• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shin Megami Tensei Discussion Thread: III - Maniax Edition

Alright, so this is what I got for you guys. Observation is explicitly derived/dependent on qualia, the nature of the individual subjective experience that can be communicated to humanity. As Fumi puts it, while memory is unreliable, systems that are based around the subjectivity are also unreliable. This is because of the depth of memory in SMT, which extends beyond simply being a record of something like a video or picture, but a type of neutral monism in between the properties of duality. Likewise, the entirety of the qualia is essentially the soul. When the Akashic Record does things to memory, qualia itself is utterly replaced, and what the Akashic Record stores is the information that makes up these concepts, which is why in order to store these memories permanently Fumi has to find a way to conceptualize the memories in a manner that can be stored on the Akashic Record even if she does succeed.

Yobo's explanation certainly sounds like Nasuspeak.

From what I understand : Human memories and Akashic Records stores data not in informational (binary? 001100 thing?) format, but in Conceptual format.

Neural monism means that 'Universe.exe' can also be run by human minds.... I think? Not seeing any transduality though lol

Yobo Blue said:
Alright, so this is what I got for you guys. Observation is explicitly derived/dependent on qualia, the nature of the individual subjective experience that can be communicated to humanity. As Fumi puts it, while memory is unreliable, systems that are based around the subjectivity are also unreliable. This is because of the depth of memory in SMT, which extends beyond simply being a record of something like a video or picture, but a type of neutral monism in between the properties of duality. Likewise, the entirety of the qualia is essentially the soul. When the Akashic Record does things to memory, qualia itself is utterly replaced, and what the Akashic Record stores is the information that makes up these concepts, which is why in order to store these memories permanently Fumi has to find a way to conceptualize the memories in a manner that can be stored on the Akashic Record even if she does succeed.
I've honestly tilted my head some 3 or 4 times like a confused Dog trying to understand this.

Its more that I think I am missing some context so some of the words and the connection to the overall meaning skip my head.

But yes, that is very helpful.

Yobo Blue said:
?

I don't get what you mean
I'm just saying Akashic Records and human minds' Observation are compatible with each other.

They both maintain the universe.

There's no dichotomy between 'human perception' and 'reality'.

Threemagi said:
Yobo Blue said:
?

I don't get what you mean
I'm just saying Akashic Records and human minds' Observation are compatible with each other.
They both maintain the universe.

There's no dichotomy between 'human perception' and 'reality'.
Not really? Even without that dichtomy, the two are incompatable

Also, transduality for memories and souls in SMT, since qualia are described as being in between the properties of dualism.

Um...what about that attack reflection thingy in the last thread? Probably not as important as trans-duality upgrades, but still.

iirc that only counts for certain demons who have it passively. People who use spells and stuff should keep it the way it is.

Yes, Nanashi being somehow stronger than the guy he literally gets power from makes no sense. Unless we're talking with the Danu boost but i very much doubt that's taken into consideration

Honestly endgame / cosmic egg Nanashi, Dagda and Vishnu-Flynn should all just be outright 1-C. Krishna is one of the more knowledgeable entities in the SMT games (He's aware of The Axiom, YHVH's true nature etc...), and if he's certain that his Godslayer form is capable of killing YHVH then I trust he's at least capable of putting up a fight. Nanashi with Dagda or his friends can beat Vishnu-Flynn and Dagda can also fight Nanashi at this point.

Back