• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP is horribly, horribly wanked on this wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCP has the most Tier 0s on this wiki. This is a horrible example of turbowank based on esoteric statements, NLFs, and a lot of "Babby's First X." This is one thing, but to disregard characters who have superior feats is just insulting.
For example, 6820 and 6488. Rewriting reality is something that does not make you an automatic tier 0. There are reality warpers who have far superior feats than just "Remove something from the human consciousness."
The constant mentions of "Narrative" are absolute bull as well. Hell, Molecule Man once stated that he could rewrite narrative. Does that make him tier 0 in your book?
The same goes for Twin Peaks, also.

Yes, of course, maybe you are right i hope. But you are not proving that the verse is not Tier 0 with this thread

Yes, of course, maybe you are right i hope. But you are not proving that the verse is not Tier 0 with this thread
My big problem is that verses that do similar things aren't listed as tier 0. SCP has become a powerwank fest made by self-inserters and it needs to stop.
The point that I'm making is that characters who are ranked lower on this wiki have done equal or greater things and yet SCP remains tier 0

Yes, rewriting reality does not make you tier 0, however, the context behind that makes it so that rewriting reality on that level is tier 0, 6820 rewrites an entire tier 0 structure (The Patashere/IHP's Proposal) so it gets tier 0, same with LOTUS
The collective human consciousness, otherwise known as the Noosphere, is High 1-A, so that is what makes manipulating it and wiping something from human consciousness is, therefore, a High 1-A feat as you are affecting the entirety of a high 1-A structure
And narratives and meta aspects are an omnipresent facet of the SCP cosmology as it currently stands, so the mentions of it are because it is a significant aspect of the verse, not just for ***** and giggles, and it so happens that true Narratives in SCP are tier 0, so the comparison with Molecule Man is false
See what I said above about Twin Peaks when it comes to specific terms and cosmological structures having an in-verse context that lets them reach that tier
It seems as though you have not read the information relating to the cosmologies, so please do so as the context behind them is what allows them to reach tier 0, and if you have an issue with it being so, make a CRT to challenge the evidence provided or upgrade those other verses you think deserve to be tier 0, otherwise, please stop with these false comparisons.

It appears that god tiers of SCP are not that impressive by itself, but due to extended canon everything in the cosmology starts to stack on top of itself. Like, obviously by definition 001 proposals were never intended to be combined, but the were combined, and now we have both Swann's and Pickman's in a tier 0.

Etc, etc, extended canon is bullshit.

It appears that god tiers of SCP are not that impressive by itself, but due to extended canon everything in the cosmology starts to stack on top of itself. Like, obviously by definition 001 proposals were never intended to be combined, but the were combined, and now we have both Swann's and Pickman's in a tier 0.

Etc, etc, extended canon is bullshit.
So quite literally headcanon

On a serious note, SCP does raise some interesting questions. I mean, it is a single verse having more than half of our tier 0s. I was thinking for a while that vsbattles needs to broaden a bit the upper tiering system.

Yes, rewriting reality does not make you tier 0, however, the context behind that makes it so that rewriting reality on that level is tier 0, 6820 rewrites an entire tier 0 structure (The Patashere/IHP's Proposal) so it gets tier 0, same with LOTUS
The collective human consciousness, otherwise known as the Noosphere, is High 1-A, so that is what makes manipulating it and wiping something from human consciousness is, therefore, a High 1-A feat as you are affecting the entirety of a high 1-A structure
And narratives and meta aspects are an omnipresent facet of the SCP cosmology as it currently stands, so the mentions of it are because it is a significant aspect of the verse, not just for ***** and giggles, and it so happens that true Narratives in SCP are tier 0, so the comparison with Molecule Man is false
See what I said above about Twin Peaks when it comes to specific terms and cosmological structures having an in-verse context that lets them reach that tier
It seems as though you have not read the information relating to the cosmologies, so please do so as the context behind them is what allows them to reach tier 0, and if you have an issue with it being so, make a CRT to challenge the evidence provided or upgrade those other verses you think deserve to be tier 0, otherwise, please stop with these false comparisons.
And that's not even getting into blatant plagiarism. Like how they literally ripped off Grant Morrison's Overvoid.

On a serious note, SCP does raise some interesting questions. I mean, it is a single verse having more than half of our tier 0s. I was thinking for a while that vsbattles needs to broaden a bit the upper tiering system.
No, because tier 0 isn't something wholly special, it is just another tier in the tiering system, and if we make another tier above it, then a logical argument can be made for making another tier above that, and so on forever, there is no need for a higher cap, especially when most of the SCP tier 0s wouldn't even reach a theoretical tier that would be above tier 0.

If udl ever got off his lazy ass and decided to create more profiles we would likely have more tier 0s for WoD too

No, because tier 0 isn't something wholly special, it is just another tier in the tiering system, and if we make another tier above it, then a logical argument can be made for making another tier above that, and so on forever, there is no need for a higher cap, especially when most of the SCP tier 0s wouldn't even reach a theoretical tier that would be above tier 0.

If udl ever got off his lazy ass and decided to create more profiles we would likely have more tier 0s for WoD too
Yeah, yeah, not wholly special my ass. It is the only tier with no upper limit. broadening it up a bit with harder boundaries only fair. Especially considering the whole recent year's escalation in fiction, with all these sci-fi, fantasy, weird asian cosmic tales...

Besides tiers by itself serve as an approximation of character's power level. And this approximation varies in this one tier from 1 to a 100. Come on.

And that's not even getting into blatant plagiarism. Like how they literally ripped off Grant Morrison's Overvoid.
They literally namedrop Grant
The amount of fictional series that name drops other series or writers is immense, that is not an excuse to just throw something out.
Example: Fate having several authors appear and be mentioned such as Lovecraft.

Also being a rip off is not a reason to remove a character either there's like 20 Superman rip offs on this wiki, we'd have to remove like 2/3rds of Marvel and like 1/4th of DC if we had to get rid of "ripoff characters".

Yeah, yeah, not wholly special my ass. It is the only tier with no upper limit. broadening it up a bit with harder boundaries only fair. Especially considering the whole recent year's escalation in fiction, with all these sci-fi, fantasy, weird asian cosmic tales...

Besides tiers by itself serve as an approximation of character's power level. And this approximation varies in this one tier from 1 to a 100. Come on.
There has to be a tier that has "no upper limit" though. That's how a tiering system works. There is no need to treat it as anything more special than that. And wanting to change the entire tier because some verses managed to get more of them is a bit silly. Especially since Tier 0 still only has less than half the amount of characters that High 1-A has, which itself doesn't even have 1/3rd the amount of characters that 1-A does. Wanting to make Tier 0 even more exclusive at this point is definitively giving it unneeded special treatment.

Regardless this isn't the point of the thread and OP has failed to provide anything substantial.

It is in the same way that 11-C is special, you can go infinitely low and beyond into 11-C, but that doesn't mean we have to split up or add tiers below 11-C now, and the escalation I assume you are talking about is Self Reference Engine, which came out in 2013, and is just Mathematicians being Mathematicians, in the same manner, that Rudy Rucker (The person behind The White Light), Stephen Baxter (The person behind Xeelee sequence and Manifold) and Ian Stewart (The person behind The Science of Discworld and Flatterland (Where the Mathiverse is from)) are just Mathematicians being Mathematicians who write fiction.

By itself there's nothing wrong with having something with no upper limit. However, when we have things ranging from lowest alephs to borderline absolute infinity is truly a problem. It is by itself exclusive because it doesn't have subtiers, despite it needing them more than some other.

And yeah, mathimaticians are mathimaticians, duh. I have 2-3 books bookmarked, and all are non-native language. Kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back