• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano4444

He/Him
fate_stay_night___saber_artoria_pendragon_render_by_xelectromanx10_ddcj7j2-fullview.png
dehur83-8e416f67-e856-4393-9d90-d316c8361afe.png

Rin's Servant Saber and Beginning of Timeskip Luffy.

Speed Equalized and Gear 4th its restricted.

Saber: 0 ()

Monkey D. Luffy: 8 (Ryuga21, Popted2, Mageman460,Veloxt1r0kore, Loyd, Kazuma_kuwabara, SnookB,FantaRin_The_First)

Inconclusive: 0 ()

Last edited:
that's a match i would never saw it coming

now, luffy is gonna be upgraded, would that be relevant to the match?

I'd assume Haki can bypass Servant Invul. If not, then Luffy can't really hurt Saber.

Saber scales above the 26.6 Gigatons. And even more above with Mana Burst. She also has Excalibur at Low 6-B to pull out. Excalibur scales above 2.9 Teratons.

Luffy scales to 6.63 in Base, 19.9 in Gear 2nd, and 59.7 Gigatons in Gear 3rd. His durability is scaled to Jinbe who is equal to Gear 2nd Luffy. Although his Durability is High 6-C with Haki.

Saber takes AP until Luffy pulls out Gear 3rd. Her AP is also greater than Luffy's Dura unless he uses Haki. Luffy doesn't have precog in this key, while Saber does. So after the first few attacks, her Instinct will start to let her Precog Luffy's attack.

Saber's sword is Invisible, I don't know if Observation Haki lets him bypass that though. I know he can see living people, (which Servants technically aren't). Servants also have resistance to Mind Reading, which is what Intermediate Haki seems to be. (Relevant question for OP supporters, but would Observation Haki work on the undead like Zombies? Because Servants aren't alive.)

I don't think Luffy ever covers his whole body in Haki at this point? At least not until Gear 4th. Saber's Instinct will lead her to striking points he isn't covering in Haki after a few clashes.

Here's how I see the fight going Saber and Luffy start the fight with sword play and punches respectively. Luffy realizes he's outmatched and goes for Gear 2nd. Saber at this point is pretty used to Luffy's unique fighting style and her Instinct now works on the Gomu Gomu fruit. Despite Luffy's amped AP, Saber still outclasses Luffy. Luffy goes for Gear 3rd (which doesn't boost his Dura). He likely gets one or two good hits in, but Saber's Instinct outmatches him. With Mana Burst and Instinct Saber lands a fatal blow. If Luffy consistently blocks her attacks with Haki, Saber will activate her Trump Card and just vaporize Luffy.

Saber takes AP until Luffy pulls out Gear 3rd. Her AP is also greater than Luffy's Dura unless he uses Haki. Luffy doesn't have precog in this key, while Saber does. So after the first few attacks, her Instinct will start to let her Precog Luffy's attack.
But he does have Precognition via Haki, other that Analytical Prediction.

(Relevant question for OP supporters, but would Observation Haki work on the undead like Zombies? Because Servants aren't alive.)
Observation Haki isn't limited to just living begins, he should be more than capable to react to her attacks.

I thought only the Advanced users like Katakuri had the seeing into the future?
Advanced users can see into the future yes, but the ability to predict/see attacks in advance its something that Observable Haki users can do in general.

Can you show an example of Observation Haki working on non living things?
Luffy's Haki worked fine against a sniper's bullet, same with an arrow.

In the special Heart of Gold, Straw Hats's OH users could also detect a ship that was approaching the Sunny.

Overall it doesn't seen to me that Haki only work with living begins.

I was more so referring to actively seeing the future when I said Precog. Saber's Instinct flat out tells her what's about to happen and acts as recog. Luffy's is more so just Analytical Prediction iirc.

This is more so seeing the person's intent. It's also post Katakuri fight so he has Advanced version and Future Sight.

I mean a ship means there are people on it. But also how canon is this special?

Overall it doesn't seen to me that Haki only work with living begins.
Observation Haki works by hearing the voice of living creatures. Servants can also just resist Mind Reading, so Observation Haki shouldn't work.

Observation Haki works by hearing the voice of living creatures. Servants can also just resist Mind Reading, so Observation Haki shouldn't work.
The voices rappresent the life force of the characters, its has nothing to do with their minds.

They sense the mind, intent and or emotion to know what they will do in the future... It's not just them hearing their minds/thoughts

It's literally on the Haki page.

From the Haki page
"There are three main uses for Kenbunshoku Haki. One is reading the opponent's mind, or more specifically a surface version of it, allowing a user to sense their next move."
In One Piece if you are dead then your Voice is gone.

Probably not sticking around for debating, but-

It's literally on the Haki page.

From the Haki page
"There are three main uses for Kenbunshoku Haki. One is reading the opponent's mind, or more specifically a surface version of it, allowing a user to sense their next move."
Kenbunshoku is layered to a ridiculous degree.
Analytical predicton.
Mind reading
intent reading
emotion sensing
Emotion reading based precognition
Prediction based precognition
Danger sense based precognition
Precognition via the "voice" (which is the spirit/soul in One Piece)

Mind reading is literally just one single aspect of Kenbun, and that's only the basic kind.

Also how come Saber's Low 6B isn't locked yet Luffy's Gear 4 is?

Also how come Saber's Low 6B isn't locked yet Luffy's Gear 4 is?
Because i thought that Gear 4th would make this match a stomp, while Excalibur grant a large AP advantage its still something that Luffy can work around.

But its the advantage its too big, i could decide to restrict it as well for the same of balance.

I think Excalibur is a problem, but Luffy would have danger sense, precog and telepathy to anticipate it immobilizing Saber before she can execute the attack (He can use the raw advantage in LS or simply an attack in G2 to stop her). Btw, if Luffy starts at base here he can just go to Gears when he starts to suffer by the AP gap; he would have more speed with the 2nd and more AP with the 3rd, and best of all, Luffy can combine both Gears and overwhelm Saber in both aspects simultaneously.

I think Excalibur is a problem, but Luffy would have danger sense, precog and telepathy to anticipate it immobilizing Saber before she can execute the attack (He can use the raw advantage in LS or simply an attack in G2 to stop her). Btw, if Luffy starts at base here he can just go to Gears when he starts to suffer by the AP gap; he would have more speed with the 2nd and more AP with the 3rd, and best of all, Luffy can combine both Gears and overwhelm Saber in both aspects simultaneously.
Saber also has an all around big amp with Mana Burst. It amps Dura, Speed, and AP. I'm not saying it will let her overwhelm Gear 3rd, but it should let her still keep up with Gear 2nd, especially with her Precog.

Wait... Forgot luffy had gears... Gear 2nd completely blitzes people that are equal or superior to luffy's base speed, even to those that uses precog meaning completely blitzing the body movement

I see, but does Mana Burst increase her speed in all aspects or is it just for locomotion as her profile seem to indicate? But even so, Luffy still has many other advantages that make me vote for him - he increases the power of his blows with each stretch and can abuse this to apply even more powerful blows; Luffy has massive advantage in Stamina and recovery in combat, he has RPL, rage power, far better range, skill, and such. As much as Saber is an experienced warrior, I don't remember if she ever faced opponents with a way of fighting as eccentric as Luffy, it would be extremely difficult for her to keep up with him, even starting at the advantage. So, I believe she would be defeated by prolonging the fight in the face of all the versatility Luffy has to counter her exhaustively.

G2 scales to 19.9 gigatons, but with Jet Gatling gun it scales to 119.2 gigatons. Higher with Busoshoku. Gear 2's barrage attacks and Gear 3 are getting dangerously close to one-shot territory.
Grizzly Magnum is obliterating her if it hits, and considering he can combine G2 and G3-- yeah. Luffy's got a ridiculous striking advantage, greater precognition, borderline speed blitzing..
Artoria's chances of winning this are thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back