• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skeptical that starfighters can tank thermal detonators; Gideon's personal Tie Fighter was taken down by a couple of thermal detonators, and a thermal detonator did this much damage to the Millennium Falcon.

8V6ubTM.jpg

It is mentioend that Eta-2 Light Interceptor tanked a Pistoeka sabotage droid self-destruction, but in the scene we don't see the droid exploding and the scene can be interpreted as damaged components exploding.

Agree that there isn't sufficient evidence that lightsabers gets tier upgrade from being used by a Force user. From my previous CRT, the more popular revisions seems to be 'at least Large Building level+' or 'unknown', so they can be voted on next thread.

The argument for Palpatine's feat being Island level is less about direct damage and more about it bypassing capital ship shields. There is a chance upcoming lightning/heat revisions would make the feat unusable for normal AP, but for now there should be evidence that Force Lightning acts on shields as an ion cannon would.
Obviously agree with Force dyad being an amp as I argued for it in the previous thread; the Force dyad is a legendary power that Palpatine was lusting after during the Prequels (and the reason the Sith created the Rule of Two, I hate this retcon), so it goes without saying that it upgrades his base power. Furthermore, Rey attributed the lightning feat to her and Ben's stolen power. The planet being a nexus for Dark Side might be an other amp for Palpatine; he also drew upon the power of previous Sith Lords, and there is no indication he could this during the Prequels.

I agree that the weakness of plantoid shields shouldn't be extrapolated to capital ships, as the shields are made for different purposes; stopping projectiles vs stopping ships from leaving or entering the area around the planetoid (unless they use a Hyperdrive near large objects which is dangerous, unless the pilot has plot armor).
The issue with the Holdo maneuver isn't the concept of high-speed ramming, but that it is overpowered; it split the Supremacy and destroyed at least a dozen Star Destroyers. Hyperdrive projectiles being unblockable one-shot attacks warrants them being mass produced, which would make large capital ships and large stationary bases obsolete. The novelizations and Rise of Skywalker threw in reasons for why such an effective tactic would be rare; the novelization said that the power is due to a chain reaction from the Raddus' experimental prototype shield that created streams of plasma, and Rise of Skywalker just said that it is a one-in-a-million thing (despite Hux recognizing the maneuver and panicking). Either way, it would not be applicable for KE calculation.

For non-canon ships, I think it would be reasonable to use feats from the Originals and Prequels, since the EU is built on at least one of them. Also the page should indicate that the ship is an EU/Legends ship.

Skeptical that starfighters can tank thermal detonators; Gideon's personal Tie Fighter was taken down by a couple of thermal detonators, and a thermal detonator did this much damage to the Millennium Falcon.
Much of the head canon Hop has is that these are not the same kind of attack. For instance, one is a fragmentation explosive, that is directly on the the metal of the ship, and a typical blast from a ship, is usually shrugged off. Not because of difference of the AP, but because the shield is being negated due to the fact it was placed upon the ship physically, making contact "underneath" the shields.

A ship's lasers and cannons must penetrate the shield to get to the metal. Then again without shielding there is a base level of durability that should shrug off small arms fire, but not other vehicles and lightsabers, etc.

@Soldier Blue Thanks for the input.

RE: If my memory serves me correctly, this is from the Lost Stars novel.

I kind of guessed that from the beginning, but they don't say that the Executor's armour can take damage that would destroy an I-SD, just that it could survive a ton of damage due to its massive size.
  • What registered as minor damage on a Super Star Destroyer could mean the demolition of two entire decks down for a few thousand meters—and all the people stationed on those decks.
RE: During the Battle of Jakku, a Starhawk-class battleship blasts the Executor-class SSD Ravager with her cannons, but the SSD presses on. During the closing stages of the battle of the Mako-Ta spacedocks, Jan Dodonna's flagship (Republic, an MC80A Home One type star cruiser) blasts the Executor's hull directly with everything she has. But the Executor doesn't appear to suffer major damage.

What happens is that the Starhawk utilises all its weapons to make a chasm in the Ravager's shields. The shield damage was minor and could be closed by diverting reactor power.

Edit: The Starhawk actually did shot the Ravager through its shields, but it dealt massive damage. It's unlikely a weakened barrage from a Starhawk could outright destroy an I-SD since even an MC80 Star Cruiser was mostly intact after a similarly powerful barrage.
  • The exchange of destruction is a mighty one. The Concord’s barrage slams into the Ravager, ripping a hole in the side of the gargantuan ship with the ferocity of a biting, rending rancor. The injury is black and deep, but not fatal. And the dreadnought’s own weapons strike the Concord, slipping past what little is left of the deflector shields and punching clean through it. Oxygen whistles out into the void. Fire plumes as chemicals off-gas into space.

@ShadowWhoWalks

I'm not actually sure about the whole Eta-2 thing, either. I'd like some canon evidence that their explosions even are comparable to thermal detonators. That's definitely not self-destruction, either, which the episode guide (5th image) confirms. V-wings can also be destroyed by Buzz Droids that are actually specified as explosive variants.
  • Vader saw several latch on to a V-wing as it flew through them. They scurried onto the wings and canopy and exploded, shearing a wing, shattering the canopy, and destroying the fighter.

The bombs were placed between the cockpit and solar panels, which are explicitly weak points on TIEs. The second is likely an outlier (or his thermal detonators are enhanced) given how significantly less durable AT-DPs and Boba's armour can survive Thermal Detonators. The MF has also tanked hits from a couple TIE/Fo fighters without any deflector shielding (confirmed by the novel).

For non-canon ships, I think it would be reasonable to use feats from the Originals and Prequels, since the EU is built on at least one of them. Also the page should indicate that the ship is an EU/Legends ship.

Also the Clone Wars. One feat that does come to mind is the Slave I blowing up asteroids, but there's feats both far more and far less impressive than this in Legends canon.

The issue with the Holdo maneuver isn't the concept of high-speed ramming, but that it is overpowered; it split the Supremacy and destroyed at least a dozen Star Destroyers. Hyperdrive projectiles being unblockable one-shot attacks warrants them being mass produced, which would make large capital ships and large stationary bases obsolete. The novelizations and Rise of Skywalker threw in reasons for why such an effective tactic would be rare; the novelization said that the power is due to a chain reaction from the Raddus' experimental prototype shield that created streams of plasma, and Rise of Skywalker just said that it is a one-in-a-million thing (despite Hux recognizing the maneuver and panicking).

Technically, the Malevolence set that precedent. My point is that the movie is using canon and this shouldn't really be a criticism. However, this isn't really part of the thread, just a pet peeve.

Last edited:
I was talking about the site wide revisions of separating force and heat on character profiles.

But even if it's not implemented yet it's best to avoid heat-related feats unless that thread is fully rejected I guess, or they'll have to be removed in a few months and changed again.

Anakin has a pretty significant difference in AOTC and ROTS, so there's at least that imo.

Ok. I'm not sure then.

I know, AoTC would probably combine with the Clone Wars, which is began in the same year. ROTS Anakin far eclipses Clone Wars-era Anakin, who's likely similar in power to Obi-Wan.

Last edited:
Didn't Anakin go from getting toyed with by Dooku in AOTC to kinda matching him already on Tatooine in their first animated fight? But then in ROTS, Anakin and Obi-Wan are kinda getting overwhelmed by Dooku at first (I guess Dooku grew stronger too) and Anakin beat him only after tapping into the Dark Side.

The Clone Wars is kinda a long time tbh.

Unlike Legends, there's no indication that he was holding back in the first fight, just no match in combat. If anything, he was also toying with Anakin in that the Clone Wars film.

The Clone Wars movie was months after AoTC, IIRC. Late Clone Wars Anakin is way more powerful, though.

Edit: Dooku says his training has come a long way, but he's still effortlessly overpowered by a casual force push.

Basically, AoTC Anakin < Clone Wars Film Anakin < Clone Wars Series Anakin < Late Clone Wars < RoTS Anakin. Uninjured Vader is even stronger.

Last edited:
Well it can be reasonably be assumed given Dooku was continuously taunting both Anakin and Obi-Wan in that fight and seems relatively effortless in his attacks.

He seems tired after their one-on-one duel, and makes no remarks. However, Anakin could have been rage boosted in AoTC, IDK. It's worth noting that Obi-Wan was far more easily overpowered.

Last edited:
So is there any consensus regarding what should be added here yet?

There's some disagreements with scaling them. So far, there's too much contention to perform any edits.

Shadow has some stuff. I've also realised my scaling is kind of strange.

Does anyone have evidence that old Kenobi is more powerful than RoTS Kenobi? Should Dooku fighting Yoda also be considered a complete outlier/Yoda holding back given how Sidious can effortlessly overpower him?

Last edited:
Well we had a big discussion on your thread about how Dooku and co should scale to an extent, although most of the evidence seemed to be Legends.

Holding his own against Vader, but I don't think anything else.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion. Alternately, a staff member can use the @Username notification system.

If Vader no longer has the possibly 7-A on his page, why does Luke still for his RoTJ and Sequel keys?

I think the ship downgrades would be way easier.

Some of the explanations are also in the previous blog, which is in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back