• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Redid the calc yet again, this time using the numbers of galaxies that Wikipedia suggests (2*10^12). I don't think there should be another evaluation needed for it, i just updated the data of the calc. The whole theory behing it is still the same.

Cool thought: if we utilized KE for FTL chars, Sonic would be...

KE = 0.5*m*v^2

KE = 0.5 * 35 * 9474419536233431978121527454912763991874715190439963269054178145087236000000

KE = 165802341884085059617126730460973369857807515832699357208448117539026630000000J

KE = 1658023418.8 Yotta Foes, 3-B. Holy shit.

Flash may or may not be faster since his fastest calc is full of calc stacking but maybe if someone recalcs it, he would still be faster, granted this was amped and I think Sonic is faster than Flash resetting every radio on earth, so he'd be the third fastest.

The order of magnitude range would still be within 10^29 c using either timeframe; for curiosity's sake:

3.24680049095500011802073458966E29*(16.5/9.9) = 5.4113342E29

Why does the Cosmic Interstate calc assume Sonic has to travel through the entirety of each of those 2 kazillion universes? He would just need to travel through the, y'know, interstate itself to get to each of those universes, and going by that one sign that appeared once, the interstate isn't all that long. Unless the interstate only led him to the edge of the universe and forced him to go through billions of light-years of outerspaces to reach the planet, that calc needs a revision - and if that calc falls then this one has no reason not to be a super outlier.

Also, the idea that it'd take 16.5 seconds to read that much text is hilarious. That's roughly twice the average time Usain Bolt takes to run 100 meters. I personally read it in two and a half seconds, maybe three, and according to studies you can read a sheet of paper roughly 20-30% faster than you can read stuff in a monitor screen. This, if anything, just increases my skepticism.

The Cosmic Interstate feat would need a reduced timeframe anyways, as Executor used an hour timeframe and he himself says he personally feels like that's too much due to the context of the story.

Either way, best to bring Executor here if necessary.

Even if the timeframe were reduced, there's no way the feat is going to get anywhere near its original result without justifying the vast distance.

At one point, a sign appeared suggesting the universes were only separated by a few thousand light years in the Interstate, IIRC.

The calc in itself is a lowball though, as the context of Zonic's return showed that Sonic traveled through every universe where there's a Sonic from a 2-A cosmology except for several Sonics being missing. It's like a weird nigh-infinite sort of thing

Kepekley23 said:
At one point, a sign appeared suggesting the universes were only separated by a few thousand light years in the Interstate, IIRC.
The context of where the sign was found is probably what makes calculating the Cosmic Interstate confusing.

E25917C9-9138-4651-A1D5-82E4BDAB57AA

@Gyro Not much, from what I recall? He was going to stop a robot or something, but was never shown to have any visible strain or anything. He was kinda just having casual banter, same as always when he's casual.

Yeah that adds up somewhat with the scan above. And from what the screenshotted text said, what KGiffoni calced would be Sonic's top speed, so it seems fine from that perspective

Archie Sonic's reactions to his speed feats is like Saitama with his.

It's mundane as getting out of bed and preparing breakfast.

The chaos in Sonic revisions, it's like this never ends

The explanation is on the blog itself, maybe I could put in more information to talk about how the Cosmic Intestate exists across all universes, but I was saving it for my blog about cosmology, but it was never created due to my abandonment of the franchise by here (although I usually answer when it's related to something I created, and this is one of these cases).

Anyway, the scans are all on my blog with the explanation about them.

He would just need to travel through the, y'know, interstate itself to get to each of those universes

And the interstate exists in the universe itself. See in the scans, the road connects the universes, planets on these universes, literally anywhere. If you want to go somewhere, you must leave your planet and physically move where you want to go. There will be portals that take you from the "dimension of the Cosmic interstate" and leave you in the very dimension of the universe you are in (Maybe the Cosmic Interstate is like the No Zone and exists in perpendicular through all universes).

That is, you must leave your planet and physically go to another planet in another universe, universes that must be perpendicular to Cosmic Interstate due its nature. It is not like a place with doors to each of the universes, it is a place that connects the space of all universes, so it has stars, planets, asteroids and other things, because it is simply the space of all connected universes.

At one point, a sign appeared suggesting the universes were only separated by a few thousand light years in the Interstate

No, that was never the case and I don't understand how anyone had this interpretation. The scene just shows Sonic and his counterparts moving on the Cosmic Interstate and they stopped at a Intersection where a sign says "next exit 148,000 light years". We do not know the position of this place relative to any other place in any universe, it is a reference point from which we cannot draw any conclusions outside "Cosmic Interstate is greater than 148,000 light years" which is very clear with all we know about this place.

Bump!

Tbh I just need Sonic's profile unlocked for this to be applied, as the feat is only linked in his profile throughout all of them

Back