• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does these types of things all the time. I have probably been too lenient on him in the past, with deleting offensive posts rather than reporting him, due to being too tired to deal with it at the time, but there are limits to what we can put up with.

The fact of the matter Ant, is that he thinks he won't be punished for his actions. His last post clearly shows that. The quickest way to nip the problem is to give him a ban and then when he comes back, watch his posts closely.

Just my opinion.

Probably, yes. Would a year-long ban be appropriate?

I mean I was just thinking a month... but if you think a year is a more suitable punishment, go for it.

Really depends on how long his last ban was, if he had one.

The real cal howard said:
Let's discuss this more first. I don't advocate a ban.
I don't think bans should be the first solution either... but if he's had one before... and he still goes on like this... they a ban may be the only thing to do. There isn't much that can be done aside from that.

I mean a strongly worded warning can only do so much.

Can we hold off on the ban if it's being disputed? I will talk to him later and hopefully, try to get him to mild down his offensive language.

He got banned for Fandom being Fandom the first time, in the same vein as Kep. Likely more justified in his case but still.

Sadistic Sleuth said:
I support 1 year
First of all... super awesome name. Sounds like an edge lord hero lol.

I have no personal opinion of length. It just has to be, at the very least, one month or longer.

GojiBoyForever said:
Can we hold off on the ban if it's being disputed? I will talk to him later and hopefully, try to get him to mild down his offensive language.
It's not really being disputed. More the legnth of the ban.

Kep just paraphrased a rule-violator, but was banned anyway. I have repeatedly seen Violet say similar things just to be offensive, but I made the mistake of not immediately properly dealing with them, and have rather just deleted the posts. There are limits though.

The real cal howard said:
He got banned for Fandom being Fandom the first time, in the same vein as Kep. Likely more justified in his case but still.
Okay, that's just the n-word though. Spreading toxicity at levels comparable to if not greater than a certain group of people from last year is not justified by any means.

Sera is correct. I think that we cannot be too lenient for these types of situations, regardless if we have interacted with the members in question on Discord or otherwise.

As I've said Ant. Violet thinks he can't be touched because he's been doing this stuff on other sites. He knows verywell that what he is doing is agains the rules and has seen to 'protect' himself. His earlier comment cleary shows this.

There is only one solution.

Antvasima said:
You have said similar or worse things within the wiki on several occasions. If you do not stop to try being offensive, we will very much have to ban you. Your behaviour within the wiki is unacceptable, and there are limits to what kind of malicious comments that we tolerate even outside of the wiki. You are probably our current worst behaving regular member. Take your bad behaviour seriously, or you will be removed.
Worse? Idk about worse. I CAN be worse, but I choose not to. Since I still hold some respect for y'all. Trust me. A few bad words isn't enough to label me as toxic. But I can dial it down

Why should we take special consideration for the by far most toxic current member in the wiki, just because he gets along with various members here in Discord chats? This seems like a clear-cut case.

We should preferably ban both him and the ZaStando sockpuppet (as I noticed that the original account had been banned from this wiki).

I am uncertain what to do about ShadowWarrior.

Void can be toxic, sometimes extremely so, but are we seriously considering a year-long ban?

If this is his first major alterication, and I put heavy emphasis on major because I know he says things to provoke others, what the hell is warranting a year? If he's done stuff that could get him reported yet he never was, that's all just gonna fall down on him now? Because he said some idiotically offensive stuff?

And no, I'm not taking what he said lightly. Not one bit, because I often found myself annoyed with him. But can't you see people are trying to start a problem?

VioletVoid100 said:
Worse? Idk about worse. I CAN be worse, but I choose not to. Since I still hold some respect for y'all. Trust me. A few bad words isn't enough to label me as toxic. But I can dial it down
I suppose that you could get a final chance then, but then you permanently have to behave in a normal manner that is similar to most other members in this wiki, and also dial down your language in any chat rooms connected to it.

The latter also goes for ShadowWarrior btw.

Why should we take special consideration for the by far most toxic current member in the wiki, just because he gets along with various members here in Discord chats?

I second this query.

"the by far most toxic current member in the wiki"

Idk about that. Isn't that kinda an over exaggeration over me venting in some discord servers and saying 1 or 2 slurs? You want to give me a warning, which is the first warning I've ever got since nobody warned me until now, and now you want me banned? This isn't right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back