• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we talk about what's Rimuru wincon? Cuz the only way for Ainz to win is either atomize him or use TGoALiD.

reality warping will work to

I guess slimes win cons are possession/absorption/disintermediation. Big problem is ainz is paranoid and is liable to tp out of slimes range and bombard him with spells till something sticks. This is made worse by the fact sba starts them off at ainz max range rather then slimes max range... Further how does black lightining insta kill ainz? Even if it did he can self revive once.

I meant slime could use absorption, how does his re work? Ainz can fly as well and teleport...I don't see slime closing that gap until ainz runs out of mana.

RE works via him gaining more powers, resistances, throughout a fight. What's Ainz's resistance to power null? And if he has enough time, he can.

theres a spell in yggdrasil that blocks one from casting spells and iirc he resist. Not really, he needs to get in range of ainz to use his power null, while he has flight so does ainz and speed equal slimes not going to be able to catch up to ainz, especially as he has tp. Also this version of slime doesn't appear to have powernull

In the end I really don't know how this fight goes down, its a numbers game, either slime evolves something to close the gap and devour ainz, or ainz lands on a winning combo of spells/skills before slime boy can evolve to that point.

I just checked Chloe's fight and yeah, The WN version of Rimuru didn't use power null but rather he straight resisted it. He doesn't have anti-magic area in this version so Rimuru doesn't have power null

However Rimuru can still adapt and gain resistance, abilities and skills with his RE and his perception of time is slow due to thought acceleration (he activates this when in battle) which boost his perception process by 1000x times and he can come up with many plans + short cast time when activated. So basically they are within the same speed but he will perceive Ainz as very slow due to his thinking process boosted

Even when the opponents resist info analysis, Great Sage can still give Rimuru advice like how dangerous Ainz is and give him a strategy in order to have the best outcome in battle through sheer calculations. His analytical prediction is no joke considering Great Sage predicted how the whole fight's gonna happen against the Orc Lord through sheer calculations

Rimuru can just teleported a small piece of His body and regenerate from that.

This from what i see, if Ainz cannot pull out TGoALiD or fallen down, he most likely ran out of MP, if he decided CQC he will lose, but i can see Ainz somehow teleport and Run to do some preparations, but its not like' Rimuru cant chase after him since Rimuru have flight, Clone and Magic Sense, if one of Rimuru's Clone found him then the true body can teleported to the clone's location.

The pen or the sword said:
Ainz can negate teleportation...
Thats teleportation to reach him not to ran away? Regardless Rimuru can also hide in Shadow, or ground.

Its an aoe that negs all tp (Its a spell version of the ability demi used to stop evileye telporting away dimensional lock) , ainz can see through invisibility hiding in the ground should work but slime has to do it before ainz hits him with tgoalid, black hole, or fallen down... Ainz also has invisibility and has a ring that hides him from attempts to view his magic.

Also isnt dimensional lock prevent the user to teleport too? If thats the case then Rimuru absorbs.

I don't think so, ill have to double check but Im pretty sure ainz used tp while using dimensional lock. Ainz has invisibility and his ring will protect him from sense magic, if ainz doesn't want to be found I don't think slime has the means to find him (Unless he evolves it)

Slime needs to get in range to absorb speed equal ainz can just keep flying away, they start outside slimes range and as a mage ainz will never go for cqc

No, if Dimensional lock only negate enemy teleportation then why ainz use delay teleportation against shalltear?

Didn't he use that to set a trap? Dimensional lock just blocks the tp, while with delay teleport you can set up traps/buff/prepare yourself for there arrival...

Against Shalltear it was to have her set off his air mines so she would think the whole place was rigged with them and fight him on the ground by choice.

I don't think so, ill have to double check but Im pretty sure ainz used tp while using dimensional lock. Ainz has invisibility and his ring will protect him from sense magic, if ainz doesn't want to be found I don't think slime has the means to find him (Unless he evolves it)

Slime needs to get in range to absorb speed equal ainz can just keep flying away, they start outside slimes range and as a mage ainz will never go for cqc
I mean slime can also fly and its not like' he have to stand to use gluttony
Rimuru absorbs gg

Overlord775 said:
also isn't Gluttony much less effective againt monsters comparable to Rimuru ?
Its less effective if they are fight back when absorbeb.

Yes but speed is equal and ainz out ranges, the only way for slime to get close enough to use that technique is if ainz allows him to...
Isnt you say teleportation is locked? Speed Equalized doesnt mean Rimuru cant approach him

Speed equal means slime and ainz move at the same speed, only way for slime to get in range of ainz is for ainz to let him catch up or for ainz to run out of magic. No I said ainz could lock teleportation it's not some constant effect. True but ainz only needs to hit slime with the right spell and this fight is over. Ainz pool of mana is massive I doubt he'll run out of mana before useing tgoalid or a spell that takes slime out.

I would say he Will just last for 10 minutes if he keep flying and shoot Rimuru with His magic.

....Flight spell doesn't drain mana during use to my knowledge...Also again ainz starts running low on mana he gets desperate and throws out tgoalid. He might also throw out black hole/fallen down before he gets to that point.

Its less effective if they are fight back when absorbeb.
and Ainz would fight back

So is there any magic that can prevent absorption? They fight back doesnt mean they use some kind of magic, they trying resisted the absorption, you can see the gif i send above, fight back doesnt mean throwing magic attack.

Well he could probably tp out of that but again I don't think slime ever gets the chance to use gluttony in this fight, ainz will play the range game and if he starts running low on mana he'll use his trump card tgoalid.

Rimuru still has the perception amp that I mentioned above and use that time cast Megiddo which is a Danmaku light speed attack and cannot be blocked by any magical barrier since it's physic magic or science based magic(Since it's a magnified sunlight attack).

In the LN, the range of Megiddo attack reached in 30 miles diameter but there's no mention of range in the WN. However we can lowball it to below 30 miles because Rimuru used it to against a large scale army that's outside the border

Well he could probably tp out of that but again I don't think slime ever gets the chance to use gluttony in this fight, ainz will play the range game and if he starts running low on mana he'll use his trump card tgoalid.
Play range game, but Rimuru absorbs everything he throws, and if Ainz use tp then Rimuru can also tp, if Ainz use delay teleportation, then Rimuru can use shadow motion to move throught shadow, and no, ainz cannot keep the range by flying, the fact that shalltear can reduce their range makes me Doubt.

Shalltear didn't have equalized speed, in fact it was implied she was faster then ainz due to her magic item, also considering he struggled to react to her flying through his tornado. Here speed is exactly the same due to speed equalization, neither character has any advantage/difference in speed. Heck ainz mentions one of his prefered pvp tactics was flying overhead and bombarding the enemy with spells...

Rimuru can absorb some of what he throws but what about black hole or fallen down? OR tgoalid which he'll use when he runs low on mana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back