• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solo leveling speed upgrade

AnonymousBlank said:
I agree with FTL Sovereign Jin-Woo. Are there any other lightning users besides Baran? If we say Baran is MHS then Igris, Hae-In and the other S Class and up scale as well since she fought Igris with Baran's sword and won.
Baran was stated to be the weakest of the Monarch if I recall correctly right?

And that Baran wasn't actually the real Original Baran because Ashborn killed him long ago, the system created him via the powers of the Shadow Monarch inside those dungeons.

Meaning that the real Baran would be far stronger than that version of Jin woo fought and barely win in that dungeon final stage.

Yeah, they are all MHS at least scaled from that version of Baran.

Then where you put the others Monarch and Rulers? 5B and what speed?

Their designs tho, they are fire lol.

Their designs exceeded your expectations or not?

Yea all Monarchs scale above Baran.

FTL would only apply to EoS Jin-Woo and Dragon Emperor tho.

And if we're accepting MHS then Cha, Goto, Chairman, Jin-Woo's dad and all Elite Knight+ rank shadows scale to it.

AnonymousBlank said:
I agree with FTL Sovereign Jin-Woo. Are there any other lightning users besides Baran? If we say Baran is MHS then Igris, Hae-In and the other S Class and up scale as well since she fought Igris with Baran's sword and won.
National level Hunters should be at least City level since they are stated to rivals a nuclear warhead in terms of pure firepower and possesses enough power to rival a country's military might.

https://imgur.com/a/j7A7chp

Since Solo leveling is based on our modern standard of nuclear firepower like USA and Russia when it comes to the technology of the Planet Earth.

So our strongest nuclear warhead firepower might is city level right?

I'm pretty sure our strongest nukes go way above City level but taking a normal nuke range or something should work

XBlake123 said:
Yea all Monarchs scale above Baran.
FTL would only apply to EoS Jin-Woo and Dragon Emperor tho.

And if we're accepting MHS then Cha, Goto, Chairman, Jin-Woo's dad and all Elite Knight+ rank shadows scale to it.
So the others Monarchs and Rulers are 5B and MHS+? Or the others Monarchs are LS only?

Jin woo's Dad is above nation level Hunters right?

MHS yea and tbh I'm iffy about 5B rating. None of the Monarchs beside Dragon Emperor and Jin-Woo were Planetary threats. Frost's best feat was covering whole Seoul in snow storm and Beast literally being as large as mountain in his wolf form.

It was also said that his dad and Andre's property would have levelled the city if they were relative in strength but Il-Hwan bodied so fast they couldn't level it. Overtime but it supports the city level tier. His dad was also said to have the power of an entire A rank dungeon so he should scale above Tusk when Jin-Woo gets him.

XBlake123 said:
MHS yea and tbh I'm iffy about 5B rating. None of the Monarchs beside Dragon Emperor and Jin-Woo were Planetary threats. Frost's best feat was covering whole Seoul in snow storm and Beast literally being as large as mountain in his wolf form.
Naw, the Beast Monarch, one of the Monarch stated to be created to destroy the Universe, stated that he could destroy easily the planet if not for the mana strenghten his durability far higher.

Without mana, a planet is literally too fragile for the Monarch or even weaker monsters.

That Dragon literally destroy a huge part of America in the novel which was stated to be the worst calamity of humanity and that was when the Earth had mana in it.

Monarchs and Rulers are definitively 5B and Shadow Monarch and Dragon Emperor 5B+ as they are fodders to them and EOS Jin woo mere presence at the end when he became even more powerful was too much for the planet and the Rulers stated that the planet couldn't even handle his presence anymore without mana after the time reset as he was too powerful of an existence for it.

AnonymousBlank said:
It was also said that his dad and Andre's property would have levelled the city if they were relative in strength but Il-Hwan bodied so fast they couldn't level it. Overtime but it supports the city level tier. His dad was also said to have the power of an entire A rank dungeon so he should scale above Tusk when Jin-Woo gets him.
So his Dad is National Hunter level?

Cha compare to a National level Hunter or not?

Higher actually. His dad could stall the 3 Sovereigns who just clapped Thomas.

Nah she wouldn't be National at all. She is fodder to Jeju Jin-Woo who at the time still wouldn't be National yet. It's only after Jeju and a ton of grinding and levelling that he fights Thomas who still caused Jin-Woo to hurt himself when he landed punches.

Looking at the guidelines for light speed, it's in general three out of the 5 main check marks are met with little to none of the three counter check marks are met. While none of the counter check marks are met, I only see 1 out of the 5 positive check marks are met.

So I agree that "Outlier" isn't a good argument. But it doesn't looks like it has enough backing to be a real laser. It sounds like he's shooting a Beam out of his mouth, and doesn't quite have realistic source of light or other scientific details such as being made of photons, being machine generated, or bouncing off mirrors or the way it behaves in liquid.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Looking at the guidelines for light speed, it's in general three out of the 5 main check marks are met with little to none of the three counter check marks are met. While none of the counter check marks are met, I only see 1 out of the 5 positive check marks are met.
So I agree that "Outlier" isn't a good argument. But it doesn't looks like it has enough backing to be a real laser. It sounds like he's shooting a Beam out of his mouth, and doesn't quite have realistic source of light or other scientific details such as being made of photons, being machine generated, or bouncing off mirrors or the way it behaves in liquid.
It is stated to be clearly light speed and being a light plus being a light with the characteristic of light. His speed which WHAT MATTER here was clearly stated in the novel.

And there are another instance where EOS Jin woo is stated to be faster than the speed of light in the novel by the author himself aka the narrator, it was literally at the very end of the novel and the series.

So yeah, there is not problem about EOS Jin woo being FTL at least beside mental gymnastic to deny the novel itself

@DD

I always took a few as being two. Given the definition.

Needing three would put a light of verses who get light speed via that into question.

And is overall way too picky imo.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Dooyo said:
It is when the speed of said ray of light was highlighted in the novel.
Hence why I said there were only 2 things that were actual evidence for light speed and thats one of them.
Being called light or a ray, however, isn't.

You forgot to add that the novel ALREADY gave the speed of the ray of light and it was stated to be the speed of light.

You can't hardly deny it since it is clearly stated while being explicit, not vaguely like god speed or extreme speed or whatever.

YungManzi said:
@DD
I always took a few as being two. Given the definition.

Needing three would put a light of verses who get light speed via that into question.

And is overall way too picky imo.
Funny how they don't realize it and it wouldn't matter anyway as EOS Jin woo was clearly stated to be casually faster than the speed of light at the very last chapter by the author himself, in two instance, not one, the intent is pretty clear.

Therefore moot point at being against it for the few skeptic here.

AnonymousBlank said:
Higher actually. His dad could stall the 3 Sovereigns who just clapped Thomas.
Nah she wouldn't be National at all. She is fodder to Jeju Jin-Woo who at the time still wouldn't be National yet. It's only after Jeju and a ton of grinding and levelling that he fights Thomas who still caused Jin-Woo to hurt himself when he landed punches.
Okay, you are right.

Dude, what are you not getting? Being given the speed IS actual evidence and i've said this. Im not denying the highlighted speed.

What im pointing out here is just being called light, or a ray, is not evidence at all.

XBlake123 said:
I'm pretty sure our strongest nukes go way above City level but taking a normal nuke range or something should work
Above city level by how much? It was adamantely clear and stated that the National level are on that level.

Yes, at the level of USA or Russia since they have the best nuke on the planet military warhead wise and those dudes, national level hunters are viewed as Kings in the Human world

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Dude, what are you not getting? Being given the speed IS actual evidence and i've said this. Im not denying the highlighted speed.
What im pointing out here is just being called light, or a ray, is not evidence at all.
I apologize for my misunderstanding then.

Questions:

1. Are there any other feats on the level of lightspeed or close to it?

The details are not very clear on whether or not it is lightspeed. I mean, it could be, but it could also not be and is just being name-dropped as a light beam, as it is with other fictional verses.

2. How reliable is the person speaking to be a good enough source for the beam speed?

Many characters tend to either downplay or hype the opponent, so their thought process is important. Case and point, Rudeus Greyrat who hypes up others as really, really strong and himself as not so much even though he's a legitimate threat to the number one strongest being in the world.

3. What is the context? How far away is the person blocking the attack running from? Were they facing towards the being that performed the attack?

Details are hilariously lacking that there is literally nothing to calculate.

4. Is the narrator, who is in the receiving end of the beam comparable to the one who saved them?

If they're comparable, then the savior who "reacted" to the light beam may well just be moving to block the attack before it was even fired. Aim-blocking, if you will. If they're not comparable and the savior is superior, then they did possibly physically react to it. But it's still just a possibility.

5. But then, that loops back to #3. Context.

Gemmysaur said:
'Questions:'1. Are there any other feats on the level of lightspeed or close to it?The details are not very clear on whether or not it is lightspeed. I mean, it could be, but it could also not be and is just being name-dropped as a light beam, as it is with other fictional verses.
2. How reliable is the person speaking to be a good enough source for the beam speed?

Many characters tend to either downplay or hype the opponent, so their thought process is important. Case and point, Rudeus Greyrat who hypes up others as really, really strong and himself as not so much even though he's a legitimate threat to the number one strongest being in the world.

3. What is the context? How far away is the person blocking the attack running from? Were they facing towards the being that performed the attack?

Details are hilariously lacking that there is literally nothing to calculate.

4. Is the narrator, who is in the receiving end of the beam comparable to the one who saved them?

If they're comparable, then the savior who "reacted" to the light beam may well just be moving to block the attack before it was even fired. Aim-blocking, if you will. If they're not comparable and the savior is superior, then they did possibly physically react to it. But it's still just a possibility.

5. But then, that loops back to #3. Context.
What are you trying to say? You realize that it is based on a novel with text right? Most of your questions had being thorughout this thread. What details? You want to read all the chapter? The strongest being in the verse used his most powerful attack against one of the shadow of the MC, said attack was described to be a ray of brilliant liaght and his speed was stated clearly to be the speed of light. The debate is OVER once the speed of the attack is clearly stated and highlighed, that is how novel based text work, there is no way to calculate anything lol under the premise of a novel for speed.

By the way, that attack was stated to destroy anything in the universe, that being is created by an Universal God for the purpose to destroy the Universe.

Get the picture now or you want more? Anyway, it doesn't matter since at the end, he was clearly ONCE AGAIN stated by the author to be casually faster than the speed of light. So the intent at the portrayal of his speed by the author of this novel is clear as he keep repeating it. That is how novel based verse works or else, you may as well disregard everything in it lol.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Gemmysaur also makes sense.
Still doesn't change anything as there are several instance where EOS Jin woo was stated to be faster than the speed of light by the author himself at the end of the novel, chapter 269. The intent of the portrayal of his speed by the author is clear at the end. It even further strenghten the feat above lol.

I finished the entire novel yesterday.

That feat above where the attack speed is clearly highlighted to be the speed of light by the author and not a character's dialogue, is more than enough unless your mentality is going against the author of the novel himself. when he highlight in an explicit way, speed, abilities, etc.

Antvasima said:
@Gemmysaur
Thank you for helping out.
As I finished the Novel, there are a tons of abilities and resistance that need to be add in his Profile as well.

Can you do it or I do it?

The Foolish Omniscient Guy said:
Do we have a conclusion here?
Yeah since I have several instance where the author himself stated that EOS Jin woo is faster than the speed of light.

God of word (author) in his own novel is gospel words, that is general how it works for Manga, Novel and game, more when it is their strongest character ever in their verse.

Denying it is equivalent to basically deny the entire novel for consistency thinking and that doesn't make sense.

If the author intent is extremely clear on a text like verse such as a novel or book, then you have no choice but to comply to it, more if he repeated it in two instance ( not one ) for his God Tiers showcasing the consistency of speed portrayal for his God Tiers and only them alone.

Back