• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH Thread 3: Ruby and Sapphire... oh wait! [SPOILER]

Foxthefox1000 said:
It was only calculated to Large Mountain-Country level?
I mean, I expected country but Large Mountain is prettt low so the high-end should definitely be used for better scaling with the other legends.
Large Mountain-Island

It's better for him to declare him equal to Shaymin.

Shouldn't we scale him to other Gigantimax Pokemon? Isn't he the reason they can do it in the first place? He also dynamaxed multiple wild Pokemon in the darkest day.

Adem Warlock69 said:
Shouldn't we scale him to other Gigantimax Pokemon? Isn't he the reason they can do it in the first place? He also dynamaxed multiple wild Pokemon in the darkest day.
Eternal Eternatus would definitely scale to the other Gigantamax Pokemon.

The next Gigantamax Pokemon profile that needs to be added is Corviknight. It should have been done before any other one was, so we could link to it.

HenryWong122 said:
The next Gigantamax Pokemon profile that needs to be added is Corviknight. It should have been done before any other one was, so we could link to it.
If no one else is doing it currently, I can work on it. I may not be able to upload it until later today, but I can do the profile.

Why doesn't Corviknight fighting a Lugia count as an outlier feat? Its pretty much the same as Pikachu being able to take out a Latios. I mean if we are to include Gigantamax pokemon, then I suggest we just multiply their base AP by however many times they are bigger. Or we could just say (Likely far higher)

Rtxthegamer said:
Why doesn't Corviknight fighting a Lugia count as an outlier feat? Its pretty much the same as Pikachu being able to take out a Latios. I mean if we are to include Gigantamax pokemon, then I suggest we just multiply their base AP by however many times they are bigger. Or we could just say (Likely far higher)
Corviknight has not fought Lugia. This pokedex entry from Pokemon Sword, (Imbued with Gigantamax energy, its wings can whip up winds more forceful than any a hurricane could muster. The gusts blow everything away.) is what gives all Gigantamax Pokemon Country level.

Yeah... It's been brought up several times that it's a flawed scaling. Until we get more stuff from the anime, it's an okayish scaling.

This is the reason "Imbued with Gigantamax energy, its wings can whip up winds more forceful than any a hurricane could muster. The gusts blow everything away."

According to This page Hurricanes are considered 8-A, High 7-C with cloud formation.

This places any Gigantamax at High 7-C, at least.

However, Lugia is considered to be 6-B due to its 40-day storm feat (calculation Here ). If Corviknight's winds are more 'forceful' than 'any' Hurricane, this should also include Lugia's Hurricanes that are 6-B.

Thus, I believe if we were to take this dex entry seriously, every Gigantamax should scale to being at least 6-B.

Overlord775 said:
Lugia is said to make storms, not hurricanes, so Corvonite scaling to him makes no sense
This, and also, I think that statement is somewhat over exaggerated. It's just trying to say that it is a powerful hurricane. It honestly just sounds like a hyperbole tbh.

Narutoforums is where we get some formulas and how to discover the vallues for Frag, V. Frag, Pulv, etc. We based alot of calcs here from there

too bad a lot of calcs from there got added despite people having a problem with them most of the time.

Well, the same could be said from some calcs here, where some have evaluation for one end, but they choose the highest anyway, or when the calcs are not evaluated at all

yeah but those are usually quickly found and corrected, NF is the worst offender the lugia calc eval wasn't even finished as they were waiting for someones input and the calc got added anyway like....WHAT?

Well because Lugia makes hurricanes, those hurricanes are comparable to his storms, as all he did to make this 40 day storm is flapping his wings,I think that's why they scale.

Adem Warlock69 said:
Well because Lugia makes hurricanes, those hurricanes are comparable to his storms, as all he did to make this 40 day storm is flapping his wings,I think that's why they scale.
1. No Pokedex entry mentions Lugia creating hurricanes NOR he can even naturally even learn the move Hurricane

2. Nothing would imply his hurricanes would make a feat equal to the 40-days storms

So Gigantamax isn't 6-B. I figured but others were so sure

At the least they should maybe scale somewhat to the Darkest Day? Eternatus did that in base if I recall and they're all essentially being powered by it's power, which would leave a cap of Island level? I dunno.

I think someone calced it?

another piece of (albeit vague) evidence is Gigantamax Copperajah, who can "level mountains and change the landscape" if its power was released

Back