• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Storm Speed revision (Stormcaster and Hadari Yao Key?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In recent Wakanda Forver Malice using her magic made a Storm mimic that actually got stronger than her. Please key note that Storm was holding back.

RCO021-1

Here above she blitzes the mimic with wind alone.

RCO018-1

Here she reacts fast enough to counter a wind attack from her counterpart. It has been shown that her winds are just as fast as Cyclops' beams and lightning.

Sjasfiojasgjsadgijasiodjg

Here Storm strikes the mimic with a lightning bolt. The mimic also fires one back. Storm reacted fast enough to help deflect the bolt.

Here Storm leaves the battle to check on her friends. The next exact page Mimic shoots a lightning bolt at Storm friends. Storm ran, reacted and deflected the bolt. She did this unaided by her powers such as wind or lightning.

Stormcaster Key should be made. She still has the hammer. A Key for her goddess form should be made too.

You need a calculation blog for her feat of reacting to lightning.

I suppose that a Stormcaster key might work, but I do not know if it enhances her abilities to the same degree as Thor at his higher peaks, nor if it gives her vast superhuman strength, or just energy projection.

Is this consistent with other physically low-powered profiles?

Antvasima said:
Is this consistent with other physically low-powered profiles?
Storm scales to Cyclops who scales to Wolverine who scales to Captain America and Daredevil.

So Storm scales to Mach 7748.26.

Okay. I will unlock the page for you. Tell me here when you are done.

Antvasima said:
Okay. I will unlock the page for you. Tell me here when you are done.
Done. Thanks.

As for the new found feats, we shall wait for a calculation blog.

Okay. Storm quickly lost the hammer again though, so it does not seem relevant.

Perhaps we should close this thread?

No, sorry. It isn't a major feature for her character.

It has been since the 1980's mainstream and alternative realities.

Spiderman having the uni power was never part of his character, but he still has a key for it.

Well, I suppose that you have a point. Was it ever stated that her physical statistics increased to Thor's level, or was it just her weather manipulation? From what I remember, Loki effortlessly caught her hammer when she threw it at him.

It was both. She was able to match his speed and take actual attacks and blows from him when the hammer took control of him.

To Clarify her level even more

She was able to defeat Hela with the hammer

In X-men gold she oneshotted a god with lightning, who was remaker of worlds. He was thrown in a blackhole and easily stepped out unharmed. This same God defeated Annihilus, Meggan, Captain Britian, Magik and the x-men.

She later fought the god of death, who was tanking the very same lightning that oneshotted the other god. Which means this god is stronger. She had to fight him physically and at full power.

Also she needs a key for BloodStorm that's mainstream now. It's basically Storm same powers, but also the powers of vampires.

She did not defeat Hela. She only managed to hurt Hela by collaborating with other X-Men.

Anyway, I suppose that a 4-B "with stombreaker" rating seems reasonable then.

Actually her lightning was hurting Hela then cyclops adding his energy beams to it.

So Storm asgardian form get a key. Does her Bloodstorm form does too? It's now in mainstream and apart of the X-men.

Bloodstorm was killed off and only a temporary unimportant pointless character. It should not be included.

She died in Extermination #1. She's alive and well from mutant X

The writer Cullen Bunn stated the Bloodstorm in Extermination is not the same one in Mutant x. That only is from s different reality.

also Bloodstorm in X-men blue appeared for more than 10 issues and she was important. So she wasn't unimportant

Well, the character is still pointless and unimportant.

You can add Stormbreaker statistics if you wish. Afterwards we can close this thread.

I can add it. Have you read the last X-men? The writers have confirmed that Storm is an actual goddess on panel. Her goddess form has now entered into X-men mainstream comics from current Black Panther series from a few months ago.

One of the writers even went on Twitter to confirm that It is her actual goddess powers from BP, that she get by invoking the Elder god Oshtur.
Fstwetwaetawet

6457e46856858578

X-man/Legion with fused powers made Storm one of his horseman.

When she broke free she used her goddess power to weakened the both of them, and the telepaths went in for an open.

Keep in mind the telepaths weren't able to use their telepathy on X-man/legion until Goddess Storm weaken them.

RCO017 1547687216

RCO018 1547687216

RCO019 1547687216

RCO020 1547687216

Also keep in mind that when Legion/X-man possessed her, non of the x-men could stop her. The battle involved some of the biggest powerhouses such as Apcoalypse, Magneto, Iceman, Jean, Meggan, Dazzler, Polaris, and indicated Storm was the only one powerful enough to affect him.

She also stomped magneto, who later needed to be revived by X-man power.

This proves her Hadari Yao goddess, who perserves the balance of all natural things is not PIS or a one thing thing as you said a few months ago when I tried for an upgrade and key.

This has now appeared in multiple issues of the current black panther, crossed into Shuri solo series, and now mainstream X-men.

I think she deserves her upgrade form this form and key.

You can add her Stormbreaker powers if you wish, but unless it was stated in the comicbook itself that she is permanently empowered by Oshtur, and we have more consistent feats to scale from, we have to treat this incident as a plot induced stupidity outlier (probably due to that everything in Marvel has to be "progressive" propaganda nowadays).

There are literally a lot of Marvel characters on this site with power and forms that were not permanent. They still have keys and tiers. I'm confused. I can name about 15 right off the bat.

The thing is Oshtur favored Storm ancestors and have them powers since they worshipped her. Her ancestors were sorceresses and priestesses that were given power by Oshtur. Which explains why multiple people from down the line were Sorcerer Supreme.

Feats with her form

1.When she achieved the form she stopped a while living storm formed by a Wakandan god.

2. She became apart of the Orisha (Which includes powerful gods like elder god thoth and Wakandan god Bast)

3..Adversary puts Storm under a huge pile of rocks to keep her down. He know she was a threat because the first time they fought. He stated that her spiritual energy was massive. Which plays a huge part which the stories are now connected.

4. Adversary defeated the Orisha, which contained an Elder God (Thoth) with his reconnecting feats He is universe level with his own powers and can reach Roma the multiversal guardian level. Storm was able to over power him. He also has the power to enter any plane or dimesion in exstience.

5. Powered the Grootboom tree and sent Shuri astral form into space light years away

6. She stomped all the X-men who challenged her.

7. The only person able to affect with their X-man, who is on par with dark phoenix, and Legion was is one of the most powerful mutant together when no could. This mean meggan, Magneto, Jean, Ice Man, Dazzler, Polaris, Apocalyse were not powerful enough.

Uihiuhiuhhuiih

Here she mentions Oshtur name with her new powers.

Here Black Panther says her divine power is beyond mutation. It is pass down from her ancestors.

Defeating the Adversary is definitely an outlier, as it makes absolutely no rational sense outside of the bias of the writer, who is thoroughly mired in identity politics. Otherwise Storm would be able to easily destroy and recreate universes.

Also, X-Man is nowhere near as powerful as the Phoenix Force, and in addition Marvel writers are ridiculously inconsistent in terms of matchup results. They usually only depend on the whims and preferences of the writers.

However, was Storm's "goddess" power-up treated as permanent? If so, we could maybe upgrade her later when we know more about this.

Anyway, I am extremely tired of all the neverending Storm discussions. I would prefer if you just give her a new "With Stormbreaker" statistics key and are satisfied with that for the moment.

1. I mean her power is the god of preserves all the balance between all natural things. It's not her regular power she gifted with when she defeated him. She defeated him with elder god powers. Oshtur is much stronger than Gaea. Gaea with a small portion of power empowered Hercules and he operated on a level he never did before. By this logic wouldn't Hercules, Kitty Pryde, Rogue, and more be outlier too? Now I understand if this was standard Storm power operating on this level because that would be a massive outlier but it's not.

2. I said Dark Phoenix like Jean, who has solar system level feats. Even then X-man still has feats of fightning Cable and Apocalyse.

3. So far it is appeared into several issues of Black Panther, cross into Shuri solo series, and now it reached X-men uncanny. Black Panther stated on panel the power is deeper than any mutation and is passed along through ancestors. Storm was able to unlock it.

She now has several feats with this form by calling upon Oshtur like Doctor Strange does to her too, but yet it's still an outlier.

1) Oshtur and Gaea are both elder gods, and likely comparable, but we definitely won't scale them to High 1-B from full power Mikaboshi.

2) Matchup results are extremely unreliable when it comes to Marvel Comics, as the entire point of the setting is that anybody can beat anybody depending on the whims of the writers, which is why we need consistency, and sudden power-ups are unreliable to scale from without further context.

3) How many times has she called upon Oshtur for power? I did not see her do this in the X-Man fight.

Again, you are asking that we should scale Storm from two single instances that strongly contradict her otherwise established power level, even though we have a page that specifically urges us to be careful regarding this, and go by consistency instead. We cannot give this character special treatment just because you like it a lot.

That said, if she now has a new permanent ability to call upon Oshtur's full power, that would be a 2-C power-up, if it followed the old Marvel standards.

However, nowadays Dormammu and the Vishanti are presented as far less powerful.

I wouldn't say full power from Oshtur. She just favored Storm ancestors enough to give them powers. But her highest feat is defeating Adversary and hurting X-man/legion fused.

Adversary power ranges from universal to Roma the multiversal guardian level As a fetus had dimensional travel and pocket dimensions he created his own demon like universe wanted to destroy 616 universe and create a new one Roma stated the 616 universe can't live without him Has the power to enter any plane or dimension in existence Demon of the highest order and battled Roma twice (though I don't know her level because she's on par with her father. when he faked his death, he was manipulating the multiverse with his own power)

^^^ not only that his story is reconnected

She was the only one in the battle field to affect X-man/Legion fused. The entire battle ground was field with powerhouses too. She didn't defeated them but her power hurt both of them to the point it took them apart.

She supercharged a special tree in Shuri solo series to send Shuri astral form into light years into space. With just one lightning bolt

Well, that same story both had regular X-Men characters able to inconvenience X-Man, never had him display any feats beyond tier 6 at best, with everybody else acting impressed about it, and had him overpower Legion, who has legitimately demonstrated Low 2-C level feats. The scaling is all over the place and is entirely dependent on Plot-Induced Stupidity, not coherent logic.

Anyway, with nothing concrete or coherent to scale from, I would much prefer to not give Storm some very unreliable guesswork rating, and rather just give her an extra Stormbreaker key and then close this.

My patience with you and this neverending topic is at an end. I am too tired and busy to deal with it anymore. You can either give her a 4-B Stormbreaker key, after which we close this, or do nothing, and we close this thread anyway. It is up to you to choose.

What?

1. X-man didn't overpower legion. He took over Legion mind (like he did storm) and fused his powers with Legions'. Which is why no one could stop them. It took Storm affecting them so the telepaths would work.

2. When X-man bond was broken he literally killed all the X-men with his TK. I'm pretty sure that's way above tier 6.

3. It's still consistent high end feats with her goddess power

umm I don't know what I did wrong but I only brought the topic up because she has feats.

I see characters on here who have keys for only one feat they have shown. Everything I show consistent feats and statements. You have a problem with that and I don't get it.

Okay. My apologies if I overreacted. I am very tired of arguing about this month in and month out in different threads, when I have lots of other tasks to do. It never seems to end thanks to your relentless persistence.

Anyway, the scale of X-Man's practical feats during the story were pretty small scale, and the X-Men were still very impressed, so this does not seem to have been a writer who used their full scale.

Similarly, Legion could just have rewritten the timeline so X-Man or everybody else who opposed him did not exist anymore, but was still treated as inferior to X-Man.

Mainly, we do not have enough consistency for Storm's possible new power-up to reliably give her a specific rating. Marvel is ridiculously inconsistent in terms of character power levels and matchup results, as you can see here, and we need more to go on before allowing drastically higher statistics than previously.

Can we please end this now? Because I am never going to budge regarding our fundamental rules for scaling Marvel characters, as it would result in even street level characters at High 1-B and 1-A if we took all scaling chains literally, and didn't take outliers and inconsistencies into account.

Just give Storm the 4-B Stormbreaker statistics, show some patience, and wait until we know more. I cannot continue to repeat myself over and over and over, year in and year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back