• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Downgrades for the low Tiers (Chainsaw Man)

Giannysmag

He/Him
I have exams tomorrow but instead of studying i'm making a CRT

So, Long and Prinzy are rated as High 8-C by scaling to Power, however Power in her fiend form is 9-B so they should both be downgraded to that

Their speed and lifting stength should also be Unknown as they come from scaling to Denji/Power who in both stats are rated as Unknown

Now for the bigger ones

Beam:

Beam's current rating is

Large Building level+ (Should be stronger than a common Devil like Bat Devil), higher when transformed (Could keep up with Reze when working together with Denji)

The problem with this is that Beam is a fiend, who are considerably weaker than their Devil counterparts so scaling to full devil for no reason doesn't work imo. As for him Keeping up with Denji and Reze, it also doesn't work as an AP justification, since
he never physically attacks Reze. His dura should however stay High 8-C as he takes a direct hit from Reze

so i propose changing his rating to

Attack Potency: Wall Level (Should be comparable to Power), higher when transformed

Durability: Wall level, Large Building Level+ (Took an attack from Reze, tho he was injured)

Aki:

Aki's current ratings are

Attack Potency: Large Building level+ (Could cut off Reze's arm)

Speed: Supersonic+ (Able to attack Reze before she could react)

Durability: Large Building level+ (Could tank attacks from Reze)

First for his speed, the feat used is clearly just him catching her of guard via a sneak attack. Infact later in the fight Aki is strugling to dodge her attacks even with his precognition. Dura wise, Aki never actually tanks any of Reze's attacks and in the page i linked before even says that one wrong move could kill him, implying that he would get one shot if they hit. Finally his AP, while the cutting feat is valid, it's done using one of Angel's weapons which have their own unique power and scaling

To kinda put the nail in the coffin, Aki scaling to Reze is also a huge outlier, since Base Denji and Aki are somewhat relative, which would make the scaling chain:
Base Denji = Aki > Reze > Transformed Denji
which obviously doesn't work

so i porpose changing his rating to

Attack Potency: Wall Level (Traded blows with Denji. Got into a fistfight with Power), Large Building level+ with Angel's Katana (Could cut off Reze's arm)

Speed: Unknown (Comparable to Denji)

Durability: Wall Level

Last edited:
Agree with all of this

However I believe we could give all the low tiers Athletic human Speed & LS at the very least considering the specifics of being a devil hunter instead of just listing it as unknown

Also Kobeni has a few decent feats that could bump up the low tiers speed

I mean I think the current Supersonic+ calc that everyone scales to was questioned by some calc members so it could be a good idea to start finding some replacements

There’s a feat of Chainsaw Man blocking a bullet from the Gun Fiend
Thats pretty nice

Things I can think of off the top of my head are

1. Kobeni cutting the Katana Devil ( Human form) hands off before he can pull the trigger of a gun
2. Random Kobeni partner moves in line with a bullet before a granny can fire
3. Katana Hybrid has multiple FTE feats where he does that quick slice move
4. Quanxy's blitz needs to be recalced but she does do a pretty quick initial blitz of some devil hunters

I'm sure there's some more Subsonic to Subsonic+ stuff in there however I don't have the time to go read through the manga at the moment

Thats pretty nice

Things I can think of off the top of my head are

1. Kobeni cutting the Katana Devil ( Human form) hands off before he can pull the trigger of a gun
2. Random Kobeni partner moves in line with a bullet before a granny can fire
3. Katana Hybrid has multiple FTE feats where he does that quick slice move
4. Quanxy's blitz needs to be recalced but she does do a pretty quick initial blitz of some devil hunters

I'm sure there's some more Subsonic to Subsonic+ stuff in there however I don't have the time to go read through the manga at the moment
There's also Power blitzing human form katana man

The weird thing is that Prinz should honestly be the person with Beam's justification but for some reason we have her scaling to Power? She's a Devil, not a Fiend.

The rest looks fine, I suppose. We don't seem to actually have anything for the 9-B rating, which we could likely gather from Power killing the Sea Cucumber, funnily enough.

The weird thing is that Prinz should honestly be the person with Beam's justification but for some reason we have her scaling to Power? She's a Devil, not a Fiend.

The rest looks fine, I suppose. We don't seem to actually have anything for the 9-B rating, which we could likely gather from Power killing the Sea Cucumber, funnily enough.
There's a calc out there of base Denji surviving a portion of Reze's explosion for that
Lemme find it

Back