• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Splatoon speed upgrades and other additions

Kinda new with this stuff so if I got an ability or resistance wrong I don't mind corrections

Subsonic travel speed along with Afterimage Creation
Goggles is able to do this along with many other characters with similar feats

Hypersonic Super Jump, this can possibly also go for combat and reactions since inklings can react to super jumps
Goggles is able to super Jump fast enough to be set on fire which would be mach 5 (scan 1, scan 2, scan 3)

Purification
Calamari Inkantation frees Octolings from brainwashing and defect from the Octarian forces (scan 1, scan 2, scan 3, scan 4)

Healing
Inklings passively heal after a few seconds

Empowerment
Inklings become stronger with music

Broadway Force
The Squid Sister's singing is able to make DJ Octavio and Captain Cuttlefish dance along

Cloth Manipulation
Shown here

more Extrasensory Perception scans
(scan 1, scan 2, scan 3)

Mind Reading
Rider can see what goggles is thinking

Invisibility Negation
Shown here

Resistance to Extreme Heat
Inklings can stand normally on Octo Oven who is 425 degrees

Resistance to Electricity Manipulation
Inklings are not harmed by the zapfish's electric forcefield

Resistance to Magnetism, Reality Warping, and Space Time Manipulation
Agent 8 and Captain cuttlefish are unaffected by being in Deepsea Metro which has a strong magnetic force that's able distort space time

Last edited:
First of all, I'll mention that content based on unreleased (So far) stuff can't be used per site policy, so don't bother with Splatoon 3 stuff until the game comes out.

First of all, I'll mention that content based on unreleased (So far) stuff can't be used per site policy, so don't bother with Splatoon 3 stuff until the game comes out.
alright removed it

Last edited:
Kinda new with this stuff so if I got an ability or resistance wrong I don't mind corrections

Would these scale to your average Inkling? Not familiar with the manga (is it even canon?) but they seem to be blitzing the girl in the second scan)
Hypersonic Super Jump, this can possibly also go for combat and reactions since inklings can react to super jumps
Goggles is able to super Jump fast enough to be set on fire which would be mach 5 (scan 1, scan 2, scan 3)
Same story here. However considering that a Super Jump is much easier to react to than the speed would suggest (Since it shoots you way up and then you fall down), I'm not sure about it scaling to reactions/combat speed. It's very easy to track a fast object from far away especially if it has a track of ink, and the game literally tells you the landing spot of a Super Jump.
Purification
Calamari Inkantation frees Octolings from brainwashing and defect from the Octarian forces (scan 1, scan 2, scan 3, scan 4)
Power is good but not all Inklings have access to this
Should be Regeneration I think
Seems good.
Broadway Force
The Squid Sister's singing is able to make DJ Octavio and Captain Cuttlefish dance along

Seems good for the Sisters but I don't think it'd scale to your average Inkling
Cloth Manipulation
Shown here
I dunno if it's actual cloth or she's forming it out of her body but it should be fine ig
more Extrasensory Perception scans
(scan 1, scan 2, scan 3)

Mind Reading
Ok this REALLY shouldn't scale to your average Inkling
Invisibility Negation
Shown here
Should be good
Resistance to Extreme Heat
Inklings can stand normally on Octo Oven who is 425 degrees
Should be good
Resistance to Electricity Manipulation
Inklings are not harmed by the zapfish's electric forcefield
I don't think the Zapfish is actually outputting any dangerous amount of electricity and is just making a forcefield with it.
Resistance to Magnetism, Reality Warping, and Space Time Manipulation
Agent 8 and Captain cuttlefish are unaffected by being in Deepsea Metro which has a strong magnetic force that's able distort space time
Considering the DS Metro is full of inhabitants who all can endure this magnetic force, I think it just isn't actually harmful.

Would these scale to your average Inkling? Not familiar with the manga (is it even canon?) but they seem to be blitzing the girl in the second scan)

Same story here. However considering that a Super Jump is much easier to react to than the speed would suggest (Since it shoots you way up and then you fall down), I'm not sure about it scaling to reactions/combat speed. It's very easy to track a fast object from far away especially if it has a track of ink, and the game literally tells you the landing spot of a Super Jump.

Power is good but not all Inklings have access to this

Should be Regeneration I think

Seems good.

Seems good for the Sisters but I don't think it'd scale to your average Inkling

I dunno if it's actual cloth or she's forming it out of her body but it should be fine ig

Ok this REALLY shouldn't scale to your average Inkling

Should be good

Should be good

I don't think the Zapfish is actually outputting any dangerous amount of electricity and is just making a forcefield with it.

Considering the DS Metro is full of inhabitants who all can endure this magnetic force, I think it just isn't actually harmful.
Im pretty sure its a composite profile as there are already preexisting scans from the manga from specifically an S4 member which are regarded as extremely experienced and skill regarding the not average inkling. (current speed scan if your wondering)
and the rest of what you said seems fair enough.

Last edited:
TBH perhaps it would be a good idea to just separate the profile into multiple individual characters, composite profiles aren't allowed after all, and I'm sure no Inkling has all the weapons and whatever at once.

Yeah it really shouldn't be composited, the in-story Agent characters are probably a fair deal more skilled than your average inkling and the idols and manga characters seemingly have abilities that the normal inkling doesn't.

It might lead to some repetitive profiles but that's still way more accurate.

The agent of splatoon 1 in splatoon 2 had gone on a mission with the captain, (which would end in the events of the octoexpansion).
Yes, the agent in splatoon 2 is a different one.

Most inklings don’t seem capable of doing either. The former has another inkling being blitzed, and the latter is wildly inconsistent. Inklings never travel that fast in game and they make a specific note in the manga about the height that Goggles is jumping from, implying that this may have an effect. There’s also the fact that inklings can’t actually react to this, they can just move in slight tandem.
I always assumed that was the ink of their opponents ink sloughing off of them. This also supports why the inling heal instantly when submerged in their own color ink.
Extrasensory Perception scans
(scan 1, scan 2, scan 3)

Mind Reading
These don’t seem like they’d scale to anyone. The first scan everyone seems supprised by his ability, implying others don’t carry the same. The second one, no one else seems to see into goggles‘ thoughts.

I always assumed that was the ink of their opponents ink sloughing off of them. This also supports why the inling heal instantly when submerged in their own color ink.
Is there some non-ink ways to get hurt but not insta-killed in the Splatoon games? If that's the case then we can safely say it's healing/regen

Is there some non-ink ways to get hurt but not insta-killed in the Splatoon games? If that's the case then we can safely say it's healing/regen
IIRC there's a mission in Splatoon 2 where the player can be slightly injured by touching a sharp rotating thing.

Back