• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Mm, you can go back through the thread if you'd like.

This was simply a short but spiteful jab at each other which simply calls for a slap on the wrist imo.

After a short conversation with Impress on Discord, I'm pulling back a tad on Breakdown's warning since his comment was not terribly severe. Just a small slap on the wrist to remind him to practice a little more tact with his statements.

Smashor's warning will remain as is, however.

Um

No crt
I gave him a warning yesterday:

Tho... hm, I can't tell if they have seen the warning, as they are still making changes to KH's profiles.
I gave her a 3 months block. Even if she seemed clueless, she made several significant changes without a CRT, and ignored a warning.

we got a problem.

the culprit who edited the pages.

Me and Abstractions reverted his edits. I also blocked him for 2 months and gave him a warning instruction message.

I am not sure if he is malicious or just clueless, so I blocked him for 3 months, but can increase the duration if others here think that I was too lenient. I also rolled back all of his edits and gave him a warning instruction message.

I am reporting ShadowWhoWalks for this section of his latest post in a DOOM revision thread for trying to say a power he's "adding" to the profile should just be accepted because it was accepted in this thread, while deliberately leaving out the fact that it was overturned in a later thread, and he even debated the topic with me in another thread. He's well aware of what he's trying to do here, and this is also after this topic has been discussed many times with him being there, so I'd like a warning for that + him never dropping the topic despite not bringing up new evidence for his point.

He also brought up old arguments from previous threads and just refers to them as "unaddressed", effectively stonewalling as they were very much so addressed in the previous threads. This has become genuinely frustrating, as it's already been debated in the past a few times and he is deliberately trying to mislead people into agreeing with him by bringing up where it was previously accepted but not bringing up where it was overturned.

Thank you for helping out. I gave the page creator an instruction message.

StrymUltra and others have been lying to you about Sean for a while now.

StrymUltra's first incident was on May 11th when he claimed Sean was derailing his thread. Assuming this wasn’t the work of one of those Sean clones everyone made in response to his heavy presence in the Pokemon vs Digimon Death Battle comment section to say that was really him, all he did was list everything wrong with the evidence. Yes, it did start a fight, but all he did to do so was list everything he believed to be wrong with the upgrade. Furthermore, Sean himself has stated that derailing was not his intention, rather to mainly list what he believed to be wrong, with the mention of derailing being a quip about how he affects people whether he wants it or not (admittedly he did take enjoyment from it but people can be amused by something they didn’t intend to happen). This is reflected in the actual screenshots; “...I’m not trolling or anything, things just derail.

Furthermore, it is rather ironic that StrymUltra claimed Sean to be biased against him when he himself sent Sean these messages, including a claim that he removed some of Sean’s calcs from the verse page with zero reasoning behind it or any counter in the comments of the blog posts. This is the revision where such removal occurred.

Further down, ProfessorKukui4Life states that Sean openly insulted SamanPatou. While that is true, what he didn’t mention was that Sean was under the assumption that Saman had deleted his Pokemon Physiology page because only he personally disagreed with it, and he apologized when he found out there was in fact reasoning behind it. Again, this was after 2 whole discussions on only Pokemon Physiology stuff over the course of more than a year (December 4th 2020 to April 8th 2021), so no wonder he was mad when he thought it was deleted for nothing.

Even if Sean just said it aggravated, it literally should not matter as VSBW rules state that offsite behavior is irrelevant unless they destabilize the site by creating drama (which he didn’t do, the screenshot did more damage than anything Sean said), threaten someone (which he didn’t do), harass someone (which he didn’t do, Saman is not even in the Pokemon Scan Server), engage in criminal activity (which he REALLY didn’t do), or impersonated someone (again, didn’t do).

Strym’s second incident was on November 18th, which features StrymUltra’s attempt to get Sean banned for life.

First off, this is a direct result of the age-old concept of trying to get a rise out of someone, screenshotting the results, and cropping out the context to make them look bad. Not sure why Strym is just now reporting him for something that happened 5 months prior, but in this scenario put yourself in Sean’s shoes. He had just basically been stabbed in the back by some of the only people he considered to be fellow debaters, who then teased him all day for what Strym did. No wonder he was mad. I’m sure a lot of debaters with full rights here would say something like that if they were banned overnight by the people he thought were his friends. Also the little “K*ll yourself” comment seemed to be more dismissive of what Ryandbeast was saying (the guy who initially stabbed him in the back by sending the screenshots to StrymUltra) than an example of Sean’s personality.

Next up, the claim that Sean said StrymUltra manipulates information. Not only is that not true based on the screenshot, he said he wanks Pokemon, but is that even false? It’s no secret that Sean was heavily against 2-A Pokemon (and was even working on a debunk at the time Strym made sure he was permabanned). Even if you could say this is an Appeal to Motive, Appeal to Motives aren’t rule breaks on this wiki.

Next, the claim that Sean said Executor_N0 shouldn’t be allowed in the Pokemon Scan Server for being a Digimon fan. That, too, is not at all supported by the screenshots. Forgive me, but I don’t exactly see why the act of asking why a Digimon debater who is primarily known for debating Digimon is in the Pokemon Scan Server is such a terrible offense. And yes Sean hates Digimon, does that mean we should like him less as a person?

After that, StyrmUltra’s next claim is that Sean was going to get rid of 2-A Pokemon and report Strym with screenshots. And this, I wholeheartedly agree with. Sean was, as I mentioned above, working on a 2-A debunk CRT. Furthermore, I was never in the Pokemon Scan Server so Sean did in fact send me the screenshots where Strym admitted to deleting his calcs for no reason (though I don’t know if there’s more). But here’s the thing. Planning to post content revision threads and reporting users are both things that average people do daily on VS Battles Wiki and neither are remotely bad things.

Hoo boy… the last one. I find it laughable that ProfessorKukui4Life says that Sean trying to get StrymUltra banned with out of context screenshots isn’t acceptable, only for him to turn around and support StrymUltra doing that exact same thing to Sean. Twice. Furthermore, this may be rather controversial but if the purpose of a server is to promote a blatant falsehood, then it shouldn’t exist. If Sean actually did have sufficient reasoning to remove Pokemon’s 2-A rating without any sort of deception (I’ve been around Sean on Discord a lot, he doesn’t lie about evidence) then we should let him.

And here’s the kicker. Sean never claimed that his Strym report would be false. I don’t know who first brought up Sean being intent on murder or suicide either because it has nothing to do with the reports or their screenshots.

And lastly, StrymUltra’s claim that Sean’s Pokemon Physiology profile was debunked… or something. There were a couple heated discussions here and there on his discussion threads, but that’s about it. It was only removed from the site because Saman wanted people to discuss it more (although any more changes could have been done via CRT, but I digress).

I’m not saying Sean is an amazing person. He frequently butts heads with other debaters, especially Pokemon debaters, and a lot of them even call what he does with Pokemon and it’s debating scene unhealthy for him or even “scary”... for some reason. Others claim he’s never changed in the past year, but that’s not true, because he’s met me, and I feel blessed to be his friend. He is not someone who deserves to be banned.

As someone who has witnessed some of this Pokémon related drama, I honestly think this is just unnecessarily reopening old wounds that were best left in the past plus considering the time of year and the overall global environment IRL this kind of historical report will take a lot of time to process while certain users may not be as active these days to defend themselves or speak up.

Sure, I met Sean in person before and was at his house when this account was made.
Also using a sock (or proxy) as a means of undoing a ban instead of contacting staff on another forum is pretty poor practice imo (extraordinary circumstances non-withstanding). Having the same IP addresss as Sean pretty much puts little (if any) validity in this imo.

I won't comment any further on this report since I'm not staff however I rather not see another repeat performance of the Pokémon drama regardlessly who's right or wrong since unnecessary conflict of interest often leads to nowhere...

My purpose wasn't to reopen old wounds just for the purpose of doing so, I just think a permaban is not at all justified considering the ridiculous evidence that put him there.
The evidence doesn't really matter, even if someone is ridiculously sorry and put a lot of effort into reshaping, sockpuppeting to dodge a bad is indeed ban-extension worthy even to indefinite.

Back