• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should usually permanently ban outright vandals.

Yes, and we are better off without editors that are only here to cause damage.

I'll start this one off by quoting myself from an earlier thread.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
It's still just 7 votes, actually. Gothika47 seems to have abruptly shown up on the wiki for the express purpose of FRA voting in this thread (along with one other) and then disappearing immediately, with no history of time spent on any other wiki. If that isn't a sock of someone, then I don't know what is.
Contribution history plus the fact that the person has done nothing on this or any wiki before or after their contributions, as well as the fact that the person in question used "for reasons above" as an argument in both threads they commented on. (As any regular can tell you, the last bit is a sign that someone has spent some time in our forums already)

I don't know who the account belongs to, but it's definitely a sockpuppet of someone.

Hmm. Definitively seems odd. But it is perfectly reasonable that he may have been merely lurking, knows how we work, and now chooses to comment. I think seeing what he does in the future may be the better course of action than throwing out an immediate ban.

Also isn't there a better way to determine who is a sock? The old Wiki showed users by their IPs, is there a way to find out who is who by that? Sorry if this sounds dumb, I am not even close to a programmer.

I wouldn't know about whether or not we'd be able to dig up an IP on anyone. I figured that was something only the FANDOM main staff would be capable of.

These particular hints are things I've picked up on before with other users, and all of those times, they turned out to be alt accounts. But I'm open to seeing what happens before any actions are taken. I could be wrong this time around.

Personally I'd prefer seeing what he does in the future. If we continues to contribute, I am OK with it. If he exclusively backs up neck-and-neck arguments with FRA, then I think we may have an issue. If he doesn't post again, problem solved.

If we started to find all of our members by their IP addresses it would be a serious breach of personal privacy. The Fandom staff would definitely not like that.

Antvasima said:
If we started to find all of our members by their IP addresses it would be a serious breach of personal privacy. The Fandom staff would definitely not like that.
^ This.

Well, Fandom/Wikia is also a work in progress. The staff gradually lives and learns what is and isn't appropriate just like the rest of us.

I'm not seeing anything rude there. Him disagreeing with you isn't grounds for a rule violation report.

I just did. Nothing that warrants a warning.

Also, why did you link a post where he says nothing wrong if the rude comment was hidden somewhere in the thread?

I also find it funny that you say he is wanking when you're going against the profiles in the same thread.

It's worth noting the guy apologized if he sounded rude, so whatever it was certainly wasn't intentional

Yeah I'm with Kep here. The guy wasn't even that rude, and certainly does not deserve a punishment or even a warning.

I suppose that we should move on to more important issues then.

In case anybody missed it, given recent events, I added the following note at the bottom of the first post:

It is against the Fandom rules to upload any offensive images to the wiki, so in order to show screencapture evidence of extremely bad behaviour, you must use external sites, such as Gyazo or Imgur, in order to not get in trouble yourself from the higher-ups:

https://gyazo.com/

https://imgur.com/

Sorry for my incredulity, but more evidence is needed the way i see it. What is the proof the user Snaky Snake is Juggerton? People used to accuse me of being a G+ user who constantly bashed our wiki, but hearsay isn't proof of anything.

Using the same argument does not necessarily make him a sock, either.

Kepekley23 said:
Sorry for my incredulity, but more evidence is needed the way i see it. What is the proof the user Snaky Snake is Juggerton? People used to accuse me of being a G+ user who constantly bashed our wiki, but hearsay isn't proof of anything.

Using the same argument does not necessarily make him a sock, either.
1. Juggerton's masthead literally lists "Snaky Snake" as his name.

2. That particular argument gets used by a certain group. It's the exact same argument word for word with the same "evidence".

Even if he isn't a sock he's likely related to the same group. I wouldn't ban him, but still keeping an eye on him would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back