• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rikuo Nura Profile Revision (Nurarihyon-No-Mago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The High 7-C and Low 7-B should be bolded
I'll bold them when i actually replace the current profile with the revised one.

This isn't really ultraviolet vision, they certainly can see auras but that's a supernatural aura from a supernatural energy which itself is already invisible to non yokai, so isn't something like an actual physical light that can be detected with physics instead of supernatural means, like most energies and auras in other series.
It's still a light-source which humans can't see, which falls directly under what Ultraviolet Vision is explained as.
  • Ultraviolet Vision: The ability to see light humans cannot
For the same reason as the previous point I wouldn't say this is light manip, is just the normal aura that basically most supernatural series have and that normal persons can't see.
Normal "aura's" don't necessarily create light, and even if they did it'll still be a limited form of Light Manipulation since they're creating a glow of light from their aura. Which falls under what Light Manipulation is.

Could be wrong but I'm not seeing anything like a machine or objects in said scans getting scared, the machine part I'm quite sure is a metaphor/flowery language instead of an actual literal machine.
It's explained in the first scan you quoted, it states for a Yokai's abilities to work against another it requires the said opponent to fear them, and since Rikuo's abilities work against Sanmoto he'd inherently had to effect him with his fear.

How exactly is that statement "flowery" in anyway? it just states Sanmoto's a machine, that isn't metaphorical at all. Especially when visually Sanmoto's clearly very mechanical looking.

Why reducing something to dust with fire is deconstruction?
Because it's reducing larger matter into smaller matter? it wouldn't be a byproduct of just the heat since fire doesn't reduce someone to dust, but rather ash.

It's still a light-source which humans can't see, which falls directly under what Ultraviolet Vision is explained as.
  • Ultraviolet Vision: The ability to see light humans cannot
Ultraviolet is light that indeed average humans can't see, but this is because physics reasons, the definition of ultraviolet light itself says how it is electromagnetic radiation, you would need to prove that in verse auras emit electromagnetic radiation with wavelength from 10 nm to 400 nm and that yokais are able to see light with such wavelength.

By using the logic of simply light that normal humans can't see then basically all the the users of senses that let them see invisible things (like ghost, auras or any average supernatural energy for example) need ultraviolet vision added, all stand users, everyone in bleach, haki users, danny phantom ghosts, servants, persona users, etc. I would actually like to know someone in the wiki able to see auras that wouldn't have the ability.
Normal "aura's" don't necessarily create light, and even if they did it'll still be a limited form of Light Manipulation since they're creating a glow of light from their aura. Which falls under what Light Manipulation is.
Tell me how many supernatural auras don't emit any type of light in fiction, and tell me how many profiles list light manip just from their aura instead of other abilitites.
In no part of the fear manip justification are present any scan or mention about Sanmoto though.

I don't see him as mechanical, I would also like proof that he is a literal machine because a quick search in the nurarihyon wiki show me that he was originally a human that when died become a yokai formed by 100 differents yokais made from his body parts. There don't seem to be any mention about be mechanical or a machine, and the illustrations of his differents body parts definitely aren't machines.

Because it's reducing larger matter into smaller matter? it wouldn't be a byproduct of just the heat since fire doesn't reduce someone to dust, but rather ash.
I'm pretty sure that instead of dust it should say ash and the translator likely made a mistake.

Edit: Btw, to confirm if indeed is a translation mistake I'm downloading the raws, but since it's aready too late here tomorrow is when I will be able to look at them.

Last edited:
Ultraviolet is light that indeed average humans can't see, but this is because physics reasons, the definition of ultraviolet light itself says how it is electromagnetic radiation, you would need to prove that in verse auras emit electromagnetic radiation with wavelength from 10 nm to 400 nm and that yokais are able to see light with such wavelength.

By using the logic of simply light that normal humans can't see then basically all the the users of senses that let them see invisible things (like ghost, auras or any average supernatural energy for example) need ultraviolet vision added, all stand users, everyone in bleach, haki users, danny phantom ghosts, servants, persona users, etc. I would actually like to know someone in the wiki able to see auras that wouldn't have the ability
Sure, i'm fine with removing it via this reasoning.

Tell me how many supernatural auras don't emit any type of light in fiction, and tell me how many profiles list light manip just from their aura instead of other abilitites.
I don't need to tell you anything, it produces a glow of light, which is Light Manipulation.

Isn't that complicated. Hell we even give Light Manipulation to abilities visually similar to a Yokai's aura, such as the Sharingan from Naruto.

In no part of the fear manip justification are present any scan or mention about Sanmoto though.
🤦‍♂️

I don't need scans which state that's Sanmoto, because the name of the person doesn't matter, what matters is if said person was affected by Rikuo's fear and was mechanical in nature, which i provided evidence for both.

I don't see him as mechanical, I would also like proof that he is a literal machine because a quick search in the nurarihyon wiki show me that he was originally a human that when died become a yokai formed by 100 differents yokais made from his body parts. There don't seem to be any mention about be mechanical or a machine, and the illustrations of his differents body parts definitely aren't machines.
That's referencing the "true" version of Sanmoto, the one which Rikuo fought against was the "vessel" of Sanmoto which was being used by Encho to reborn the original Sanmoto from hell. So it isn't actually him but rather a mechanical vessel.

It's stated to be a machine, until further contradiction we assume it's a machine, stop being overly pedantic over blatantly uncontradicted statements.

I'm pretty sure that instead of dust it should say ash and the translator likely made a mistake.
Until you can prove otherwise we have to assume Dust is the correct translation.

Last edited:
That's referencing the "true" version of Sanmoto, the one which Rikuo fought against was the "vessel" of Sanmoto which was being used by Encho to reborn the original Sanmoto from hell. It isn't actually him but rather a mechanical vessel.

It's stated to be a machine, until further contradiction we assume it's a machine, stop being overly pedantic over blatantly uncontradicted statements.
You showed evidence of Sanmoto brain, which is a yokai that isn't in any way a machine, controlling a vessel specifically (likely with special supernatural materials) made with the purpose of be controlled by him, which is quite different to what one would call a machine.
Until you can prove otherwise we have to assume Dust is the correct translation.
Even if it was indeed dust (which I honestly doubt) the thing shouldn't be considered deconstruction.

Why? You did not clarify the reason. You quoted where the last sentence even prove it indeed qualifies.

You showed evidence of Sanmoto brain, which is a yokai that isn't in any way a machine, controlling a vessel specifically (likely with special supernatural materials) made with the purpose of be controlled by him, which is quite different to what one would call a machine.
I showed that it wasn't the actual Sanmoto, but rather a vessel of him, with that vessel being directly stated to be mechanical in nature, until you can actually provide contradictory information against Itaku's word we'd assume he's telling the truth as that's the least assumptive claim given the evidence.

I'm done debating this topic with you because you're incapable of actually providing evidence for your claim and it's a waste of my time. I'll add you to the disagree column.

Even if it was indeed dust (which I honestly doubt) the thing shouldn't be considered deconstruction.
Why exactly wouldn't it be considered as Deconstruction, and what other ability would it be considered as, Transmutation?

Why? You did not clarify the reason. You quoted where the last sentence even prove it indeed qualifies.
? I quoted the note of the deconstruction page saying how fire manip don't qualify unless there is a fire power specifically focused on deconstruct, which this isn't really the case because any fire that burn someone would have the same effect.
Why exactly wouldn't it be considered as Deconstruction, and what other ability would it be considered as, Transmutation?
Because any fire that burn something to ashes have the exactly same effect. It would be just fire manip.

Well, since I was already there I decided to just directly look at the raws instead to wait untill tomorrow, here is what it says in japanese:
夜明けと共に塵となれ
It certainly use the kanji of dust 塵, however said kanji also mean trash; garbage; rubbish; dirt; negligible amount; tiny bit, so given the context of how Rikuo is letting someone burn to death with fire and the other meanings of the kanji I believe it makes senses that he isn't saying that he will turn him in literal dust and instead that he will destroy his body.

Well since i have 2 mod approvals, zero moderation contentions (in regards to abilities, stats etc), slight contentions from normal members but more normal members and mod's agreeing with the things present on the profiles.

I believe I've reached enough approvals compared to disagrees to apply the new profile, i'll make sure to not add the layering explanation on the page, but rather create a separate blog/page which explains it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back