• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Theuser789 said:
also Mewtwo can't read Shadow's mind, Shadow resists that
Miracle Eye. Also, like I pointed out above, Mewtwo connecting with every mind on the planet connects him with mon who have mind hax resistance as well.
What does it do?

In terms of cqc, Shadow's probably better, but it doesn't really matter. Mewtwo's got the range in cqc via the psychic spoon. And I understand that Shadow likes his time stop. Definitely one of his favorite abilities. But he uses it only so well. His normal tactics to defeating a foe, like kicking them in the head, won't work here. Mewtwo'd catch on really quick and stop the Control by the time he says Chaos. I'm unsure if Shadow can use it or not without saying it but it's shown that he prefers to get it out. It takes a simple power null to stop Shadow from using Chaos Control for the rest of the match.

To say more, Shadow would probably win if he ended this within the first ten seconds with a time stop + something like decapitation. The thing is, that's unlikely to happen. And a battle of attrition here doesn't benefit Shadow.

In my opinion, I think it really depends on who hits first. I think if Shadow leads with time manipulation he could one-shot but if Mewtwo leads with mind manipulation then he can one-shot. I vote inconclusive.

Chaos Control takes two or three seconds and Shadow has beatten a foe as strong has him in one time-stop, Mewtwo doesn't even know what Chaos Control is

Shadow has range with Chaos Spear

Shadow has used Chaos Control without saying anything in SA2 before

Wisps give Shadow a far more viable wincon with VV and II, though I'm unsure if he'd be able to use them in time stop as Wisps'd get frozen in time too, but I don't think that's enough as it's still ooc for him to use them. Also with precog and telekinesis Mewtwo can just take them for himself or mindscrew them into turning on Shadow.

Looks at the opponent while using the move.

Mewtwo wouldn't get a good line of sight via teleporting spam and time hax

It's not a line of sight thing, iirc.

The wisps just make Shadow winning easier, as show in Team Sonic Racing he uses them in character, and the wisps are stored in hammerspace so Mewtwo won't even know that they are alien creatures that he can mind hax

I will like to note that Shadow uses Chaos Control to completely beat down his opponents so it's very likely Shadow would beat down Mewtwo which then would cause Mewtwo to use recover and heal which in turn Shaodw would realize his beating meant nothing which caused him to time stop again and this time finish the job by killing him.In Shadow the Hedeghog he does spam time stop frequently when available which in this case he likely would

The real cal howard said:
Looks at the opponent while using the move.
Mewtwo wouldn't get a good line of sight via teleporting spam and time hax
It's not a line of sight thing, iirc.

Mewtwo would only use that when he realizes that mind haxing won't work, which is something that Mewtwo doesn't use in character at the start of the battle

Shadow used Chaos Control to kick Silver in the head once as opposed to an all out beatdown. Also keep in mind that Mewtwo regenerated when he was already dead. As a fetus no less.

Oblivion Lightning said:
I will like to note that Shadow uses Chaos Control to completely beat down his opponents so it's very likely Shadow would beat down Mewtwo which then would cause Mewtwo to use recover and heal which in turn Shaodw would realize his beating meant nothing which caused him to time stop again and this time finish the job by killing him.In Shadow the Hedeghog he does spam time stop frequently when available which in this case he likely would
If Shadow is willing to kill he would beat him in the first time stop, Shadow only beats down someone when he doesn't want to kill, killing is OOC for Shadow

Shadow used Chaos Control to kick Silver in the head once as opposed to an all out beatdown. Also keep in mind that Mewtwo regenerated when he was already dead. As a fetus no less.
He kicked Silver and his clone because he knew that would incapacitate them or completely damage them.Shadow would most likely realize that Mewtwo is just recovering his damage and then time stops for the kill.Again this is quite a close match but Chaos Control IMO is to spammable and Shadow would likely end it with that once he realizes a kick wouldn't do the job

Silver counterd with his own Chaos Control, and Shadow wanted to know about Silver, not beat him

The problem is that it shows that Shadow's method of dealing with something in time stop isn't to just instantly Violet Void it for example. Shadow does things in time stop that would hurt, if not kill. Not go for the biggest guns he has (no, not literally). Like how DIO punches things in time stop and doesn't like, freeze them. Or Sakuya throws knives at her timestopped problems instead of erasing them from existence. Shadow's not necessarily different here. Shadow doesn't hold back but he's pragmatic to a T. Plus again, he uses more than just time stop in fights. Much more. Time stop is a valuable ability (until Mewtwo catches on and nulls it) but it's not his only one. Plus the conversation assumes Mewtwo's going to let Shadow get away with time stopping when he has a means to make it not a worry or telespamming. Worst comes to worst, Mewtwo'd blow Shadow up from the inside or turn Shadow into light.

Shadow has beatten himself with a sigular time stop, also you are understimating Shadow's combat inteligence

Mewtwo doesn't know how Chaos Control works, and Chaos Control takes two seconds and Shadow doesn't need to say it out loud.

Mewtwo can't one shot Shadow, meanwhile Shadow can use the wisps to one-shot Mewtwo, can Mewtwo hit ghosts or see things that are invisible? Because Shadow can turn into one

Forces, correct? How'd he beat his clone? How many attacks did it take?

I mean, not really. Shadow can be as smart as he wants, tbh. I doubt Shadow uses it any different than the other time stoppers I mentioned above, and time stop is more of their bread and butter than it is for Shadow (as it's their main ability while it's one of many for Shadow).

Keep in mind that again, Mewtwo does still have precog. Mewtwo sees a time stop coming and waits it out via either teleporting away as Shadow can't sense and follow him or going invisible.

@Cal Shadow had prior knowledge about his clones and knew that one kick would take it out.Although here it's very likely Shadow would pummel Mewtwo with Chaos Spears and play it safe

One attack.

Shadow finishs battles as quickly as he can, unlike Dio who gloats, and Dio couldn't use his ice powers before absorving Joseph's blood

Shadow will use time stop the moment that he realises that Mewtwo's powers are similar to silver's

I mean, this was done before. The only difference was that Shadow was super (I know Mewtwo was composited, but it only affected his AP and Durability), and Shadow still lost. I don't see how this changes anything. In fact, this probably just gives Mewtwo an easier win. Mewtwo can remove Shadow's resistance to mind manipulation, put him to sleep, etc. And even if Shadow did use time stop early on, he would probably only use it for a single physical attack, not decapitation.

Mewtwo had a 50 times Ap advantage, now they are about equal

Shadow resists everything you said

Shadow has defeated himself with a single time stop

Unoriginal Memes said:
I mean, this was done before. The only difference was that Shadow was super (I know Mewtwo was composited, but it only affected his AP and Durability), and Shadow still lost. I don't see how this changes anything. In fact, this probably just gives Mewtwo an easier win. Mewtwo can remove Shadow's resistance to mind manipulation, put him to sleep, etc. And even if Shadow did use time stop early on, he would probably only use it for a single physical attack, not decapitation.
-He doesn't lead with removing Shadow's mind resistance he leads with precog and mind manip.In that time Shaodw would likely lead for Time Stop

-Shadow didn't want to kill Silver and Shadow knew that he could oneshots the clone.Shadow in this scenario where he has no knowledge of Mewtwo would play it safe.

-Also Mewtwo teleporting way a would just give Shadow more incentive to stay in time stop

Shadow does not resist having his resistances removed, and he certainly doesn't have resistance towards sleep manipulation.

So? Of course he would know what he would do and knows his weaknesses. The same can't be said for this fight, and he would very likely not decapitate Mewtwo when he stops time.

Also, even if Shadow played it safe, he would probably only go for stabbing Mewtwo a couple of times with Chaos Spears, which is sort of similar to how Mewtwo resurrected himself as a fetus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back