• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(RP) Legion Of Man - Meta Thread (2)

Nope, i was talking about post-1942 yet prekilling joke Batman, that one was powered by a desire to prevent his shit from happening to other's, not a coping mechanism done at the expense of people and a company. Im assuming All-Star Batman is post Killing Joke?

Yeah. It's sort of a prequel to The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. Also, in that comic, he made Robin eat rats and had sex with a woman while on a murderous rampage. I'm not joking. He actually did that.

I swear, Frank Miller must've been on crack while writing All-star Batman. I mean, I understand how he likes to make Batman look edgy but he just took to a whole new level with this comic.

tbh I could transcend that edgy pretty easily, just make Batman a poor paedokiller who both lost his parents and got morested in a orphanage, now he works three minimum wage jobs with shitty bosses trying to pay for both his excursions and survival. Now eventually he meets Robin and they become partners in crime, but little does batman know that he bears an attraction to him, he goes on a paedokilling rampage and almost forces himself onto robin, realizing this, he kills himself.

Also make sure Batman is portrayed as an irrepetant asshole. and BAM, a story edgier than All Star Batman guaranteed to make everyone hate you at the same time, this is like something James Gunn would shit out.

Anyway, I think reason why the original Batman kills is because in those times, Batman is driven by revenge against criminal as blames them for the death of his parents.

Actually, than could make sense a character-progressive story. Batman starts out as an edge-entwine antihero wanting to fight crime less to protect other's and more to satiate his own bloodlust against those that have wronged him and criminality as a whole (note how, per his rich upbringing, he thinks crime is committed out of an innate evil, not out of desperation to help those one cares about), but as time goes on he learns of the families bore by them and their decrepit living situations, inducing a moral dilemma. As he viewpoint is shattered, he takes time to pick up the pieces, and since he cannot in good conscience use criminals as a crutch for his grief, he needs to come to terms with it.

Ultimately resulting in growth as a person and becoming 1942 Batman, someone who helps other's and wishes to reform criminals, someone that uses what they bear to help those with decrepit living situations, he becomes the ultimate utilizer of privilege to aid those with less of it.

This is why I wish Batman's story was told in a manga format, per how manga typically bears a fixed start and end, and characters can engage in growth rather than stagnation and retcons, yanno?

Also, I like how in the Silver Age that Batman transforms from a criminal murdering vigilante to a crime fighter who's job is to outwit a number of silly villain. Ah, I've always loved the Silver Age of comics.

What they lacked in character depth and development they bore originality in creativity in ******* SPADES, if only the nonindie comic scene had some of that today...

Unfortunately, comic book characters don't progress like manga. Instead of character development, their image is changed with the arrival of a new writer.

I remember from the Simpsons about this actually, basically Bart gets his copy of Radioactive Man signed by Alan Moore, and when Bart comments about how he liked Alan Moore's run on Radioactive Man, he retorts with "Oh? So you liked it when I turned your favorite superhero into a cocaine addicted jazz critic who isn't radioactive?" I feel like that sums up both your point and Alan Moore's earlier works perfectly (*ÔëºÞë©Ôëª)

Heh. True. Another thought, I've always wondered why people think that Batman is more relatable than Superman. I mean, other than being an alien, Superman just as human as anybody. Unlike Batman who's a millionare who beats up psychos in the night.

It's because Superman is typically depicted as a pure altruist who, had they not been born in a Kryptonian body, would've never pursued superheroics. Altruism as a human being is just so unrelatable to most people, they only people that would relate to him are altruists and since so few of them exist (per altruism being evolutionary nonadvantageous for those capable of reproduction, not to mention how most die in helping other's).

visibly flawed assholes are far more relatable to people, as much as one is willing to deny such, it's kinda the case...

I remember where Batman once commented that although Superman is not a human, he probably the most "human" person he's ever met.

well I mean in the biological sense absolutely not, but since that's the most objective out of all the most possible meanings for "Human", we really have no idea of what he means since, unless it be something objective, anything can be anything and nothing is hardcoded.

Although I think what he meant was most morally "correct" and most willing to risk himself for other's (even though morality is subjective AF).

Possibly, but it still be derivative of human. Actually I just realized how racist calling an alien "human" would be, it's like colorism but on a scale of bipedal to nonbipedal.

SwathingDegenera777 said:
Possibly, but it still be derivative of human. Actually I just realized how racist calling an alien "human" would be, it's like colorism but on a scale of bipedal to nonbipedal.
Would you say that i'm racist if i called you a Dolphin ?

Yeah but deeming morally decent nonhumans alien paints as if aliens are inherently amoral. Like that one shitty racist grandma that calls all the minoritiy people she likes "the good ones".

See the parallel?

Also hope your work experience as of your latest statement goes optimally with minimal bitchy customers mandating special treatment! So yeah, hope things go well prof

I wrote out this really long and unintentionally r/iamverysmart like post, but then my friend pointed out I sounded like a dipshit, wasnt intent but I rectified it.

Tldr of the old post, dont wanna be genetalish but wen next chap? my pal was particularly on edge, and I hope to ease them by asking this question.

if you mean Torlikoff and the one nonvsbattle friend of mine that keeps calling the RP gay, yeah. If you DONT mean anybody that isnt Torlikoff, then no.

What are you saying your Demonbane level of Destruction(the one that looks like its gonna be downgraded)

Are they muscular? if not, immediately incinerate, that is the motto by which I live by, with regards to waifus anyway, seriously there is a CRIPPLING lack of muscular waifus...

Back