• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saiyans' Immunity to Extinction Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku: Kid, Manga, DBS Anime, Chou
Vegeta: Manga, DBS Anime, Chou
Nappa, Raditz, Bardock (Canon), Tarble, Broly(canon). Goten, Gohan,
Gogeta (Super), Vegito, Trunks (adult and kid), Gotenks, and Pan
Unfortunately we don't have Bardock's profile for the continuation of canon, I don't see half physiology would make that likely. I'll be aiming for Pan then. But, what about Merged Zamasu?

Death of the author

artworks-kHMR0G2fywqsgUsj-Dps0Ng-t500x500.jpg
Dont see how this is DOTA
Because they were part of it as well?

Statement made in context of the main continuity

Not the same boat
were they in the op? If it was I must’ve missed it

burden of proof? It was referring to saiyans in general

Then why are we discussing the frost demons And Moro etc?
Because they are of the main continuity.

If you saying now is "the OP is talking about sayians, but now we aplying to Moro and Freeza" that don't exactly is a response for Omega.
There is legitimately no reason this shouldn’t apply to toeiverse considering toriyamas statement
It does, since the galactic Patrol don't exist on the Toei continuity so we can aply to them.
but if we’re not gonna talk about toeiverse then there should be a crt entirely focusing on the frost demons and Moro and etc.
Kinda unscessary, we already talked about this, there's no need.

I'm cool with every half Saiyan but Pan get a full. But she would definitely be a "likely"
Yeah, Pan shouldn't have gotten that at full rating. Considering he's the result of a Half-Saiyan mating with a Human it seems likely that human physiology will predominate. However, do we have a Pan (canon) profile?

Because they are of the main continuity.

If you saying now is "the OP is talking about sayians, but now we aplying to Moro and Freeza" that don't exactly is a response for Omega.

It does, since the galactic Patrol don't exist on the Toei continuity so we can aply to them.

Kinda unscessary, we already talked about this, there's no need.
Okay that’s fine but if they’re being discussed due to being from the manga toei should be discussed for being saiyans simple as that

It’s a prequel to db and there is nothing that implies that they don’t exist

Okay again that’s fine but this should extend to saiyans in general is what is I’m saying the only arguments I’ve seen are questioning toriyamas authority over the toeiverse

For non full saiyans I could see an At Most rating if that even works for Hax but I think likely could work fine

The entire context of the conversation, he was talking about the originsl continuity/his work
It was a v jump interview which included stuff like Dragon Quest as well for his answers

also the question was

What was the Galactic Patrol doing when Raditz and then Vegeta were attacking Earth?
Even though they’re called the Galactic Patrol, they only stand a chance against Saiyans when they’re children, and the Extinction Bomb doesn’t work on them. Naturally, they have no choice but to “turn a blind eye” to people like Freeza.

This was toriyamas response to it its in the context of saiyans in general

Doesn't this imply that the virus only affects certain species? (I don't know if this has already been answered)
Which he once accidentally activated on an unknown planet and was reprimanded by his superiors, indicating that its use is not to be taken lightly by the Galactic Patrol due to its ability to wipe out entire species
According to Akira Toriyama, the Extinction Bomb while effective against species like Humans, it does not work against Saiyans.
"Even though they are called the Galactic Patrol" which by implication they have a biological weapon to maintain galactic peace if they feel they have to work harder. Actually I don't want to go into this over and over again because it's all in the OP.

It was a v jump interview which included stuff like Dragon Quest as well for his answers

also the question was

What was the Galactic Patrol doing when Raditz and then Vegeta were attacking Earth?
Even though they’re called the Galactic Patrol, they only stand a chance against Saiyans when they’re children, and the Extinction Bomb doesn’t work on them. Naturally, they have no choice but to “turn a blind eye” to people like Freeza.

No, it was in context to the current continuity, the galactic patrol was not a thing in toei days, the virus bomb much less, there is 0 reason for that to be talking about the toei continuity when the entire context is using characters and concepts that only appeared in the main continuity

No, it was in context to the current continuity, the galactic patrol was not a thing in toei days, the virus bomb much less, there is 0 reason for that to be talking about the toei continuity when the entire context is using characters and concepts that only appeared in the main continuity
It was referring to saiyans in general and the galactic patrol technically didn’t even exist back in the mangas day the galactic patrol is useable theyre just not shown as it’s a prequel made after BoG movie and yes theres a lot of reason for it to be talking about both continuities when its referring to saiyans in general if he explicitly stated this was only referring to the original dbz manga or sum like that I could see your point but no he didnt

Also in the same interview he mentions dragon quest as well
What is the counterargument now? That Minus is non-canon?
I dont think anyones arguing that

It was referring to saiyans in general
you know that repeating the same thing again is not a good argument right? Explain further

and the galactic patrol technically didn’t even exist back in the mangas day the galactic patrol is useable
they didn't exist but they were retroactively included by dbs and db minus, same thing can't be said for toei continuity tho

theyre just not shown as it’s a prequel made after BoG movie and yes theres a lot of reason for it to be talking about both continuities when its referring to saiyans in general
it is talking about the situation of the saiyans and the galacti patrol in the main continuity and not in general in all the franchise

if he explicitly stated this was only referring to the original dbz manga or sum like that I could see your point but no he didnt
When the conversation is about concepts and situations in the main continuity, then yeah, it is about the main continuity until you prove otherwise, since nothing indicates that it is talking about the entire franchise including the toei anime continuity

Also in the same interview he mentions dragon quest as well
what does that have to do with anything?

They are not Canon to the Toei, and don't exist in that continuity, so in the main timeline they don't interfere because they can't do anything against them
In the Toei timeline, they don't interfere because they don't exist there.

But we can just apply to the main timeline, since he is referring to Just that.

you know that repeating the same thing again is not a good argument right? Explain further

they didn't exist but they were retroactively included by dbs and db minus, same thing can't be said for toei continuity tho

it is talking about the situation of the saiyans and the galacti patrol in the main continuity and not in general in all the franchise

When the conversation is about concepts and situations in the main continuity, then yeah, it is about the main continuity until you prove otherwise, since nothing indicates that it is talking about the entire franchise including the toei anime continuity

what does that have to do with anything?
I’m saying it should apply to all continuities because it’s what Toriyama is referring to he doesn’t give us a specific continuity he just tells us why nobody was there to stop the saiyans on earth which also happened in both

wdym by they didn’t exist? They technically didn’t exist when the manga aired too as it was made in 2014 but since the prequel was made we go with what Toriyama‘s explanation is and wdym they were included by db minus its a prequel so that’s obvious

Again I’m asking what proves that as it’s referring to saiyans in general

it’s literally a v jump interview none of what you just said here but the questions do answer things relating to Jaco though

You said that he can only refer to the main continuity of db and not anything else but dragon quest is also mentioned in the interview so toeiverse being included makes sense as well
They are not Canon to the Toei, and don't exist in that continuity, so in the main timeline they don't interfere because they can't do anything against them
In the Toei timeline, they don't interfere because they don't exist there.

But we can just apply to the main timeline, since he is referring to Just that.
They don’t interfere because of what Toriyama said they have no way of defeating them and the extinction bomb doesn’t work this logic works for Toeiverse too

Proof? He literally just says this about saiyans in general I don’t wanna sound like I’m repeating myself but Toriyama never says anything remotely similar to that

They don’t interfere because of what Toriyama said they have no way of defeating them and the extinction bomb doesn’t work this logic works for Toeiverse too
It does not, because they are not Canon to Toei.
Proof? He literally just says this about saiyans in general I don’t wanna sound like I’m repeating myself but Toriyama never says anything remotely similar to that
He was asked about the time Patrol, a organization that don't exist on the Toei timeline, about why they don't fight the sayian that invade earth.

Your assumption that the statement refers to all saiyans of all the continuity, and my assumption that he just talking about the main timeline can both be correct. But since the GP don't exist there, i don'tv think they should get something that don't work exist in they timeline.

I’m saying it should apply to all continuities because it’s what Toriyama is referring to he doesn’t give us a specific continuity he just tells us why nobody was there to stop the saiyans on earth which also happened in both
he was asked in the context of dbs as the questioner talks about dbs/minus only concepts, the galactic patrol is not a thing in toei at all

wdym by they didn’t exist?
did akira created them after or before that time? this is what i mean

They technically didn’t exist when the manga aired too
that is what i said yes

as it was made in 2014 but since the prequel was made we go with what Toriyama‘s explanation is and wdym they were included by db minus its a prequel so that’s obvious
you are just repeating everything i just said

i am asking for you to prove this, since it is a question regarding super/minus only material

it’s literally a v jump interview none of what you just said here but the questions do answer things relating to Jaco though
i was talking about the question in question yes

you said that he can only refer to the main continuity of db
when did i said that? i said that he was talking about the main continuity in that question, the other questions don't matter here

and not anything else but dragon quest is also mentioned in the interview so toeiverse being included makes sense as well
non sequitur, one proves to with the other

unless you can prove that the galactic patrol exists in toei

It does not, because they are not Canon to Toei.

He was asked about the time Patrol, a organization that don't exist on the Toei timeline, about why they don't fight the sayian that invade earth.

Your assumption that the statement refers to all saiyans of all the continuity, and my assumption that he just talking about the main timeline can both be correct. But since the GP don't exist there, i don'tv think they should get something that don't work exist in they timeline.

he was asked in the context of dbs as the questioner talks about dbs/minus only concepts, the galactic patrol is not a thing in toei at all

did akira created them after or before that time? this is what i mean

that is what i said yes

you are just repeating everything i just said

i am asking for you to prove this, since it is a question regarding super/minus only material

i was talking about the question in question yes

when did i said that? i said that he was talking about the main continuity in that question, the other questions don't matter here

non sequitur, one proves to with the other

unless you can prove that the galactic patrol exists in toei

wdym by they didn’t exist? They technically didn’t exist when the manga aired too as it was made in 2014 but since the prequel was made we go with what Toriyama‘s explanation is and wdym they were included by db minus its a prequel so that’s obvious

You said that he can only refer to the main continuity of db and not anything else but dragon quest is also mentioned in the interview so toeiverse being included makes sense as well

This is literally just a repeat of what I already addressed but I don’t see anymore point of discussing this without going in circles

but I’m gonna just summarize by saying Galactic Patrol is a prequel to DB in general that happens before even OG db the Z anime and manga are adaptations of OG db and dbs manga is an adaptation of Z Manga and the Dbs anime is also supposedly an adaptation of the DBZ manga which was my point

but I’m gonna just summarize by saying Galactic Patrol is a prequel to DB in general that happens before even OG db the Z anime and manga are adaptations of OG db and dbs manga is an adaptation of Z Manga and the Dbs anime is also supposedly an adaptation of the DBZ manga which was my point
Firstly, the Galactic Patrol, even as of 2023, is a concept yet to be integrated into TV anime canon. Nothing ever officially integrates the Galactic Patrol into the TV anime canon, nor has anything ever officially challenged Bardock - The Father of Goku in the continuity.

Secondly, "You can read all about Bulma and Son Goku's search for the Balls in the Dragon Ball graphic novels!", and "Jaco the Galactic Patrolman revealed a bit about what happened before the Dragon Ball series began. Now let us go back in time... Akira Toriyama has written a special story about Goku's departure, which even he did not know about until now!" explicitly place Jaco the Galactic Patrolman (and, consequently, Dragon Ball Minus) firmly in the continuity of the original manga and its derivatives. The TV anime is not a derivative of the original manga, the TV anime is an adaptation of the original manga's story that has yet to deviate from its archaic origins. Retroactive additions or revisions to the lore and the continuity of the original manga have absolutely zero bearing on the continuity of the TV anime.

Last edited:
Firstly, the Galactic Patrol, even as of 2023, is a concept yet to be integrated into TV anime canon. Nothing ever officially integrates the Galactic Patrol into the TV anime canon, nor has anything ever officially challenged Bardock - The Father of Goku in the continuity.

Secondly, "You can read all about Bulma and Son Goku's search for the Balls in the Dragon Ball graphic novels!", and "Jaco the Galactic Patrolman revealed a bit about what happened before the Dragon Ball series began. Now let us go back in time... Akira Toriyama has written a special story about Goku's departure, which even he did not know about until now!" explicitly place Jaco the Galactic Patrolman (and, consequently, Dragon Ball Minus) firmly in the continuity of the original manga and its derivatives. The TV anime is not a derivative of the original manga, the TV anime is an adaptation of the original manga's story that has yet to deviate from its archaic origins. Retroactive additions or revisions to the lore and the continuity of the original manga have absolutely zero bearing on the continuity of the TV anime.
Wasn’t the father of goku stuff already debunked by Ssj Gemini?

<Literally said he thought that's how it happened and that's why he had him appear in the manga in the first place
001EBE4D-6CC0-4FBB-A6F8-9E94B1AC4568.jpg

IMG_9907.png

And the visuals do contradict Broly, in the manga panel as well Bardock has the headband with Torah's blood on it, something that he only acquired mid story during events in the Special that never happened or could fit into the Broly movie's timeline.

Your scan didn’t work also are you saying that the Z Anime doesn’t follow the original db manga but is just an adaptation of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back