• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to give MettatonFabulous a warning as well.

Also, don't forget Gg125, Lorenzo, and Rapid.

I did not check him up, but if other staff members want to give him a warning as well, feel free.

I agree with Antvasima.

For the past few days, the boards have been unbelievably toxic and hard to stay in. Administrators, Discussion Moderators and other staff members behave like children and continue to perpetuate extremely hypocritical and insulting stuff. This goes even for myself.

My depression and personal problems are reawakening, and it's hardly helped by this toxic enviroment I've found myself in for the last few days. I suddenly find myself partaking in the same behavior, and losing my ability to keep my bipolarity and depression in check.

People need to chill the hell out. I saw a few administrators saying they felt like retiring due to this. One content moderator seems to somewhat share this feeling, too.

I'm not much better myself, and only two to three people seem to actually care about it at all. The rest like to pretend they have done nothing wrong, and are always right.

People "fight", get back together as friends, and two days later you'll see them fighting again. This holds especially true to the staff members, since we're the most active members of the community. This type of thing was always present, but it's been getting progressively worse since the past week.

I am likely overreacting, but these are my sincere feelings about this subject. If it doesn't get better, mistakes will be made. We should make an actual effort to stop fighting and acting like hypocritical manchildren. You'll see staff members telling other staff members off, only to do the exact same thing they were scolding 'em for later. And this is bad; it will be always present, but it's getting worse.

It's a wiki that determines how strong certain chars are, fights are inevitable lol. fanboys won't like a char not being where they think they should be, and some downplayers want a character to be weaker than what it shown lol. There is nothing that can be done really. that's just my 2 cents, I also feel like some cases should be more lenient when it comes to members, and not getting in trouble for disagreeing a lot.

I agree with Kepekley. The staff all have to make an effort to be as polite, friendly, and professional towards each other as possible to help create a good work environment, and preferably get rid of tensions elsewhere.

Please remember that our efforts are extremely appreciated by the general public of over 738000 people and constantly growing in popularity.

Even if things like the recent incident of somebody that attacked myself, Kepekley23, Reppuzan, and ProfessorKukui4Life can seem dispiriting, the people behaving like this are a very small minority within a very small minority of vocal jealous detractors. I have made an effort to put the incident behind me and move forward over the last few days. It does not affect my wiki work, or the integrity of our community.

As do I. What Ant said to a incredibly big T.

I may have suggestions to help decrease this issue, but this isn't the thread to talk about it. If given the chance and on my mind, i'll make a thread about it or PM a staff member to talk about it with other staff.

Assaltwaffle said:
Lorenzo has been condescending to Kepeley in this thread, ignoring any explanation given for why he wasn't getting what he wanted, and then he took it to my wall where he continued to be condescending and disrespectful.

This is not the first time he has engaged in such behaviors, and he has been warned about this before.

so yet another case of a mod not going to the thread to even see what was happening. why don't u go over there first, get a look at the convo, then tell me what u think again please? cuz im getting tired of hearing the same thing over and over. assalt doenst even know what I was trying to say in that thread, since I tried explaining it to him personally, and I prefer than u ask kep about this, since he was the one I was talking to, and supposedly being condescending to, so I think it would be better to have his judgment on this rather than anybody else's.

I have now checked up the two threads, and you were being rather obnoxious, argumentative, and constantly used crude language in combination. You need to be considerably more respectful towards our staff, and follow their instructions.

Since it seems like Lorenzo has repeatedly behaved like this, ignored previous warnings, and had received a 3 month block for similar behaviour, I have blocked him again, this time for 6 months.

Pfff.

Come on, this isnt new. Not only dobe has greed against us in other things, this is too convenient.

Just like the Roy vs Ike thing, people attempt to shut accounts down when arguments are not going their way.

In this case, the Yugioh threads.

I am not a sock, and thats the end of it. Can people seriously just accuse people of being socks and leave unpunished? Thats bad management.

Uh... you do realize you're saying this to a staff member who has little to do with this and another who had supported you in the beginning right?

I highly disagree with assuming they are socks. People come and go all the time, and as strange as that may be to regular members, people often only casually come here on occasion. I've seen people come and comment for one YGO revision or comment once about Fossil Fighters. Its not unheard of for this to happen.

In a ten minute period? While having the same interests?

Also, Charger apparently is going to other threads like the invulnerability discussion to agree with kukui, while he states that the opposition is wanking. And now on to the thread I was on.

I'd also like to say that Yugioh as a whole kind of always results in this no matter who is involved, and the ban hammer shouldn't be brought out over something bound to occur.

So

They've been agreeing with each other on YGO and FE, all appearing at similar times, leaving at similar times and for similar lengths of time, not to mention the shared Roy fanboyism

Wow, must be some coincidence

Im going to point out right now, Charger agreeing with me on these posts have absolutely nothing to do with me in any way. Ive spent most of this time making my counter argument in the YGO thread.

Just wanted to clarify this incase people thought Charger was some alternate sock of mine.

Yeah just... quiet.

Its possible that Mega and Rapid had something to do, but with everything that just happened, and the fact that they've debated up to later times...

@Prof I think at this point it is obvious that Charger only came to "ruin the argument's appearence" He even went on the Invulnerability thread to agree with you and call everyone wankers, despite the fact that it had nothing to do with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back