• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH thread 2 [SPOILER]

DragonEmperor23 said:
Was talking about the Kalos dude
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Inver

"Oh... I wasn't expecting a vistor in a place like this. Hmm... You seem to be a pretty good trainer. Shall we have a rather strange Pokémon battle? I call this an Inverse Battle! With my mysterious power, I will reverse type matchups for a while... Supereffective moves will not be very effective. Move that are not very effective will be super effective. What do you think? Does it sound fun? You may understand it in theory, but when you try it, you'll find that it's more difficult than you thought. Would you care to try an Inverse Battle?"

"This strange power that reverses type matchups... Unfortunately, I can't use it very ofte. Please come back tomorrow."

The real cal howard said:
Off topic but all Dynamaxes should have Class G lifting strength via scaling from Sandaconda.
I could add this in a little while. I'm assuming you mean the Gigantamax forms?

Wouldn't it only be Class M, though? It's >1 000 000 tons of sand, and not >1 000 000 000 tons of sand.

But >1,000,000 tons would be Class G, it's the baseline for it in fact. I think you've confused the 1,000,000,000 kilograms benchmark for Class G for tons instead.

1,000,000 Metric Tons = 1,000,000,000 kg.

And since it's above, yes, it's Class G. I was the screwup here.

Plus, they would scale to Machamp anyways, who's naturally Class G

Lifting Strength has been added, and I'm currently working on profiles for other Gigantamax Pokemon. Garbador and Hatterene are my first focuses, though I could do the Applin profile as well

"It's said that this form arose from the Corsola that lived in the sea surrounding the Galar region in the ancient past and that lost their lives due to a meteorite impact in the area. They are often found living in places that were once seabeds, and it's said that they sometimes attack humans and Pokémon that they come in contact with."

"The semitransparent branches that grow from its body are not actually corporeal, and they're incapable of causing injury or pain. However, if an opponent comes in contact with them, these branches will take root in the victim's body and absorb its life-force, leaving it unable to move."

Pokemon corsola 2x

"After continuing to store up the energy it has absorbed from other creatures for so long, Cursola has lost its corporeal body. Its spirit energy overflows and now pours out of its former shell. Perhaps Cursola enjoys the new lightness this form gives it, because it's sometimes spotted bobbing along as it wanders."

"Cursola gather on the night of the full moon and fire off their branches toward the sky. There are various theories on why they might do this—ranging from it being a way to release the energy they've absorbed from others to it being a form of communication between Cursola—but the true reason is still unknown. Regardless, it is a fantastic and beautiful sight to behold."

Pokemon cursola 2x

Kinda realized how broken Cursola is, when I think about it. Only that small bit on the bottom is corporeal, and nobody's gonna realize that right away. If you can't hit ghosts, you aim for what looks to be its body and become petrified as it drains your life force. If you can hit ghosts or realize that you can touch the coral bit at the bottom, you both die shortly later and force inconclusive.

There's also the fact that kicking G-Corsola = curse.

"Watch your step when wandering areas oceans once covered. What looks like a stone could be this Pokémon, and it will curse you if you kick it."

Yeah, that's the part of them being visual projections. I asked about that but no one responded

The forms we see are just holograms while the real Pokemon are somewhere within them, completely normal

They are "tangible" and certainly bigger than their base forms, the spatial manipulation is what transforms them into giants.

Dude, since the interview has a humorous tone, they don't give serious answers and Ohmori directly says he doesn't have much idea of how it works I think we should take that statement as a grain of salt, especially considering that almost every description of Gigantamax pokémon completely contradicts the affirmation that they are """""holograms""""".

So many broken Pokémon.

I can't wait for the Sinnoh remakes if THIS kinda shit is what we have to look forward to.

I wonder what broken gimmick they can think of mext for a good percentage of pokémon to have access to.

NeoZex6399 said:
Dude, since the interview has a humorous tone, they don't give serious answers and Ohmori directly says he doesn't have much idea of how it works I think we should take that statement as a grain of salt, especially considering that almost every description of Gigantamax pokémon completely contradicts the affirmation that they are """""holograms""""".
Hologram wasn't the right word. I agree. But the image YOU presented states that it makes them "appear far larger than they truly are", which confirms the idea stated in the questionnaire of them creating a projection that APPEARS giant, while the Pokemon themselves are still normal size

Yep. But we'll probably get new Gigas with the presumed remakes next year.

Also kinda hoping Infinimax/Eternimax for Palkia/Dialga.

Lmao.Max Spatial Rend but it ignores defenses and moves like Protect and Palkia can set up a new Psychic Trap called Space Storm which is basically an effect that deals damage as long as people are within the storm of intense spatial distortion AND Palkia can learn moves that turn into Max Moves that lower Defense or whatever.

But no, Dynamaxing, much more Gigantamaxing a legendary would just be uber powerful and so stupidly broken. It's why Eternamax Eternatus ain't playable.

G-Max Time Crush. Ton of raw damage and all that jazz and sets up a time distortion where as long as it's up (lasts 5 turns), there's a 50% chance the opponent's move will just be time skipped.

Yeah, there's a reason I didn't wanna touch on Dialga's potential. That thing has the most potential to be super hax in the remakes.

Hell, Giratina causing a unique status effect due to exposure to antimatter or legit just straight up having an ability that can potentially OHKO no mmatter the Pokémon would also be fitting.

And then let's not even touch upon what they could do with Llama God. We could actually see his Thousand Arms in the new giant form and he's obviously a boss so a broken ability like Judgement gets turned into Existence Erasure or something that OHKOs any 'mon. Though if we had to impose limits, maybe he has to set up a Plate between turns and then also has a cooldown after using his bullshit attack and also can use any move he wants like a kind of Metronome but he can actually choose it.

Would be a difficult Raid Boss, but isn't that what people want? Difficulty? Ability to tackle this challenge with friends possibly? Ugh. But it won't happen.

G-Max Arceus is all types at once, its form lasts forever, and it gains a new ability that makes it immune to Rock-type.

The real cal howard said:
G-Max Arceus is all types at once, its form lasts forever, and it gains a new ability that makes it immune to Rock-type.
Or better yet: An ability that's a mixture between a preemptive Color Change and Protean.

About to get attacked? Switch to a type that resists/is immune. About to attack? Free STAB.

But nah. I kinda want the Primal forms to return. It'd be a nod to Dialga from Mystery Dungeon and would also make sense for Arceus since it apparently has had a different form.

Back