• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we scale Steven Stone to a casual Groudon?

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
During the Mega Evolution special, iirc, Primal Groudon does a tier 6 blast. Given that Mega Metagross and Mega Charizard fight the thing, should they scale to the casual explosion?

I always say that highly trained mons should scale to legendaries but

We have no reasons to scale those mons to a "casual blast" that they don't take directly.

idk. The OP seems to imply that's not the case.

Even then you'd need to prove that Groudon was not fighting at full power and was purposefully holding back during that blow.

Actually the latter should be the other way around. I'll recheck the special since I have it downloaded to PC, but there should be absolutely no reason to assume by default that legendaries go full out against anything....not a legendary. Especially when Kyogre and Rayquaza are the only ones in the setting that are worth Groudon's time.

Bump. Unless it's specifically hinted by the story that he wasn't holding back, we can't scale them. It is possible to calc the scale of the explosion but then again it might very well be an outler.

I do believe they are exceptions to this but I'm not revealing them right now.

Back