• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH thread 2 [SPOILER]

The real cal howard said:
No you didn't. I don't even have to click on the profile to know it's not fixed. Why? Because the dude's name isn't Sun. It's Elio.
Technically, not a single Pokémon game protagonist have a name. After all, they're never mentioned in-game, and you're outright asked to name them however you want. So yeah, they're nameless.

Don't really understand the Anime scaling then. Pikachu and Naganadel aren't 4-B for fighting Tapu Koko and Guzzlord. Incineroar isn't 4-B for easily beating Melmetal and so on. I know Zeraora was upgraded to 5-B (now 4-B) for doing the exact same feats as Pikachu though.

The difference is that Melmetal is a legendary Pokémon, Pikachu and Incineroar aren't. Also, if Naganadel isn't 4-B then that should be corrected, as all Ultra Beasts should scale to each other.

Ionliosite said:
The real cal howard said:
No you didn't. I don't even have to click on the profile to know it's not fixed. Why? Because the dude's name isn't Sun. It's Elio.
Technically, not a single Pokémon game protagonist have a name. After all, they're never mentioned in-game, and you're outright asked to name them however you want. So yeah, they're nameless.
Except every game that has the other gender as an NPC

False, not every game has that. And even then, those are their names as NPCs and rivals, not as protagonists. Unless you haven't noticed they have radically differents roles when they DO have names.

Ionliosite said:
cough cough

Leon's Charizard canonically takes down a Dynamax 'mon. If they're all 6-B then could this warrant upgrades to at least the starters like Charizard?

I mean any pokémon can fight a Dynamax without dynamaxing as well but I feel that's too huge of one.

Gigantamax and Gigamax are two different things.

Every Charizard can use Dynamax energy, but only some of them can Gigantamax. So I think it's fair to assume that Gigantamax >>>> Gigamax.

Therefore, not every Gigamax Pokemon is going to get whatever ranking Gigantamax pokemon do.

Yes, but the only answer to Gigantmax is a Dynamax or the legendary dogs of this gen in canon. Plus, they make it a point to show how impressive Lee is with his Charizard by doing so with deft.

Hell, in the story, Gym Leaders scale inbterms of how pwoerdul they are and the Dark Gym Leader made it to second-stromgest wirhout Dynamax or Gigantamax which a few Gym Leaders had.

Quick question, are we allowed to add Egg Moves or TM moves to the profiles? These are trained Pokemon we're talking about here, right?

Ionliosite said:
The difference is that Melmetal is a legendary Pokémon, Pikachu and Incineroar aren't. Also, if Naganadel isn't 4-B then that should be corrected, as all Ultra Beasts should scale to each other.
Nonsense.

1) There are many members of legendary/mythical species depicted, even Mewtwo and the Creation Trio, depicted within Pokemon media. Such as the HGSS event creating another member of the Creation Trio or there being two Mewtwos in the anime.

2) Ordinary pokemon like Grovyle and Lucario have been scaled to legendaries for fighting them (and they got scaled to multiversal for it, not like Island-level or something)

3) Kukui's Incineroar was undefeated, can tank multiple powerful attacks by multiple pokemon at one time and come out unscathed, is acknowledged as the strongest and ace of the strongest trainer in Alola, Kukui, stomped Ash's Melmetal and took Lycanroc, Melmetal and Torracat to defeat. It's FAR from an ordinary Incineroar.

4) Pikachu is constantly considered an outlier of its species, having defeated Regice and Tapu Koko, matching Latios and Zeraora and contributing at least 50% of the power to overpower a Guzzlord. It also overpowered and defeated Guardian of Alola with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. At the start of PM, it was the only pokemon to stop and even slightly hurt a Lugia, with that Lugia choosing to flee after breaking out of the shock.

5) Pikachu underwent an entire training arc from the start of SM to the end, with its power and speed steadily progressing in each battle against Tapu Koko. It explicitly grew much stronger over the course of SM.

Seeing as ordinary pokemon can scale to legendaries, legendaries are all treated as equal to any member of their species (across even different universes, mediums and writers) and we have several cases of SM Pikachu scaling to 4-B Legendaries and Kukui's Incineroar and Lucario scale to Guzzlord, Naganadel, Melmetal and, by extension, Tapu Koko (due to Lucario handling Naganadel, who could fight Tapu Koko toe-to-toe), there is no reason or rationale for NOT scaling them to 4-B.

Maybe if Ash's Pikachu has some terrible outlier against Scorbunny in the upcoming episode, you could argue it doesn't deserve 4-B. But I really don't see the argument against the rest of Ash's SM Team or Anime Kukui.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I'm not sure. But it would mean scaling Dreepy to Dragapult as well since Dreepy can damage other Dreepy.
Thoughts on the validity of this Tvtropes Fridge note on Dragapult?

How did the Dreepy line go extinct? Considering that Dragapult fires its offspring at others as an attack — and the fact that the line likely wasn't part-Ghost before it died out, meaning it's unlikely that the kids could take the damage — it's entirely possible that the Dragapult parents killed more of their children than they could breed.

Robot972 said:
Due to this thread bringing up adding Dynamax (all abilties, stats, etc.) to every pokemon within SwSh instead of just Gigantamax Pokemon (which I think isn't necessary), I thought I'd offer an alternative. It's not a perfect page, as it was a rushed job, but if there is an interest in a verse-specific power for Dynamax, like Super Saiyan Transformations, I could finish/clean up the page and put in a request.
According to Ant, in order to make this ability, I need at least one staff member to accept it.

I made my own version of it here, though it's not 100% finished. In general I support the idea though.

GyroNutz said:
I made my own version of it here, though it's not 100% finished. In general I support the idea though.
Huzzah! Since my page is complete (though I will add a part about the difference use between wild Pokemon and trainer Pokemon), I'll just ask Ant about adding mine

Cyrrently, my page has been accepted by 50% of the staff related to Pokemon (Knowledgeable Members and Supporters lists) (Ant said I need to ask them all). Once I get another person or two, I'll ask Ant AGAIN about adding the ability page

Well, Dynamax is an ability, Promestein will be helping me soon with the additions, and all Gigantamax Pokemon that currently have profiles (so, Gen 1, but not including Melmetal given it's not officially released yet) have been given their Gigantamax keys.

Question. Is it noted that mons can't Dynamax on their own? Iirc, they need Eternatus' energy for that.

I added a weakness earlier stating that "Dynamax and Gigantamax can only be used in areas with Dynamax energy (i.e. dens and stadiums)".

If it needs to be worded better, I'll gladly change it.

"Gazing at its luminescent spots will quickly induce a hypnotic state, putting the observer under Malamar's control."
"It's said that Malamar's hypnotic powers played a role in certain history-changing events."

~Malamar (SwSh)

"In this defensive stance, Aegislash uses its steel body and a force field of spectral power to reduce the damage of any attack.
"Its potent spectral powers allow it to manipulate others. It once used its powers to force people and Pokémon to build a kingdom to its liking."
"This stance is dedicated to offense. It can cleave any opponent with the strength and weight of its steel blade."
"Once upon a time, a king with an Aegislash reigned over the land. His Pokémon eventually drained him of life, and his kingdom fell with him."

~Aegislash (SwSh)

These two Pokémon would be extremely dangerous in real life...

Huh. I think it would make a cool plotline for a game, maybe having a Fighting-Type Legendary that has lore that ties in with the history of humans that can use Aura.

There are a lot of cases of humans with special powers in Pokémon, in Kalos there is a guy with the power to turn resistances into weaknesses and weaknesses into resistances.

Back