• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shiryu CRT (One Piece)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks valid to me

This is more of an issue with Magellan scaling to lower tier chars, but it looks consistent. Plus, a member of a Yonko's crew and being comparable to the warden who watched over Shiki, he shouldn't be on the level of Pre Timeskip SHs.

The above suggestion of a "likely" rating seems reasonable.

Anyway, the problem here is that Oda's scaling is not always consistent, perhaps most notably with Magellan being beated by pre-timeskip Luffy, but simultaneously being able to contain level 6 prisoners.

Anyway, the problem here is that Oda's scaling is not always consistent, perhaps most notably with Magellan being beated by pre-timeskip Luffy, but simultaneously being able to contain level 6 prisoners.

Magellan as a fighter is almost entirely hax-based thanks to his poison that can paralyze, incapacitate, confuse, kill, etc. through various methods.

Even when he pinned down Ace at the top of the prison, that was Ace in Seastone chains and looking pretty beaten-up already.

What about this?

Attack Potency: At least Small City level+ (Cut Gecko Moria, and is regarded as Magellan's equal, who in turn could take blows from Marineford War Arc Luffy), likely much higher (Blackbeard regarded him as being "trouble" when they first met, and he was able to become one of the top fighters of Blackbeard's crew but has yet to be seen in serious combat)

Shiryu shouldn't scale to low 7-B at all, Magellan is listed as Unknown in AP due to using Poison and Moria is 7-C (It's also pretty clear he wasn't trying to kill Moria there since Blackbeard seemingly wanted Moria to work for him)
Good point. I just copied what was on Shiryu's profile currently and added the "likely much higher".

Good point. I just copied what was on Shiryu's profile currently.
I understand as the profile is outdated.

Right now he only has three feats we can scale him too;
  • Cutting Moria and some zombies (Although I don't think he was seriously trying to kill Moria as I said above Blackbeard wanted him on his crew)
  • Being considered Dangerous to BB (Blackbeard's 6-B)
  • Taking the Sengoku Blast (Sengoku is 6-B)

one is a statement that it is up to a degree of interpretation.
Not much interpretation though as I mentioned in the above messages;
  • He doesn't take the opinion of fodder seriously, nor would he need to since he can effortlessly sense how powerful people are
  • He payed no mind to Hannyabal (The Vice Warden) who was far above fodder and could contend with Base Luffy to an extend, but mistook Shiryu for Magellan.
At least 7-C, likely 6-B.
Works for me

He doesn't take the opinion of fodder seriously, nor would he need to since he can effortlessly sense how powerful people are

He's only been shown to sense that Luffy's Haki grew since the last time he saw him. That's his only sensing feat as far as I'm aware.

What about this?
My issue is that Moriah post-TS doesn't have any feats and could very well be far stronger than pre-TS.

Magellan and Shiryu were considered equals, and people like Jinbe opt'd to escape rather than to fight Magellan.

I just think its a matter of Impel Down Luffy being heavily underestimated, so people like Magellan who struggle against him end up being placed far lower than they are depicted. I doubt Luffy and Crocodile became 100x~1000x stronger than they were in Alabasta.

Edit: Also gotta remember the only marines who straight up posed a serious threat to Luffy were the Admirals and Pacifista (Smoker, too... but he's a logia and Luffy couldn't exploit any of his weaknesses at will). IIRC the only time Luffy even fought a Vice Admiral, he was already bloody and exhausted and still wasn't "defeated".

Last edited:
Okay. Thank you.

Is somebody willing to update the Meito page as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back