• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roshi upgrade(dragon ball)

Currently Roshi is at baseline moon level for og dragon ball based off this calculation using GBE of the moon
However it should not be GBE instead it should be far above moon level at least
As you can see in the scan here

It can’t be baseline GBE as we do not see any debris from the moon in the sky at all and instead we see no trace left from the moon

So instead of it being just baseline GBE of the moon it should be far above baseline moon level as it is not visible in the sky meaning its remnants would be sent flying away at high speeds
in this calculation I used
GBE of the moon+vaporization
Which should be far above baseline moon level
Keep in mind this is extreme low ball and being reasonable since I’m sure if it was just moon GBE we would see the gases of the moon in the sky
Instead realistically since there is nothing left at sight the mass would be sent flying away at high speeds
this would affect several characters who scale to roshi

Last edited:
We should really put a muzzle on these Dragon Ball CRTs.
Disagree.
Vaporization: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was vaporised during the attack. Much like for Pulverization, we usually use this value when we see no remains of the matter that was destroyed in the attack, but in addition there has to be a considerable amount of visible vapor and/or character statements that imply vaporization, usually the latter. The value is 25700 (J/cc).
Without explicit proof of vaporization, the vaporization end cannot be used.
Pulverization: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was turned to dust. We usually use this value when we see no remains of the matter that was destroyed in the aftermath of the attack. The value is 214 (J/cc).
And nothing visually implies that the Moon was reduced to dust, just that the Moon was destroyed, especially when taking into account that being 400,000 km away from Earth means that determining the state in which the Moon is in is impossible, meaning pulverization cannot be used.

Gravitational binding energy is our only working estimate, unless a databook is released in the near future and declares that "The Kamehameha that Roshi used to return the Great Ape Goku to his normal form reduced the Moon to atoms, completely disintegrating its form!" or whatnot.

First of all, he did overcome the GBE otherwise he wouldn't have actually destroyed the moon; if he fragmented it without overcoming the GBE, the fragments would have just floating in place and just reunite overtime. Or if he vaporized it, we'd still have a gas moon but still a moon. And I think vaporizing it would have a calculation that consists of GBE + energy required to vaporize it as the latter is just a minimum for it to not be a moon anymore.

Though I do not mind a slight upgrade though, but I don't think vaporization can be truly assumed. Simply seeing a "Cloud of dust" isn't proof of vaporization as it could just be puffs of pushed air that happens to contain rock salt.

First of all, he did overcome the GBE otherwise he wouldn't have actually destroyed the moon; if he fragmented it without overcoming the GBE, the fragments would have just floating in place and just reunite overtime. Or if he vaporized it, we'd still have a gas moon but still a moon. And I think vaporizing it would have a calculation that consists of GBE + energy required to vaporize it as the latter is just a minimum for it to not be a moon anymore.

Though I do not mind a slight upgrade though, but I don't think vaporization can be truly assumed. Simply seeing a "Cloud of dust" isn't proof of vaporization as it could just be puffs of pushed air that happens to contain rock salt.
No you read it wrong
I did use GBE+vaporization
We should really put a muzzle on these Dragon Ball CRTs.
Disagree.

And nothing visually implies that the Moon was reduced to dust, just that the Moon was destroyed, especially when taking into account that being 400,000 km away from Earth means that determining the state in which the l
Disagree with this
As I already explained
If it was just GBE and no other form of destruction on top of GBE we would see the moon debris in the sky slowly moving away
Instead we see nothing so I believe another form of destruction on top of GBE is possible
As for pulverization
We would see a huge cloud of dust slowly moving away
Instead we see nothing

Disagree with this
As I already explained
If it was just GBE and no other form of destruction on top of GBE we would see the moon debris in the sky slowly moving away
Instead we see nothing so I believe another form of destruction on top of GBE is possible
As for pulverization
We would see a huge cloud of dust slowly moving away
Instead we see nothing
Because the Moon is 405,500 km away from the Earth.

For all we know, the Moon was ground into particles far too small for the human eye to detect, or the remnants of the Moon were scattered across outer space at the speed of light before the point of view returned to the skies, or Roshi's Kamehameha engulfed the Moon's surface and then crushed the entire body from the outside. The point is: there is no explicit evidence of pulverization or vaporization, doubly so given the circumstances of the distance from the point of view, which means those two ends cannot be used. This is a big "What if?".

Because the Moon is 405,500 km away from the Earth.

For all we know, the Moon was ground into particles far too small for the human eye to detect, or the remnants of the Moon were scattered across outer space at the speed of light before the point of view returned to the skies, or Roshi's Kamehameha engulfed the Moon's surface and then crushed the entire body from the outside. The point is: there is no explicit evidence of pulverization or vaporization, doubly so given the circumstances of the distance from the point of view, which means those two ends cannot be used. This is a big "What if?".
Yeah
But if it’s simple GBE baseline moon level and then turned into dust/gas then it would still be visible due to being in large quantities
And if you’re saying the remnants of the moons were scattered at high speed you’re agreeing that it should be far above just baseline GBE tier
Moon mass being scattered away before they were able to see would give results far above moon level
What I’m seeing is everything shown in that feat would be far above just baseline moon level
Baseline moon level the pieces would still be visible slowly separating from each other whether it would be gas, dust or fragments
We see nothing in the sky, the mass must have been sent away at high speeds
Edit: I get what you’re trying to say you’re giving what if scenarios on why the moon isn’t visible and there being too many scenarios to where it’s best to go by just GBE
But I think if the moon is not visible in the sky it’s clear it’s definitely far above just baseline GBE tier

Last edited:
You know what I don’t really want to go back and fourth I believe it’s mass would have been sent away at high speeds since it’s not visible from the sky yielding results astronomically above baseline moon level but it’s no one else agrees
so agree to disagree

On a side note, I wonder how high the result for this feat could possibly get before it can be considered an outlier again. Just a thought.

Hopefully at best it becomes high end moon level
It can be large planet level
I got piccolo busting the moon at 6.2e+35 J in the manga

670CA906-D680-4D0D-BA8E-72E17B499E3E.webp

Back