• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight One Punch Man Tiering Adjustments

Garou looks fine, though we shouldn't include the 6-C stuff yet.

MB should be "Varies. At least High 7-C to 7-B. Higher with fighting spirit" to me

I do agree with everything. Base Bug God and Royal Ripper do come off as High 7-C.

I would suggest that he be given an "At least High 7-C, likely far higher" ranking, presuming there's nothing higher he can scale off of.

I'd be fine with 'At least 7-B, up to High 6-C with Reactive Evolution'. 7-A, assuming Gouketsu rollbacks haven't gone through yet.

"up to" would be better, since it's the highest we've seen Garou without him being 100% a monster, and it shows that it doesn't vary between them (like chaos emeralds, for instance) but only goes up. Via/With Reactive Evolution would be preferred as well, but it's not necessary.

Yeah it's good. One last point is that Drive Knight sorta implied Watchdog Man would be able to defend the hero association base from a Metal Knight attack. It probably doesn't mean too much since Drive Knight lied about most of the things he said to Sekingar.

Pretty sure Drive Knight mentioned Watchdog Man because he's currently the only S-Class hero technically available. Metal Knight is the suspect, Blast is MIA, Tanktop Master & Metal Bat are injured, & Tatsumaki, Bang, Atomic Samurai, Child Emperor, Zombieman, Darkshine, Flashy Flash, Genos, Puri-Puri-Prisoner, Pig God, and Drive Knight himself are participating in the raid. Watchdog Man would be the only hero they could hypothetically call on if Metal Knight attacked the HQ then and there. Doesn't necessarily mean he's powerful enough to take on Metal Knight himself.

Yeah enough people agree with it. For now don't remove any 7-A rating however, since we don't know if they're being removed or not yet.

Is there anything left to do here, or should this thread be closed?

There might be few things, I'll just ask quickly:

@everyone

What are your thoughts on Pig Gods tiering? I am still not convinced that he should have 7-B AP, but I'm fine to drop the subject if nobody else agree's.

He managed to compete with Gums and has casually defeated Demons so his current tiering seems fair.

I'd personally add a "possibly higher" based on his secret weapon which he keeps against a God-level emergency.

What evidence is there that he managed to compete? Aside from squirming out of his stomach and jumping at him momentarily, there's nothing that suggests he managed to cause any form of struggle on Gums' part. He certainly didn't damage him in any way, and when next we see them PG's left completely beaten and bloody whilst Gums casually chews on him.

Pig God's "hidden power" is far to speculative for us to rate properly.

To be fair, Gums could have a healing factor of sorts in the manga. We need to see more of him, since the manga adds so much from how little there was to the webcomic.

I can't remember what Gums does in the Webcomic after this other than bite Genos' arm off and get the top of his jaw sliced off by Bang.

Precisely, that's all he does which isn't much to even warrant his rating as a Dragon (other than defeating an S-Class hero), he'll likely get to do more in the manga.

Pig God forced himself out of Gums' grasp not once, but twice.

He briefly matched his strength. If you put Choze in Pig God's shoes he would get destroyed.

PG forcing himself out of Gums' stomach only counts as internal damage, and nothing suggests he managed to even slightly budge his jaws grip rather than just trying to slip out of them. Its not like Gums had any reason to even chomp down at full force at that point.

Again, what suggets he matched his strength? All that's shown is him lunging at him briefly, the next we see them PG is firmly held within Gums jaws with massive damage sustained. We have literally no idea how the fight played out between that. If PG at least forced Gums back I'd understand the scaling more, but he doesn't even budge him slightly.

Yes, Gums would obviously destroy Choze. But that is because Choze lacks both AP and Durability in comparison. PG surviving Gums' attacks unquestionably gives him 7-B durability; The issue is that, especially as the latest issue makes clear, PG's durability exceeds his own AP. PG's durability is not the issue, I'm asking for proof that his AP should also scale alongside it.

When did he escape? He squirmed out slightly but he was still firmly clenched within Gums' jaw.

https://********.org/chapter/766740/7

Just look at his position in this panel as opposed to the next one.

https://********.org/chapter/766740/14

Like I said, all that indicates is him trying to squirm out, changing positions whilst doing so. In either case, he is still firmly held within Gums' jaw. Again I ask, what suggets he even slightly budged his jaw?

Back