• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) Small AP Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider-Man can one-shot Tombstone, someone he can hardly phase with normal attacks, by webbing his fist up to increase his power. Seems like a pretty easy addition to make to me.

I really hope this goes better than my prior revision since that's drained almost all of my enthusiasm today....
Now, it’s been awhile since I’ve read any spider-man comic, but as I recall, Spider-Man can oneshot Tombstone without a web glove, it’d just break his fist, hence him webbing up his fist(makes more sense that that would protect his hand rather than somehow increase his AP) so his fist doesn’t break when he punches Tombstone

Now, it’s been awhile since I’ve read any spider-man comic, but as I recall, Spider-Man can oneshot Tombstone without a web glove, it’d just break his fist, hence him webbing up his fist(makes more sense that that would protect his hand rather than somehow increase his AP) so his fist doesn’t break when he punches Tombstone
The problem with this is that we have other feats of Tombstone just no-selling punches from Spidey and Scarlet Spider on his Profile.

The problem with this is that we have other feats of Tombstone just no-selling punches from Spidey and Scarlet Spider on his Profile.
If spidey punched tombstone hard enough to knock him out(without protection), he’d break his hand

I don’t see why Spider-Man punching him(which clearly wasn’t his full strength, considering he always holds back) and not breaking his hand(ergo he didn’t punch him as hard as he would with a web glove on) should mean anything for scaling

to be clear, I’m not 100% sure if I’m correct or not, but him tanking Spider-Man’s hits wouldn’t contradict him being able to be oneshot by Spider-Man hitting him far harder

also web glove doing anything other than increasing dura just seems like bad comic logic tbh

If spidey punched tombstone hard enough to knock him out(without protection), he’d break his hand

I don’t see why Spider-Man punching him(which clearly wasn’t his full strength, considering he always holds back) and not breaking his hand(ergo he didn’t punch him as hard as he would with a web glove on) should mean anything for scaling

to be clear, I’m not 100% sure if I’m correct or not, but him tanking Spider-Man’s hits wouldn’t contradict him being able to be oneshot by Spider-Man hitting him far harder

also web glove doing anything other than increasing dura just seems like bad comic logic tbh
The problem with your argument is that Tombstone is consistently shown to exceed Spider-Man and other Spiders in like every physical stat and is even stated to be stronger and faster than them with them only really keeping up due to their Spider-Sense as stated by the Scarlet Spider, let alone more durable than them which is his defining attribute. Spidey suddenly one-shotting him upon webbing up his fist and saying this I'd literally everything I have shows that it's substantially stronger than his normal attacks.

The problem with your argument is that Tombstone is consistently shown to exceed Spider-Man and other Spiders in like every physical stat and is even stated to be stronger and faster than them with them only really keeping up due to their Spider-Sense as stated by the Scarlet Spider, let alone more durable than them which is his defining attribute. Spidey suddenly one-shotting him upon webbing up his fist and saying this I'd literally everything I have shows that it's substantially stronger than his normal attacks.
Spider-Man being stronger than his ”equals” when he holds back less is very very common, so I don’t think tombstone being stated to be stronger should mean much

Spider-Man being stronger than his ”equals” when he holds back less is very very common, so I don’t think tombstone being stated to be stronger should mean much
But he has the feats to back it up, unlike the other rogues he usually fights with the exception of Rhino. Hell, speaking of which Tombstone also has feats of tanking hits from Rhino and Luke Cage so that only adds on to how impressive this is that Spidey can One-Shot him with the Web Punch.

But he has the feats to back it up, unlike the other rogues he usually fights with the exception of Rhino. Hell, speaking of which Tombstone also has feats of tanking hits from Rhino and Luke Cage so that only adds on to how impressive this is that Spidey can One-Shot him with the Web Punch.
As far as I’m aware the only feat of tombstone “tanking” an attack from luke was Luke sending him through a wall and tombstone getting up after he left

Also, Spider-Man has hurt both Luke Cage and Rhino various times

As far as I’m aware the only feat of tombstone “tanking” an attack from luke was Luke sending him through a wall and tombstone getting up after he left
AFAIK he wasn't actually trying to fight him if I remember correctly, he was more so warning him, but even then he didn't get knocked out or something and was entirely fine despite that.
Also, Spider-Man has hurt both Luke Cage and Rhino various times
I never said otherwise but he's never one-shot someone on their caliber the way he does Tombstone with the Web Punch in that page. The only times I've ever seen Peter ever truly overpower Rhino is during his rage moments, where I'm almost 99% certain he legitimately gets stronger at this point from those moments. Every other time he beats Rhino is usually due to greater speed and finesse.

AFAIK he wasn't actually trying to fight him if I remember correctly, he was more so warning him, but even then he didn't get knocked out or something and was entirely fine despite that.

I never said otherwise but he's never one-shot someone on their caliber the way he does Tombstone with the Web Punch in that page. The only times I've ever seen Peter ever truly overpower Rhino is during his rage moments, where I'm almost 99% certain he legitimately gets stronger at this point from those moments. Every other time he beats Rhino is usually due to greater speed and finesse.
He’s oneshot rhino plenty of times(to be fair even Cap did one time)

He also directly states he’s gonna put all his strength into that punch

Also yeah Luke Cage doesn’t get one hit KO’d by Pete, but Pete also isn’t punching as hard as he can, and Luke’s dura>Tombstone’s in general

Tombstone has been KO’d by DD with a sledgehammer before, he’s no Luke cage

He’s oneshot rhino plenty of times(to be fair even Cap did one time)
Which is still BS to me since Spidey has consistently admitted physical inferiority to Rhino and Cap is even weaker than Spidey is so that makes even less sense.
He also directly states he’s gonna put all his strength into that punch
Yeah and then his Web Punch one-shots Tombstone when literally all of his other attacks literally can't hurt him whatsoever.
Also yeah Luke Cage doesn’t get one hit KO’d by Pete, but Pete also isn’t punching as hard as he can, and Luke’s dura>Tombstone’s in general
Never said he was equal to Luke Cage in Durability, just said Tombstone is definitively one of Spidey's strongest rogues on a consistent basis from a decent amount of Spiders with extremely consistent statements and feats to back it up.
Dare Devil is also a little inconsistent himself since sometimes he's fodder to Spidey tier people and other times he beats the hell out of them. Not a good example.

Tombstone is far more consistently portrayed as a tank in the Spider-Man rogue's gallery. If you're gonna argue he gets knocked out by Daredevil, you're gonna need to make a downgrade thread because rn, he's at High 8-C+ durability on our site

Tombstone is far more consistently portrayed as a tank in the Spider-Man rogue's gallery. If you're gonna argue he gets knocked out by Daredevil, you're gonna need to make a downgrade thread because rn, he's at High 8-C+ durability on our site
I agree he has High 8-C durability, I’m just pointing out that he’s been knocked out by people weaker than Spider-Man before. I don’t see what the problem is with Spider-Man(not holding back) simply having higher AP than tombstone’s dura, which makes sense to me, as when he stops holding back, he usually is far far stronger than before, and that makes more sense imo than the web glove somehow increasing his AP, meanwhile the dura of his hand increasing, allowing him to punch harder without breaking his hand, seems like a fairly simple conclusion

I agree he has High 8-C durability, I’m just pointing out that he’s been knocked out by people weaker than Spider-Man before. I don’t see what the problem is with Spider-Man(not holding back) simply having higher AP than tombstone’s dura, which makes sense to me, as when he stops holding back, he usually is far far stronger than before, and that makes more sense imo than the web glove somehow increasing his AP, meanwhile the dura of his hand increasing, allowing him to punch harder without breaking his hand, seems like a fairly simple conclusion
A) Just because Spider-Man doesn't intend on killing opponents doesn't mean he's never hitting with full force
B) If Spider-Man was holding back enough to where Tombstone couldn't be harmed, why would he web his fist?
C) In the panel where he webs his fist, he makes it clear he's doing so to put a lot into this punch. This isn't to shield him or anything. If I'm holding back so much out of fear of seriously hurting someone, then there's no way in hell I'm gonna need protection if I'm punching that person with all I've got. If I'm punching correctly, I'm not gonna break my hand
D) Tombstone consistently doesn't take damage from Spidey tier characters and has taken blows from Luke Cage and Rhino
E) A holding back Spider-Man is MUCH stronger than an all out Daredevil. Your logic about weaker characters knocking him out doesn't make sense

Literally, everything here points to the web punch being stronger lmao

Last edited:
A) Just because Spider-Man doesn't intend on killing opponents doesn't mean he's never hitting with full force
That’s… definitely an opinion?

B) because, as I said earlier, if he punched tombstone too hard he’d break his own fist. Spider-Man punching harder doesn’t suddenly mean his fist can take it, his normal punches against tombstone already hurt himself.

simplest conclusion is that when Spider-Man stops holding back, he can oneshot tombstone(as he does to most his villains), and that webbing his hand increases his hands dura(which is already fairly obvious, for the same reason punching with a boxing glove protects your fist, this is true whether or not it also increases his AP, which I highly doubt, since there’s nothing saying he punches harder with it on, and it on somehow increasing his AP doesn’t make much sense. He’s also explicitly used his web punch with fire proof webbing to punch a dude that’s on fire, meanwhile not mentioning it makes him stronger or anything)

That’s… definitely an opinion?

B) because, as I said earlier, if he punched tombstone too hard he’d break his own fist. Spider-Man punching harder doesn’t suddenly mean his fist can take it, his normal punches against tombstone already hurt himself.

simplest conclusion is that when Spider-Man stops holding back, he can oneshot tombstone(as he does to most his villains), and that webbing his hand increases his hands dura(which is already fairly obvious, for the same reason punching with a boxing glove protects your fist, this is true whether or not it also increases his AP, which I highly doubt, since there’s nothing saying he punches harder with it on, and it on somehow increasing his AP doesn’t make much sense. He’s also explicitly used his web punch with fire proof webbing to punch a dude that’s on fire, meanwhile not mentioning it makes him stronger or anything)
For a "simple conclusion", it doesn't sound very simple

OP's proposal seems much more simple. Villain is too durable to harm. Spider-Man webs his fist and says he's gonna go for a much stronger attack. Lands the attack. Villain is knocked out

Yeah obviously, boxing gloves do give your fist some protection. But nothing about this scene implies "Yeah, he could've done this without the webbing"

How many more staff approvals do I require? I forget who does and doesn't apply for proper staff votes nowadays because of the weird bias going on towards certain roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back