• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roronoa Zoro vs Renji Abarai

Gargoyle One said:
Zoro takes this via Hakai, Pre Cog, and expierience.
Against an opponent ten times older.

Renji via better versitalty and range advantage as Zoro is costrected to get into close combat for greater damage while Renji's bankai alone has big range.

RinkakuKagune said:
Better versitility.
This vote doesn't count.

Also @WilliamShadow How does Renji have better versatility exactly? And having bigger range won't mean jack. Renji won't be spamming long range attacks because Zoro can easily dodge them using his precognition.

@Knightofannihilation666 Nope, just debating is all. At least for now.

@Gargoyle One Well, those are very poor reasons for a vote. And one sentence votes are not counted so...yeah.

Gargoyle One said:
Explain how expierience and intelligence by a margin that wide is "poor"
Intelligence with a wide margin? Really dude? Renji is not some battle genius+Einstein combined, and Zoro is also intelligent when it comes to battle.

Also experience in Bleach is useless...apparently. Ichigo can fight on par with Kenpachi, Byakuya and the rest, and even defeat them, while not having even 1/100th of their "battle experience".

IIRC that was considered PIS...

Also again, 100+ years vs 20 years is a pretty big difference if you ask anyone.

PIS? How exactly?

And considering Shinigamis only had to fight fodder Hollows for a lot of time, I don't really call that useful battle experience. It's like Zoro stomping Marines for 100+ years.

@Scarlet Renji's has kidou (not many but can use the basics ones) plus his sword is more manageable and yes the range matters because precognition in OP isn't continuous Renji's can easily make distance between the two and Zoro won't use precognition a lot because it's not a thing in op, it's limited precognition.

And just because Ichigo can fight anyone in bleach verse it doesn't mean anything cause that is simply protagonist characteristic.

And spamming range attacks? His sword is range attack so yes he spams it.

@William Kido? C'mon man, all he's ever done is the Red Canon (I think that's the name). That's one of the most basic and overused Kido attacks in the series and never gets anything done. It's a mid level Kidou, it's not gonna do much to Zoro.

Yes his precognition may be limited, but that doesn't mean it's not going to come in handy. Every time he dodges Renji's attacks he can get closer and attack at his blind spots. And I don't think it would be very wise for Renji to continuously spam ranged attacks with his sword, unless he wants Zoro to damage it continuosly and eventually cut it up. He can also defend against it with Tatsumaki.

And it's not like Zoro is without ranged attacks. He can, and will use ranged slashes to attack Renji. Yes, Renji may have better range, but precognition and the fact that speed is equalized makes it easy, at least not hard, for Zoro to dodge most of the ranged attacks.

He has the base kidou's like Rukia at example and anyway leave that aside, Zoro pretty much never uses range attack and if he does he does it one or twice in a battle while Renji's sword is range attack from the very beginning so he will have a big advantage there even if Zoro can get closer mostly cause of precognition he still gonna struggle more than Renji for that why I give Renji high difculty win.

And i end it there, since the rest is just personal diffrence in opinions between you and me and I don't see a point in discusing that.

Yes, Renji's range is an advantage, but not to the point that it gives him the win IMO. Yes, I understand that it's a matter of personal opinion and I respect that.

That said, I don't really have a clear winner in mind so just put me up for inconclusive I guess.

i vote for zoro for his inmensive endurance and his use of precognition,i think that his precognition works very good againts range attacks,Renji´s kido is a bit useless and when he use it ,normally is weak compare for people like Rukia ,he prefers to use it as last resort like a suicidal attack,but zoro pain endurance can handle it

So zoro 8/10,Renji will be harder to beat but zoro in close fight for me is better than Renji who focus in a mid-long combat

Versatility? Renji doesn't have any versatility advantage over Zoro unless you are referring to his Kido and he's only been shown using Red Canon which is essentially irrelevant here

Please give a better reason

Alright fine

If we're playing the range game the advantage goes to Renji thanks to Zabimaru being a multi ranged weapon and even if Zoro gets close can use Hihio or Zaga Teppo, both which are effectively useful at a close range (I'm not sure if he can still use Hikotsu Taiho)

Lmao you could just say Renji via willams reasoning to make things simple.

And Hikotsu Taiho would be more a disadvantage for Renji considering it requires a large amount of energy to use and I'm not sure if he's even able to use it anymore. And Zoro holds a massive a advantage if it's close up combat so that's the last thing Renji would want.

Back