• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Crossover Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
So, while searching for matches to make, I found out that the Soul Calibur 2B profile was deleted. This struck me as odd, for three reasons.

1) 2B is a guest character in Soul Calibur. To my knowledge, a profile for her should be well within the rules. She isn't a character that appears in a pure crossover game.

2) She's canon to Soul Calibur. Unlike the other guest characters like Link and Starkiller, 2B is actually canon. She and Geralt are the first two characters to be this way. Which brings me to my third point.

3) Geralt (Soul Calibur) still has a page. I'd understand if 2B and the rest were deleted because of the new crossover rules, but there's no reason Geralt should stay if 2B gets removed.

Also, this seems to be a discrepancy unique to Soul Calibur, because to my knowledge, verses like Dead By Daylight, and Mortal Kombat still have their crossover characters. So why was Soul Calibur stripped of theirs?

This also leads to the Kingdom Hearts rules being inconsistent in this regard, as all characters featured are regarded as canon to KH in particular, for example.

Who deleted the page? You should probably ask that staff member to comment here.

Okay. Then you should politely ask him to comment here.

From my understanding these characters would not be allowed. Geralt was allowed as he canonically play a role in the main story. I don't remember 2B having a story mode unless it was added later. I can bring it back if I misunderstood any of the regulations.

I believe the rule excluded characters that were guest characters within an already established franchise. In fact, I believe all the other guest characters from Soul Calibur can be brought back.

Well, they obviously cannot scale from their original franchises/verses, but except for that, I do not think that there should be any harm. I don't remember the Crossovers regulations very well anymore though.

Yes, they do not scale to their original franchises. They only scale to those who they canonically fight in their route or within the story, much like SMT Dante or Mortal Kombat Freddy Kruger.

As such, I believe the original guest characters in Soul Calibur should be restored.

Okay. I suppose that seems fine then. What do you think Dragonmasterxyz?

You can ask Dragonmasterxyz to comment here again via his message wall, if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back