• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You're misunderstanding the nature of Madness Type 3. It does not manipulate the soul or mind. Type 2 would be Madness via mental attacks, manipulating the mind to cause insanity, and can be resisted by resisting mind manipulation.
"Madness Manipulation is the ability to affect the sanity of other beings, usually in a manner that causes them to become insane."

Whether it's biological manipulation, mind manipulation, or just their own existence doesn't matter. No one talks about the type of madness hax. Just as you don’t go to mad who doesn't have a mind, you don’t go to mad whose mind you can't interact with. Of course, anything is possible in fiction, if a character is shown to be able to mad inanimate or mindless beings with the madness hax, then this case is different, but as far as I can tell from your reactions, that is not the case in here.

You're just not taking in what I'm saying, I suppose.

It does not matter how many layers of mind hax resistance one has, nor how impossible-to-interact-with their mind may be. Madness Type 3 does NOT function by attacking the mind. It is a side-effect of the victim being unable to experience or comprehend the extreme existence before them, driving them insane.

The only way to resist Madness Type 3 is to have feats of doing so, to be capable of experiencing the extreme nature of the madness user, or themselves be a similarly extreme existence.

You repeat the same things without responding to what I say. So I'm waiting for someone to give an example or logical explanation of the wiki's approach to this issue.

Also, I still don't think Satella can affect Shuna. Shuna hasn't direct resistance to Madness Type 3 but Satella cannot affect her mind or soul. Shuna's body is nothing more than a physical shell. If Satella cannot affect even trees, plants and stones that haven't mental activity, she cannot affect Shuna.
Madness type 3 is still based on perception. Inanimate objects don't possess perception, so they can't be affected (Inherently, at least). Shuna does have perception. Clear difference there. Madness is a side effect that happens when someone perceives something with Type 3 madness inducement. It doesn't require one to directly interact with the mind or soul.
Shuna's information analysis and power mimicry is fundamental information level... Additionally, since Tensura characters can interfere with the nature of other characters with magic.

Magic, Reality Warping and Law Manipulation (Magic is an idea projected into Reality and used to turn imagination into Reality and influence the laws of the world)
The fundamental information level doesn't matter if the power nullification hasn't shown to nullify physiological/inherent traits. Nullifying the madness inducement of the miasma would be the equivalent of nullifying something like a human's scent, or nullifying someone's ability to hear.

They can interfere with the laws of nature, you mean? Well, I don't even know how that's considered law manipulation, considering that all magic already kinda does that (Magic is literally doing things that interfere and bypass the laws of physics), but anyway...

That's not the same thing as what I'm saying.
Whether it's biological manipulation, mind manipulation, or just their own existence doesn't matter.
This is incorrect. Madness Manipulation Type 3 requires a specific resistance, since it involves affecting things purely via perception/cognition, rather than directly influencing the body or mind. This is inherently separate from Types 1 and 2, which both merely involve an extension of biological/mind manipulation.

No one talks about the type of madness hax.
Plenty of people do.

Last edited:
Plenty of people do.
I'm talking about myself.
The fundamental information level doesn't matter if the power nullification hasn't shown to nullify physiological/inherent traits. Nullifying the madness inducement of the miasma would be the equivalent of nullifying something like a human's scent, or nullifying someone's ability to hear.
Okay, she can't do that.
Madness type 3 is still based on perception. Inanimate objects don't possess perception, so they can't be affected (Inherently, at least). Shuna does have perception. Clear difference there. Madness is a side effect that happens when someone perceives something with Type 3 madness inducement. It doesn't require one to directly interact with the mind or soul.
Shuna's perception is intertwined with her mind and astral body. All her memories, emotions and thoughts are present as fundamental information in her astral body. But that probably won't help, right?

Back