• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stamina: A veritable clustertruck

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he could fight 15 rounds without a noticeable performance drop, as far as I understand it.

Code:
*[[wikipedia:Rocky Marciano|Rocky Marciano]] (A less ambiguous example, Rocky could box for 15 rounds without any significant drop in performance)

?

That seems fine to me. Thank you for helping out.

Thank you.

Is there anything left to do here?

I have an example for pain tolerance if that's okay to add?

The Doctor survived his own bespoke torture chamber for around 4.5 billion years and remembers it all. This involved constantly escaping a creature with minimal rest and dragging his dying body for over a day to continue the loop.

Stamina is one of the section of a profile, pretty much like AP, LS and Speed, is not a power or ability that requires examples of fictional characters.

Stamina is one of the section of a profile, pretty much like AP, LS and Speed, is not a power or ability that requires examples of fictional characters.
We already have examples on there

Okay.

What do the rest of you think about this?
Some out of an explanation or detailing of the categories, at least, is necessary. Categories are far too vague at the moment.

Also, can somebody write a list of the staff members who have contributed to this thread previously, so I can send them a notification, please?

I believe Mori's asking for simply elaboration in the categories we currently have, but this does that. A lot of stamina stuff can sort of just be figured out fairly easily.

Ah yes I believe I was going to bring up the whole "adding examples" thing but seems that was already added.

Not sure if Gage's a peak human feat, that's just sheer stupid luck.

The other is fine though if you just write out a little description for it, I'm kinda wiped out on this stuff

There should be no such level:
  • Regenerative: characters whose stamina is regenerative in nature, meaning that they gather energy to keep fighting from an external source, or somehow automatically produce energy within themselves. Note that possessing a regenerative factor does not mean that the stamina is regenerative. For example, Dragon Ball Z's Perfect Cell can regenerate from a single surviving cell, but it possesses a limited amount of energy and ki.

That's not how it works, no. Regeneration is unrelated unless it runs out when stamina does.

Are you guys sure we shouldn't add anymore levels? I mean, I still think we should add Above Average and Nigh-Infinite, but I'll go with whatever everyone else thinks.

Are you guys sure we shouldn't add anymore levels? I mean, I still think we should add Above Average and Nigh-Infinite,
Above Average? Maybe, but do you have any feats in mind? Otherwise I think Athletic covers it just fine.

Nigh-Infinite can refer to any period of time and so on, too ambiguous. Same goes for Godlike and the stuff.

Yes, I think that the current system that Promestein set up is fine, given how hard it is to gauge stamina exactly with Massively FTL+ time compression involved and the like.

Are you guys sure we shouldn't add anymore levels? I mean, I still think we should add Above Average and Nigh-Infinite, but I'll go with whatever everyone else thinks.
We have already told you several times, that no, we do not require more levels. Please stop responding if you have nothing else to add.

Above Average? Maybe, but do you have any feats in mind? Otherwise I think Athletic covers it just fine.

Nigh-Infinite can refer to any period of time and so on, too ambiguous. Same goes for Godlike and the stuff.
Well, there is this; plus I've heard this from wikis:
  • At best the walking distance is for the average with the maximum being four miles or jogging past 4 to 8 miles in 30 to 55 minutes.
  • This kind of person able to jog reasonable distances before becoming tired. Are able to exercise on a regular basis and complete a full workout routine with some difficulty.
@Crabwhale Also, I was about to reply to KLOL with this if you'd only let me finish rather than rudely intervine.

Last edited:
What I said still stands. Timing be inconvenient as it may, you don't have a place in a staff thread unless: a) you're a vital contributor or b) you've gotten permission from a staff member.

What I said still stands. Timing be inconvenient as it may, you don't have a place in a staff thread unless: a) you're a vital contributor or b) you've gotten permission from a staff member.
@Crabwhale I understand, but you didn't have to give such a stern demeanor just to get your point across. I did at least give you guys one more stamina level after all, did I not?

Anyway for Jacques Roellinger:

Survived getting shot, cut and stabbed numerous times, getting tortured by burning splinters of wood on his chest, having a fragment of an exploding shell embedded in his thigh, having his lungs damaged by a passing bullet, getting bayonetted through the liver and diaphragm, and finally being shot right through the jaw. His only lingering ill effect was a stiff knee.

@Promestein How does that sound? I know it's a bit long but I felt like I had to get it all on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back