• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both resist Heat so physical strikes don't do much, but Stella's Phantom form kinda screws Cinder over.

I mean in that case what’s special about it? Sounds less efficient than just cutting off limbs if they can stamina their way through it.

also pain/HP based stuff works weird on Dynamaxed mons anyway. It works, it just has different mechanics.

I have no idea what any of that is supposed to mean

Gigantamax, from what the profile is saying, is meant to remove the effects of an attack on the user, probably would be useful if it is used before Phantom Form actually hits, but I have no idea how it attacks or if it is self applied, neither of which is elaborated on, of course assuming either of this and Cinder doesn't actually applies this first and she gets hit with phantom form under some capacity, she would be knocked out, unless she can bear the pain of what a human would experience in burning to death. Yes I am aware Cinder resists fire but I don't think feeling the pain of a person burning alive and just hitting something with fire is the same thing.

Secondly Stamina or willpower doesn't really do shit to Phantom Form in any capacity, Ikki can willpower through shit like his Device breaking and still keep fighting, something no one else in the series has done up to this point, Phantom Form still works on him. Thirdly, I heavily doubt that because something works like it does in Pokemon means it will apply to other verses. That has been discussed repeatedly on many other threads.

One Hit Kill is a ridiculously vague power, so much so it was literally removed from the wiki as a power, so saying that it can stop OHKO so it will stop Phantom Form is kinda strange. So really, why would Gigantimax stop Phantom form and how is it applied?

Last edited:
Beheading, impalement, being dropped down a fissure, and absolute zero are ohko moves, and they don’t work on Dynamax. Even death manipulation through Perish Song and linking your own passing to the passing of someone else has it not work. Basically if it causes you to be knocked out right away w/o raw damage, it fails.

None of those actually kill their enemy (AZ is also useless against someone who radiates fire), Phantom form makes you feel pain that would actually kill you.

I'm assuming its passive judging by your description of it, of course, having resistance to one thing doesn't mean resisting the other and you even said yourself pain stuff works in an earlier post.

Back