• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Eater Revisions

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
Soul Eater Revisions

I finally got around to reading the damn thing. So right now, our Soul Eater profiles really suck. Most notably Maka's profile but just the verse in general. So we're gonna revise it, shall we?

Note that I didn't read Soul Eater Not yet, so I won't be touching those here.

Canon
First off, the canon. While most of our profiles only deal with the Manga, some of them are "Composite" of their anime and manga versions, which shouldn't be a thing at all, much like it isn't for any Manga with an Anime adaptation. So our composite profiles should be reworked to only include Manga stuff.

I saw some people implying that Soul Eater Not, a spin-off of the series, takes place in the anime continuity. But as I've said above, I haven't read it yet, so I can't confirm it. While I doubt it's true, making profiles for the anime versions of the characters may be considered if Not is truly is a followup of the anime.

Keys
Now, the keys. Maka's profile uses arbitrary Arc dividers while most other characters use Madness as a second key.

For Maka's profile, the dividers are, as I've said, arbitrary. Maka does not gain any major power-ups in these specific arcs, nor is there any large timeskip between these events. Even worse, most of her stats come from scaling from people...who are way above the stats she scales to. Maka being 9-B via scaling to 8-B Black Star for example.

For Madness power-ups, while it's true that Madness boosts you, it's closer to Kaio-Ken boosts than a new form with a new tier associated with it. It temporarily boosts one's stats, but not to the point where you can fodderize someone you were fighting prior to using it. Thus, it shouldn't be the divider between keys for characters.

So, how should we divide the keys then? It's obvious that there is some degree of tier change there. The protagonists went from being one-shot by casual hits from a barely resurrected Asura to being able to harm and take serious hits from a fully powered Asura, for example. Given that we lack concrete arcs to decide when a character becomes God-Tier or not, I think that giving most characters a "Beginning of Series" and "End of Series" key would be the best. It's vague, but it's better than what we have.

Attack Potency and Speed
Of course we gotta attach some stats to those keys.

Regarding Attack Potency, nearly every character should scale to the 8-B feat we already have, given that it was done even before the first chapter. However, I think that everyone should become 8-A due to a second calculated feat: Nidhogg's destruction of a town. It was calculated and accepted as 8-A on the OBD, on the very same page that accepted our 8-B's feat. The Flying Dutchman (Guy who is basically the incarnation of Nidhogg and controls it at will) was fought by Death the Kid and killed by Crona, so everyone should scale to that. Hell, Crona even destroyed the entire ship itself.

God Tiers, on the other hand, should scale to Crona's feat of destroying a city, which was calced as 6-C. It's currently rated as "Environmental destruction", but that's nonsense. Crona fully uses and weaponizes the Black Blood she used to do this feat. There is no reason it shouldn't scale to her regular stats. So everyone who can put up a fight EoS should scale to 6-C. Side note, but Asura and Lord Death's "Unknown" should be removed. Their Madness Wavelength is hax, not AP and has no higher feats anyway.

Regarding speed, another feat done even before the first chapter is Death the Kid travelling from Egypt to Death City (Which is in Nevada) in the span of a battle. The highest result would be Massively Hypersonic while the lowest result would be Hypersonic+ (our current ratings). Either way, everyone should at least keep being Hypersonic+, if the higher ends aren't accepted.

God Tiers don't have much more speed feats than that, except a possible one involving beams of light. One of the clowns can fire beams. Said beams fly in a straight line and have been deflected by an attack said to be able to bend light, implying that said beams are light. While Black Star was shown grabbing said beams later one, it was pointed out in-universe that this isn't possible normally, implying that this is just a weird ability of Black Star. Not the only time he has shown this. If this isn't accepted, then God tiers should just be At least the speed of he lower tiers.

Abilities
I'll probably update and re-format the abilities of the verse too. I've included a non-complete list of stuff on my Sandbox, if anyone wants to check.

So that should be all. I think.

Hyped for this though shouldn't this be on Content Revision? And iirc there was a moon speed feat too. Regarding the light/laser, it might be that Black Star have some sort of ability to influence it? What was the context of that fight?

Also agreeing on Tier 6

I should stop doing that. It's bad.

The SE moon is close as **** though. It's not really going to be that much higher than what we have, especially with the lack of timeframe we have for them.

Clown firing lasers at people. Then Black Star deciding to grab said lasers and throw them back at the clown. For some reasons. BS does have shadow stuff at his disposal so maybe that's that.

I agree with all the stuff you listed, also Mosquito 100 and 200 Years Ago Forms should both have a rating.

Base Mosquito fought with Giricko. His other forms should just scale to his lower forms.

You shall forever be denounced by such an actioooon

Figured, stupid moon

Remember which chapter this is? I gotta see for myself since I forgot how it happened. On the other hand darkness or shadow manip does explain it considering darkness vs light. Maybe we can go by possibly this speed level if worst comes to worst

Ey yes murica clown

Should've set this as a theme for the thread btw

Chapter 91 we have the first use of these beams. Chapter 100 has Black Star reacting to them and literally grabbing them.

Can't. Wikia stopped allowing us to set automatic music.

Ye. Part of my abilities revision. Also IIRC his passive mind hax can slightly bypass Maka's protections, who could completely nullify Arachne's mind hax.

Gah your links keep giving me **** ads for some reasons.

Well I see two potential problems here:

1. Not 100% sure Crona is 100 meters away from everyone here. It's possible, but not 100% sure.

2. I don't think we can safely assume that Black Star traveled 100 meters in that timeframe, when he could have been moving before Crona swung her sword.

Sorry OvO

1. I calculate the distance and she was over 100m
2. I think Black stars reacted when Maka was in danger, otherwise he would have intervened much earlier

He could have realized she was in danger sooner. Your calc seems to assume that he blitzes Crona over 100 meters just as she was about to hit him.

At least you should port your calc on a blog to see if it's acceptable.

Kid breaking the sound barrier makes sense given that in Soul Eater the creator was pretty good about mach cones.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/1165/f/2018/148/4/1/black_star_s_sonic_boom__by_thebigelk-dcct7q3.jpg

https://orig00.deviantart.net/98aa/f/2018/148/5/3/kid_s_sonic_boom__by_thebigelk-dcct9ea.jpg

Most of the characters show this same visual- even Maka.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/21e6/f/2018/148/e/8/maka_s_sonic_boom__by_thebigelk-dccqubm.jpg

They were supersonic fairly early on and only got faster.

>6-C Soul Eater

>Realizes this means Percy vs Maka could be a thing (Even though Annabeth would probably make more sense)

>Deep Breath

I am ready. Even though I still have yet to read anything beyond like the first chapter of the manga.

The only feat that would need calcing would be Black Star reacting to light in Chapter 100, but that seems rather difficult to do.

Back