• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(RP) Legion Of Man - Meta Thread (2)

Your heart and soul are alligned with the stars themselves. Through a greater power beyond even destiny itself, you form a connection. You've obtained the servant Pantherlily.

(You will be able to manifest your servant for 15 seconds, unchanged even in battle mode.)

******* AWESOME Prof, a former terrorist with scientific knowledge. Wait is this Hayato Post Getter Robo Go or pre? Because if Pre then he's just a former terrorist pilot, if post Go. He's a scientist that can build Getter Machines and Getter Reactors ..

Your heart and soul are alligned with the stars themselves. Through a greater power beyond even destiny itself, you form a connection. You've obtained the servant Spike the Drago .

(You will be able to manifest your servant for 34 seconds.)

Standuser081 said:
Kek. If you were gonna give me a former Robin, you should've given me Dick. But I guess Jason is fine.
Your servant is based on your soul. Your soul was telling me you wanted Jason.

That's strange. Your soul is not alligned with anything.

You seem to be subject to some... divine intervention of some sort.

As it stands you are unable to form a bond with any servant.

You are unable to have any servant at this time.

Even your existing connection with Nail seems to have been severed.

[I will elaborate more in the story.]

heres how the team comp. seems to be currently

Support: Edwellkin and Andy (if he ever comes back at least)

Semi-Support: Yobo, Edward and Swathing

Nuke: Me and Torlikoff

Fighters: everyone one else

Hl3 or bust said:
heres how the team comp. seems to be currently
Support: Edwellkin and Andy (if he ever comes back at least)

Semi-Support: Yobo, Edward and Swathing

Nuke: Me and Torlikoff

Fighters: everyone one else
People who will break the heavens: Overlord

Well, I guess I am a fighter since all of my servant are fighters too.

Now all I need is to have Batman stomp everyone with prep time

In all honesty classic Batman is the surperior Batman out of all their future iterations.

You see I really like the Killing Joke, it was an entriguing story with an ambiguous ending as to spark a very intention shitshow of opinions regarding as to whether or not Joker is made to go commit the die. If we exclude Watchmen for obvious reasons, then in my opinion, it can be considered Alan Moore's magnum opus.

But for as much as I love this, I have the same amount of contempt for it, for, according to my knowledge considering how I only read Batman Elseworlds and Oneshots (and a few issues of the original Detective Comics), it's where the "der sad and broken psycho" Batman originated from.

When I read through Detective Comics, when the OG Batman lost his parents, he didn't go all emo and bitch about it, he didnt spend every waking moment constantly haunted by his parent's death. No, he took the experience and made something heartwrenching into a motivator, he didn't want to fight crime out of spite for his parent's killer, he wanted to become a crimefighter as to ensure that what happened to him could happen to no-one else. Classical Batman is a story of a privileged person being motivated by a loss of those he cares for, and instead of giving into his grief, he tries his damndest to become an ideal, somebody to admire as a symbol for Justice, often at the expense of himself and things he could out of enjoyment, (not to mention the Wayne Foundation if my recollection of it being a Pre-Killing Joke thing are correct).

Post-Killing Joke is just a Broken man taking out his rage on criminals, he may care about being a model to other's, but he lets his rage and grief consume him to a point in which he appears as "lol der edgy hedgy".

Ultimately, whilst you could make the argument that their core traits are fundamentally the same and that these are two different ways to commonly deal with grief, the Post-Killing Joke Batman essentially becomes less Batman than he ever was and deserves his own seperate IP to transcend the "Pre-Killing Joke" era of Batman

TLDR: Pre-Killing Joke Batman became a superhero because he didn't want anyone else to go through what he went through, he didn't bear a personal vendetta against criminals, it was solely for the ensurance that the shit he went through didn't happen to other's. Post-Killing Joke Batman succumbed to pains of grief and coped with them by beating the shit out of criminals, whereas Pre supressed it, often at the expense of critical thinking and logical decisions.

P.S. a tad bit unrelated to my main point but I feel like Batman was intended to be a motivator of sorts to the privileged saying "you have something that other's don't, use what you have to help them and make them like YOU (with regards to circumstances and general wellbeing. NOT in terms of ideology, that's wen you get christiany) which is why I like Pre-Killing Joke Batman moreso than Post. So yeah, those are my bias. Personal love of Privileged peeps helping out those of less privilege.

(And yes, i'm fully aware that during the first two Batman-involved stories, he is seen maiming and killing shit, but that is induced per the writer being influenced by pulps, Post 1942 Batman but still Pre-Killing Joke is the one im referencing, im not saying the OGest OG batman, im talking about the "more OG than any future Batman stories can ever hope to be" Batman).

Whilst he does make me laugh multiple times, I feel he is derivative of the OG, non Pre-1942 Batman (ie. essentially the same person but more goofy and wacky in terms of presentation, because unlike the "**** you were edgy now" Batman, he bears not a vendetta against the whole of criminal kind and wishes to create a society in which one shouldnt have to turn to crime to make a living, he SYMPATHIZES with their struggle, Killing Joke Batman and onwards dont do that, they are people fueling a personal vendetta in order to cope witht their grief, their grief POWERS their vigilantism, not a desire to make sure that shit happens to noone else).

Back