• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Power Mimicry

I always thought it so I am doing doing. This point of the CRT is about giving Rimuru's first key power mimicry from Predation which is usually from absorption for his first key in the web novel and light novel.

In the Web novel, he learned magic bullet:

Chapter 39 WN

A large magic bullet, split in mid air, and as if drawing a circle flew at us.
Unfortunately, it won't be passing me.
In my child form, I lift my small hand as if to grab it.
And with just that, the magic bullet is absorbed into it.
I was immediately able to analyze it. It was a simple magic manipulation skill.

With low energy cost, it's easy to change the output. Well, as long as the caster is within range.
If he went all out to fire this round, then he's no threat to me.
Let's make sure,

ÒÇîHey, did you really intend to kill me with this boring skill? To test your words, could you please show me how to die? ÒÇì

Saying that, I fired off a magic bullet.
If I wanted to, I could also split it like he had, but I see no need. Putting in more magic energy, I make it the size of a fist.
That got me thinking. The one he had fired was the size of a head, so was probably denser and more potent.
If I use the same magic theory with the fire bullet, I should be able to increase its strength even further.
How fun!

Let's not forget that the clown looks pretty tough, so he makes a great target.
And if I bore of this, I can just eat him.
I further accelerated the bullet and it made contact with the clown. And the moment it did, I released the magic energy.
Gelmudo was sent flying.

In the Light novel, he learned Icicle Lance too:

Chapter 4 LN Volume 1

Wait a sec. Water Blades don't work, because they aren't magic, I suppose. So is magic all I need?

"Elen! Hit me with an Icicle Lance! Just one's fine!"

"Hahh?! Umm, that's kind of…"

"Just do it!"

The request gave her some pause, but after a second, she began chanting. After another moment, the freeze-magic Icicle Lance was launched.

"Don't complain about this to me later! Icicle Lance!!"

As she shouted out the spell, a pillar of ice shot my way. I could probably capture that magic with my Predator skill.

And if I could—

Report. Launching unique skill "Predator." Icicle Lance Predation and Analysis successful.

Great! Just as I thought.

Really, I half doubted it while it was being explained to me, but this Predator had to be some kind of rule-breaking skill. That magic probably packed a punch, but Predator absorbed it all, leaving me undamaged, and I even learned it to boot.

"Hehh?! What happened to my magic?!"

Sorry, Elen. Can't explain.

The Analysis wrapped up in an instant, and now I could cast the spell just by thinking about it. No chanting required—that was another nice side effect of Predator.

"Icicle Lance!"

Omitting the casting time, I fired some magic off toward the salamander. Then, at that moment, I understood—the theory behind magic, and how it all worked.

Revised and from the reasons here, Rimuru would get Power Mimicry (With Gluttony) for WN and Power Mimicry (With Glutton) for LN.

10-B key
Regarding the Afters story - rimuru elegant escape, Rimuru once made a clone (technically still him from Multiple Existence/Acausality Type 3) with a 10-B Tier for espionage reason in an arc; Rimuru does retain all of his others abilities, though. So, I am proposing a new key called espionage key or some derivative it.

I think Rimuru should have have full power mimicry instead of limitied because he learned and mastered magic by only reading books. I agree with the other things mentioned

I reviewed some things the WN and LN. Rimuru does not really need to eat/absorb something but just use his Predator skill so I did fix that point in the OP..

Rimuru made a comparison of Analysis for Power Mimicry to Shuna. In the both the LN and WN novel, Rimuru stated that he needed to use Predation first while Shuna can used Analysis for Power Mimicry via eyesight alone.

WN:

Chapter 31 WN

Shuna had specialized in my Analysis Ability, and awakened to the unique skill [Analytic].
Our abilities are basically identical, with the exception that she doesn't need to eat the target. She can analyze with eyesight alone.
LN:

Chapter 2 LN Volume 2

It turned out—and I had no idea about this—that Shuna had obtained the unique skill Analysis, the same one I had been using to such great effect. Apparently, she had inherited many of the benefits I had as part of my Great Sage skill—Hasten Thought, Analyze and Assess, Cast Cancel, and All of Creation. In her case, though, her Assess skills were so advanced that she could just use Magic Sense to analyze objects, where I had to use Predator on them first.
It does looks like Power Mimicry would work with Predator so I agree it is not entirely limited like I thought. So, I think adding Power Mimicry (Via Gluttony) for WN and Power Mimicry (Via Glutton) for LN works. The reasonings Glutton and Gluttony are the evloved form of Predator, for his first key. I will make the updated in the OP.

To be honest I actually planned about starting a CRT at some point about deleting all pre-harvest festival keys alltogether. I just didn't get around to working on that yet. I mean aren't they redundant at this point? Most abilities Rimuru got early weren't even explained. It's really just an inferior, messily translated version compared to what we have in the LN.

I'd even go further and would rather remove both first Rimuru WN keys altogether. And also everyone else's pre-Harvest Festival WN key.

The thing is with removing all changing Rimuru's key is that would change all the Tier for those who scaled to him and would need just justifcation's updated assuming that we are using At least 7-C and 7-C which could take a while to update; the issue could bypassed at a point because I remembered that Celestial Pegasus did make a great point before that Tier 7-C's Attack Potency is large with with *17.5 power gap so those rated at At least 7-C should be downgraded to just 7-C.

NeoSuperior, removing everyone else's (Rimuru's subordinate ) pre-Harvest Festival WN key would just be extra works with not much benefits in my opinion because roughly everyelse get extra extra abilities or resistances which are not in their first keys akin to the Rimuru's subordinates first and second key in the LN.

I don't understand why you want to continue having two keys with the same AP for Rimuru's subordinates'. I mean that's what happens anyway. If you reduced "At least 7-C" to "7-C" then we'd have a pre-harvest festival 7-C with less hax and a post-harvest festival 7-C with more hax. I don't see the reason why we'd even need to keep the weaker one in that case.

Unlike LN where we might still get feats from spin-offs and Veldora's Journal pre-harvest festival, there is no such thing for the WN. It's very unlikely that we'll miraculously find a feat that puts the post-harvest festival keys higher than they currently are.

Been saying for a while that the characters being At least 7-C is wrong, they should just be 7-C.

That said though there is a difference in speed between the 2 keys for the characters and also abilities when it comes to Rimuru's subordinates.

Either way though don't really care much about the WN profiles so whatever you guys decide is cool with me.

Understood. I think 10-B was accepted for WN and Power Mimicry for both Rimuru was accepted so I think I will add them later.

I do agree with your points here on the keys. I also think I will ask other's inputs about the Key's changes, later

Only reason to have 10-B Rimuru is have him be a smurf and throw him against other smurfs.

Personally i dislike the idea, but if you guys wanna do it, go ahead.

To be honest, I forgot about the smurf topic but understood, CP.

Edited

An extra 10-B key does not seem necessary to me, but I am not the best person to ask.

Antvasima said:
Shouldn't he have Power Absorption instead, or have I misunderstood?
Oh, it is power mimicry here since Rimuru's here just used his abilities to copy powers without stealing them from opponents.

Antvasima said:
An extra 10-B key does not seem necessary to me, but I am not the best person to ask.
Noted. after reading reflecting on @Celestial Pegasus's points, I think the 10-B topic might need more inputs from verse supporters. I can wait for more.

I just personally think it's unnecessary cause Rimuru is a 2-B character intentionally nerfing himself so other ppl such as his subordinates aren't able to sense and find him.

It's not that he is 10-B character who just happens to have abilities that are 2-B.

But "avatar" keys for deities and such are allowed otherwise too, so why not in this case? If "sending out weaker versions of oneself" is forbidden, then all Avatar keys with lower AP should be banned immdietly.

Antvasima:

What about the At least 7-C key being downgraded to just 7-C for the reasons that I and Celstial Pegasus, are changes based on these points fine?

Also, would fusing Rimuru (Web Novel)'s first key and second key as it looks largely agree on?

Playing devil's advocate, from Celestial Pegasuus and Oblivion's recent points, their points look fair.

Understand, thx.

Is would fusing Rimuru (Web Novel)'s first key and second key as it looks largely agree because the key stated redundant?

Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel)'s second key is redundant in the story because barely any major changes occur between his first and second so its a thought that he should have those keys fused.

Okay. I suppose that is probably fine then.

I finished making the changes. I think it is alright to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back