• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Separate Key for Black Vortex users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Black Vortex was created by the Celestial Godhead.

Apparently it give you multiversal powers or close to it. Gamora was the first person to get its power. Shown for Kitty Pride, who had it for a while. The Black Vortex showing Storm power with it showed her flying around a large planet and destroying that planet and all of the other around it.

Here is Kitty with it

Here is Storm shown with that power

Gamora would have a key too, but she does not have a profile on here expect for her movie counterpart.

Well Storm was about to be the first person to have the Black Vortex. The Black Vortex showed everyone how she was look and how powerful she was be amped with cosmic powers. Storm deemed it evil and stated they must destory it. Gamora went first and had it the entire time. Then came along Angel and other, who got corrupt by it's power. Kitty was the last one and she was not correct instead she used her power to fix things.

The black vortex event was horribly written, and is not important enough to be featured here.

Also, destroying a planet is nowhere near multiversal power.

It is still an unimportant footnote story, and I do not think that we should feature Mutant X either.

I mean the Avenger vs X-men was horribly written too. I mean the writers were doing my boy Thor wrong, but Emma, Scott and so on have the phoenix on their profile.

The Black Vortex is one of the most powerful items in marvel. It gives you power as stated comparable to the phoenix force.

The power is above planet level. If you look at the scans with Kitty on them, you will see she is above. She used her powers for good.

The Black Vortex showed how powerful Storm would be with it. All she did was fly around the planet like the phoenix and it explode.

At least consider or think about putting it on Kitty page.

(Storm too since most of the users don't even have a page on here)

@Ant

I know it's probably not your intent, but I'd rather you not bring up the story's quality for a reason to not use it. This wiki is unbiased and should not dictate what to include based on the work's quality, especially given the subjectivity of quality.

Of course, if it's such a minor story then I agree with not featuring it.

The Vortex enhanced different characters to vastly different degrees. No matter how much you like Storm, we are not going too give her a 2-B rating or higher for blowing up a planet.

Gamora and Angel retained their enhanced abilities afterwards, and they were not particularly impressive.

Okay, but Storm would still likely only get a 5-A rating at best with this enhancement.

Antvasima said:
The Vortex enhanced different characters to vastly different degrees. No matter how much you like Storm, we are not going too give her a 2-B rating or higher for blowing up a planet.
Gamora and Angel retained their enhanced abilities afterwards, and they were not particularly impressive.
I was not debating for Storm to be tier 2 more like Kitty, but Storm should be at least tier 4 or 3 with it as it was stated the black vortex turns you into a cosmic entity. It kept getting compared to Phoenix. They were even scared of what would happen if young jean got a hold to it. It being stated that it's power was one of the most dangerous things in the universe. Even Thanos wanted it.

@Ant I love Storm but if I really did not her limits, I would create threads like Storm vs beyonder like most Storm trolls do.

Also Kitty had the power to transcend the multiverse and still destroy a large planet only. Storm should be 3-A at max.

http://***************.to/Comic/Gua...X-Men-The-Black-Vortex-Omega/Full?id=88629#15

Even Beast stated he had the power of the Cosmos.

Also it was stated that they would go back to their original state. They might of kept the form but not the power or just pis

Looking into Gamora still had her cosmic powers in Contest of Champions, which is a mobile game. In the comics she did not have the cosmic power, but kept the same attire,

Angel did not keep his cosmic powers. He quickly went back to his normal power level as Kitty did.

Antvasima said:
I would like to ask though... With this can Kitty get an key with the Cosmic power up which seems enormous?

Storm using the with the black vortex should be tier 4 or 3. It was stated to make anyone a cosmic entity. It boost your powers to cosmic level. I'm pretty sure that 5-A is not cosmic level. Heck Dark Phoenix one shotted a planet, but its not tier 5. Boosting storm already tier 5 to cosmic level does not make any sense if we put her at tier 5-A.

cosmic only means beyond the scope of earth. It is too general to clarify otherwise.

Then Kitty should be upgrade to high 2-A then. They were all given power on a cosmic level. Also here what cosmic means

relating to the universe or cosmos, especially as distinct from the earth.

Here are

synonyms

vast, huge, immense, enormous, massive, colossal,

prodigious, immeasurable, incalculable,

unfathomable, fathomless, measureless,

infinite, limitless, boundless

"an epic of cosmic dimensions"

I do not think 5-A is a huge cosmic powerful upgrade stated to be comparable to the Phoenix when Storm herself has 5-B feats. (Maybe 4-B in base if the mods look at the Jean Grey thread)

careful, while the definitions of synonyms remain the same concept, synonyms do not define exact measurements of that specific concept.

But this site defines Cosmic as Galaxy level...

where specifically does the 4-B tier come from?

So she should be tier 3 while Kitty, who did more with her power is high 2-A.

Well it's debated if Base Jean without the phoenix is 4-B. Storm and Sue have shown to equal her in power and perform similar feats, but they are not 4-B. Also Kome and I are hoping the modes scale the women from Gambit, since they are more powerful than him and its not even close.

She should at least be 4-B (give the fact the phoenix 5 are that level) to 3-C as stated the black vortex power increases cosmically increased to phoenix level. There were several statements that said it was galaxy to universal level. Kittly being an exception since she took full control of her power.

Beast stated it gave him the power of the Cosmos, so near universal or universal for each user, while Kitty gets a high 2-A.

We are not upgrading any character to such a ridiculous degree without very good concrete proof.

As I mentioned earlier, the upgrades of most characters, such as Angel and Gamora, were comparatively marginal, so comparisons with the Phoenix are massive hyperbole, or the writers not knowing what they were talking about, and Storm will not go past 5-A based on her planet feat, and even that would need a calculation. End of discussion.

Also, as far as I remember, the Black Vortex was just a trinket created by a Celestial to test civilisations, so we would need very good explicit evidence of Kitty possessing multiversal power for any such upgrades.

It seems considerably more likely that she simply gained an advanced form of cosmic awareness. An unknown tier is probably more reliable if you are pushing for including this.

I am just saying that we need scans with proof to evaluate first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back