• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roronoa Zoro vs Jack The Ripper

Dunno about Raiden's AP. It seems he gets the 7-C via scaling so if so he's baseline while at this point Zoro is High end 7-C to the point he can fight High 7-Cs in base form.

But AP doesn't matter much. HF blade lets Raiden cut through anything so both can one-shot. Raiden seems to be more versatile, and Zoro has no way to counter invisibility.

IIRC Jack is always bloodlusted so if the invisibility is in-character for this version I guess he takes this by cutting Zoro's head right off the bat. If not, Zoro manages to one-shot him with his arguably superior skill.

Since Jack starts in Ripper Mode that speed is equalized so that doesn't matter.

I need a KM to clarify that since my vote relies on a movement that may not be in-character under this circunstances.

No, what I meant is if Jack uses stealth powers while heavily bloodlusted he wins. If not, Zoro would take him down with the massive AP difference. I need evidence that Raiden is able to use invisibility as Jack the Ripper.

@Calaca

I finished MGRR and Ripper Mode Raiden is basically an insane mode of him, he likes feels pain and intense fights for example, i think he don't will use things like invisibility in this form. Watch his battle with Monsoon for reference if u want.

Thank you. Then I think I'll vote Zoro. His AP advantage is more than enough to provide a clear victory.

I mean

What's stopping Raiden slicing Zoro's sword into two cuz of HF Blades?

Zoro can attack without his swords and his physical prowess aren't that different. Even if Raiden manages to cut the three swords, Zoro would punch him. Muttoryu is a thing.

I don't really think AP difference matters as much as how they start the fight, If they both start by clashing swords Raiden's is just going to cut through Zoro's and his body in one motion due to dura negation mechanics.

Calaca Vs said:
Zoro can attack without his swords and his physical prowess aren't that different. Even if Raiden manages to cut the three swords, Zoro would punch him. Muttoryu is a thing.
If Zoro's swords can get cut by Raiden's makes his fists any different?

The only way Zoro has a clear way to win this is if he abuses range IC from the start as most close range scenarios put him in a very uncomfortable position despite the AP advantage due to the fact HF blades just ignore dura altogether.

Raiden Attacks -> Zoro Blocks -> HF blade cuts through him

Zoro Attacks -> Raiden Blocks -> HF blade cuts his sword in half leaving him open to a counter

Both Attack at the same time (swords clash)->HF blade cuts Zoro's swords and potentially also injures him off the bat.

I think Zoro wins if he sticks to ranged attacks, but he is at a clear disadvantage in most scenarios up close given that he is forced to dodge outright in order to avoid damage while Raiden keeps the ability to "block" his attacks. I don't think AP difference by itself is a good argument to give Zoro the victory here.

Starting distance is in Zoro's favour and he'd start with a ranged slash if the fight starts at such distance.

He doesn't need to stick to ranged attacks. Just with one of them he wins.

Back