• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stop hitting yourself Joseph !

It's been several days since Old Joseph took a lead by 7/8. This can be added, correct?

Young Joseph is physically faster, stronger, smarter, and has better Hamon and equipment.

He still loses, because the Golden Oldie has Hermit Purple. It's a weak Stand, but what's often forgotten is Stands can only be harmed or interacted with by other Stands. In other words, if Oldie gets one single HP vine around Young Joseph's ankle or wrist, he literally can't move. He can't fight it whatsoever. He could be as strong as the Hulk (theoretically) and still be perfectly roped in place. For this reason, with speed equalized, even Part 4 Joseph would probably beat Young Joseph.

I know this is a bit of a necro, but I'm just trying to get this thread closed and the victory added. My vote goes to the world champion GILF.

Stevethebarbarian said:
Young Joseph is physically faster, stronger, smarter, and has better Hamon and equipment.
He still loses, because the Golden Oldie has Hermit Purple. It's a weak Stand, but what's often forgotten is Stands can only be harmed or interacted with by other Stands. In other words, if Oldie gets one single HP vine around Young Joseph's ankle or wrist, he literally can't move. He can't fight it whatsoever. He could be as strong as the Hulk (theoretically) and still be perfectly roped in place. For this reason, with speed equalized, even Part 4 Joseph would probably beat Young Joseph.

I know this is a bit of a necro, but I'm just trying to get this thread closed and the victory added. My vote goes to the world champion GILF.
While I agree that Hermit Purple is a huge edge that makes up for any of Old's drawbacks, that's a bit of an overestimation. It's generally accepted that non-Stand users cannot HARM Stands, yes, but it's not quite like that. Somebody who is stronger than a Stand could still resist said Stand. Hermit Purple, for example, could wrap around somebody without one and remain unharmed, but they could still pull free if their own strength is higher.

But that being said, the fact that HP is most likely invisible to Young is likely good enough to keep this as a big advantage. He'd take too long to pick up on what's happening, and one good binding is enough for Old to overload him with Hamon.

This already had 7+ votes for Old Joseph with a majority, it just wasn't added because there wasn't really a way it could appear on Joseph's profile.

Which is a shame. Being able to pit two different versions of a character against each other seems like a fun concept. But I imagine mods would prefer not to give a character a win and a loss against themselves.

Back