it wasn't that hard, since the verse only has one profile currently so i just said **** it and decided to make one of the best profiles on the wiki, shit is actually beyond beautiful.
Agree, my eyes has been blessed, but i didn't expected him to be an haxlord like titus those conceptual ***** looks bs af
I bet this would applied to the other Yokai as well

They're directly interacting with and manipulating each other's personal concept's of "fear", since "fear" within itself is an abstract emotion which one feels towards another. This being explained in the second scan i posted.

It's innately conceptual.

Am I missing something here? From the scans, I'm honestly not seeing anything that even points towards them literally manipulating a concept, but rather just the power of fear to **** block other yokai's fear, which doesn't seem like concept manip at all. Are there any more scans?

Also, where do the 8 to 10 layers come from?

Rikuo's Conceptual Manipulation isn't from directly manipulating a concept, it's from the fact his very power-source is based around abstract emotions such as "fear, awe and respect", with all three being personal concepts innately. It's why for the power-source to work against someone it requires said someone to "fear" the Yokai, as if they don't the Yokai's techniques won't work against them because they don't have that personal concept of "fear, awe and respect' between each other.

The layering is explained at the end of the page, under "Layering Explanation".

I can't believe you missed that ngl, shit's mad long.

Yeah I just didn't even bother to read after the techniques section, didn't think there would be anything else there. Mb. The layers seem fine, then.

As for the concept fuckery, I still don't honestly see how that's concept manip. Like you said, they rely on their own fear, and each Yokai has a different fear. Wouldn't that just be empathic manipulation or empowerment (whatever the ****) rather than actual concept manip?

I ain't that knowledgeable on concept shittery, but from the page itself, I don't really know how this qualifies as it relies on their own emotion, and isn't literally changing or manipulating the other's fear rather than just being stronger than it.

I agree with everything else, but I'm just iffy about the concept stuff, but if everyone else agrees with it, then there isn't much I can do. Perhaps shiz like this qualifies and I just didn't know.

Damn Deceived, how did you carry the whole profile alone? Holy.
Also, unsure if layering explanation in question is needed. For example, this part.

Can't you carry the entire explanation and create a new blog for it and just redirect it from there? I did something similar to Anos since the profile was huge.
And yours is huge too (holy, the difference between current and yours is just tremendous)

disagree with concept hax. They are just gaining power through fear nothing about concept hax.
Yeah I just didn't even bother to read after the techniques section, didn't think there would be anything else there. Mb. The layers seem fine, then.

As for the concept fuckery, I still don't honestly see how that's concept manip. Like you said, they rely on their own fear, and each Yokai has a different fear. Wouldn't that just be empathic manipulation or empowerment (whatever the ****) rather than actual concept manip?

I ain't that knowledgeable on concept shittery, but from the page itself, I don't really know how this qualifies as it relies on their own emotion, and isn't literally changing or manipulating the other's fear rather than just being stronger than it.

I agree with everything else, but I'm just iffy about the concept stuff, but if everyone else agrees with it, then there isn't much I can do. Perhaps shiz like this qualifies and I just didn't know.
Just a question: Is fear treated there as a concept or as an abstract?

More over, it sounds fear manipulation rather conceptual manipulation, because type 3 is redundant, fear is nowhere a personal concept.

I was made aware of the layering of abilities in the revised profile.

Yeah no remove that, that's not part of our standard profile template.

I was made aware of the layering of abilities in the revised profile.

Yeah no remove that, that's not part of our standard profile template.
Should i just move it into a separate blog which explains the layering there?, if so then i'm fine with doing that.

Can't you carry the entire explanation and create a new blog for it and just redirect it from there? I did something similar to Anos since the profile was huge.
And yours is huge too (holy, the difference between current and yours is just tremendous)

Just a question: Is fear treated there as a concept or as an abstract?
It's treated as a distinctly non-physical presence which is composed of the emotional feelings of "fear, awe and respect", causing anyone who feels this presence to be induced those effects.

What i'm asserting is that "emotions" under this context isn't referencing the biochemical workings which causes what we consider as "emotions" normally, but rather it's referencing "emotions" as the actual "feelings" themselves, i believe this interpretation is supported by the fact Yokai's "fear" isn't manipulating the actual biochemicals within someone to cause these affects, rather they're inducing "fear, awe and respect" itself onto another.

I'd also assert this interpretation being most likely true because of the fact Rikuo's "fear" allows him to interact with similarly conceptual beings, such as Sanmato, someone who didn't possess an actual physical body during this interaction, but rather was constructed purely of his personal "hatred" of the Nura Clan. Which by definition is an abstract existence that's based around one's personal concept.

I'll say it's up to interpretation, i just believe my interpretation is better compared to the opposite. If needed i'm fine with downgrading it to only a "possibly" or "likely" rating rather than a full, concrete one.

"Fear" isn't a concept itself, it's conceptual because it's comprised of three personal concepts, those being "fear, awe and respect".

So fear is not concept itself, why would you give conceptual manipulation? The user in question are not manipulating concept directly.

But I now understand the argument of type 3. By any chance, can they manipulate those 3 personal concepts directly or no? Since this is the last thing I need to confirm.

So fear is not concept itself, why would you give conceptual manipulation? The user in question are not manipulating concept directly.
It would be Conceptual Manipulation since Rikuo can manipulate the three personal Concepts which make up the term "fear" within verse through manipulating his "fear".

. By any chance, can they manipulate those 3 personal concepts directly or no?
It's stated they're "Yokai Powers", which means yes they can be individually manipulated, like literally any of their other Yokai power in the series.

It would be Conceptual Manipulation since Rikuo can manipulate the three personal Concepts which make up the term "fear" within verse through manipulating his "fear". It's stated they're "Yokai Powers", which means yes they can be individually manipulated, like literally any of their other Yokai power in the series.
Alright, I will take your word as authentic source without checking it up, seems fine to apply it as a conceptual manipulation type 3 since they can manipulate personal concepts directly.

Tier: High 7-C, Low 7-B with Equip and Fear Layering, even higher with Hagoromo Gitsune
The High 7-C and Low 7-B should be bolded
This isn't really ultraviolet vision, they certainly can see auras but that's a supernatural aura from a supernatural energy which itself is already invisible to non yokai, so isn't something like an actual physical light that can be detected with physics instead of supernatural means, like most energies and auras in other series.
For the same reason as the previous point I wouldn't say this is light manip, is just the normal aura that basically most supernatural series have and that normal persons can't see.
Could be wrong but I'm not seeing anything like a machine or objects in said scans getting scared, the machine part I'm quite sure is a metaphor/flowery language instead of an actual literal machine.
Why reducing something to dust with fire is deconstruction?

Initially I was also against the conceptual manip for fear, but after see all the scans and since is just type 3 I guess is fine to put it as conceptual manip.

Last ability you mentioned is valid even if it is done through other ability. Bring the standard that goes against it

Last ability you mentioned is valid even if it is done through other ability. Bring the standard that goes against it
Note: Natural side effects from powers, such as Energy Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation, and other abilities that can produce enough energy output to destroy or dismantle objects, do not mean that characters automatically qualify for this ability, unless the abilities in question specifically and directly focus on deconstruction in itself, rather than as a consequence.
Literally from the deconstruction page bruh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back