• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Several Tekken upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promestein said:
Before you do anything, just list the intended changes to tiering and speed and such, and for which characters, listing it in such a convoluted way doesn't help anyone.
I have edited post with suggestions.

I'll try to make my post as compressed as possible as to not confuse people.

"Jinpachi Mishima without being amped by devil has holded part of mountain for 20 years."

There is no reason to believe he was holding the whole mountain, video itself shows he was holding a big stone/statue, even so this is only an endurance and liftingh strenght feat, not a DC one

"Even Gun Jack can block explosion that destroyed entire forest and extended over mountain range"

We have no way to gauge the size of the mountain range, much less any reason to believe the explosion even reached that far to begin with so you can't say the explosion covered said distance, if anything this looks like a baseline 7-B (city level) feat rather than a 7-A (mountain level) as the mountains didn't seem to recieve noticeable damage in the aftermath

Besides, you need to calculate the actual DC of the feat to begin with, you can't go around assuming the yield of the attack is enough to warrant the ratings.

"Gun Jack can react to blast that came from satellite to ground in a second "

You're forgetting the beam comes from orbit, and unless we see him actually moving, or reacting to the attack when it is 1m away from him we can't scale the beam speed directly to his reactions.

"1. Reaction speed has both a distance and a timeframe component, so all calculations that are completed for reaction speed cannot simply be a timeframe by itself. Do not randomly assume a 1 meter distance for each timeframe and use that speed for the reaction speed."

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Reactions

As for scaling in-universe is up to anyone, but bear in mind the gaps in tiers so don't assume that just because 1 character can stomp another it automatically means he is of a higher tier.

I think all the high tiers should scale to heihachi "mountain level " having survived a mountain explosion and stayed under the ground for weeks "possibly months" without dying

This scale to :Jin - Kazuya - lars

Lars was holding back against Elsa PLUS he fought and defeated Jin right after so Elsa doesn't scale to this she scale to Jack 5

I think that AguilaR101 seems to make sense.

AguilaR101 said:
I'll try to make my post as compressed as possible as to not confuse people.
"Jinpachi Mishima without being amped by devil has holded part of mountain for 20 years."

There is no reason to believe he was holding the whole mountain, video itself shows he was holding a big stone/statue, even so this is only an endurance and liftingh strenght feat, not a DC one

"Even Gun Jack can block explosion that destroyed entire forest and extended over mountain range"

We have no way to gauge the size of the mountain range, much less any reason to believe the explosion even reached that far to begin with so you can't say the explosion covered said distance, if anything this looks like a baseline 7-B (city level) feat rather than a 7-A (mountain level) as the mountains didn't seem to recieve noticeable damage in the aftermath

Besides, you need to calculate the actual DC of the feat to begin with, you can't go around assuming the yield of the attack is enough to warrant the ratings.

"Gun Jack can react to blast that came from satellite to ground in a second "

You're forgetting the beam comes from orbit, and unless we see him actually moving, or reacting to the attack when it is 1m away from him we can't scale the beam speed directly to his reactions.

"1. Reaction speed has both a distance and a timeframe component, so all calculations that are completed for reaction speed cannot simply be a timeframe by itself. Do not randomly assume a 1 meter distance for each timeframe and use that speed for the reaction speed."

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Reactions

As for scaling in-universe is up to anyone, but bear in mind the gaps in tiers so don't assume that just because 1 character can stomp another it automatically means he is of a higher tier.
1.You even quoted part where it was said "part of the mountain"

I never claimed it to be DC feat, it is stamina one.

2. You can see mountain range over picture and explosion covering everything (and whole forest)

But once again, if you payed attention to whole post, I didn't scale from that, but from Heihachi's feat in Tekken 5 aswell as Jinpachi's various statements. I never claimed for Gun Jack's feat to be mountain level.

3. You see Gun Jack looking at front of himself. How the heck could he react to beam any sooner than when it came to his field of vision? He didn't put barriers just for lolz.

I literally put people half of tier below someone we scale of if he just fought them.

Anyway, you completly misunderstood point 1 and 2, you can see at end of post my reasons for everything.

Okay so I read the OP by Man from Shadow and... I am facepalming so hard I don't even know where to begin on just how wrong he is. Using non-canon storyline feats for starters... on top of that not understanding that lifewiping was never achieved also Universal for Devil Jin? Did any of you guys even bother to read his post?

Mandrakk The Dark Monitor said:
Okay so I read the OP by Man from Shadow and... I am facepalming so hard I don't even know where to begin on just how wrong he is. Using non-canon storyline feats for starters... on top of that not understanding that lifewiping was never achieved also Universal for Devil Jin? Did any of you guys even bother to read his post?
Except hypersonic feat which I edited out, I didn't use anything non canon.

Life wiping was said atleast 3 times.

Possible because of Azazel's statement. Instead of saying it is stupid, please try to debunk it.

Anything else?

Man from Shadow said:
Mandrakk The Dark Monitor said:
Except hypersonic feat which I edited out, I didn't use anything non canon.

Life wiping was said atleast 3 times.

Possible because of Azazel's statement. Instead of saying it is stupid, please try to debunk it.

Anything else?
Uh yes you did... storyline endings from characters that aren't the main ones and don't align with them are considered non-canon because they NEVER HAPPENED. Fighting games are obviously designed to have a story and ending when you are doing a playthrough cause it is mandatory.

But DOES NOT IMPLY that they actually happened in the actual story. Xiaoyu did not defeat Heihachi in Tekken 3, did not win an amusement park and did not beat him up after it turned out to be Heihachi Land.

So what if Jinpachi and Azazel were stated that they were lifewiping (which is NOT THE SAME as planetary), it never happened. They were stopped and defeated so these statements hold no ground whatsoever. These endings were implied only if they were not stopped which they were so oops, sorry. Also wrong in regards to Jinpachi being a Devil, he was possessed by an angry demon which turned him into what he was. The only Devil Gene holders are: Kazumi, Kazuya and Jin.

No it is not... that statement holds no water and proves absolutely nothing. Also that statement could have meant MANY other things and not what you said. It also could have been a hyperbole or exaggeration. Please look into the rules before attempting to change and make profiles cause it is obvious you are not following them.

Also Steve tier 2 and Paul tier 3? WHAT? Steve was about to be assasinated by Nina due to a gunshot. The fact that Hwoarang is currently "his rival" means nothing, it doesn't mean he's actually as strong as Hwoarang or it could just mean that Hwoarang was given the step down as cast aside as a joke the same way Paul was who ACTUALLY rivaled Kazuya in Tekken 1, defeated Ogre in Tekken 3 and stalemated Bryan in Tekken 5. Look at him now, he's rivals with a bear, A BEAR. Paul is much more powerful than Steve, hell... even Nina is stronger than Steve and would kill him if they fought due to her skills, speed and fighting style.

Like I said... SO MUCH wrong with what you said.

Antvasima said:
@Mandrakk So, should I close this thread, or is there anything worthwhile to consider here?
Yes, close it. There should be another discussion regarding Tekken upgrades, but not here... this is all convoluted and cannot continue without me doing a long post responding to all others. All others statements were just following along with what OP had said which were the wrong foundations altogether. Please close this, thanks. This became chaotic with the mention of many unrelated things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back