• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Storm Speed revision (Stormcaster and Hadari Yao Key?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. My apologies if I overreacted. I am very tired of arguing about this month in and month out in different threads, when I have lots of other tasks to do. It never seems to end thanks to your relentless persistence.

Anyway, the scale of X-Man's practical feats during the story were pretty small scale, and the X-Men were still very impressed, so this does not seem to have been a writer who used their full scale.

Similarly, Legion could just have rewritten the timeline so X-Man or everybody else who opposed him did not exist anymore, but was still treated as inferior to X-Man.

Mainly, we do not have enough consistency for Storm's possible new power-up to reliably give her a specific rating. Marvel is ridiculously inconsistent in terms of character power levels and matchup results, as you can see here, and we need more to go on before allowing drastically higher statistics than previously.

Can we please end this now? Because I am never going to budge regarding our fundamental rules for scaling Marvel characters, as it would result in even street level characters at High 1-B and 1-A if we took all scaling chains literally, and didn't take outliers and inconsistencies into account.

Just give Storm the 4-B Stormbreaker statistics, show some patience, and wait until we know more. I cannot continue to repeat myself over and over and over, year in and year out.
Why do you keep ignoring freedomstar points and saying storm don't have feats with her new goddess form, yet characters like cyclops is a 1tier because of an Phoenix amp we know he won't ever have again. Scarlet witch doesn't even have the life force amp any more and her HOM feat has been reboot to planet level etc what's wrong with Storm who has more consistent high level feats then both cyclops and scarlet getting her actual props. Like you be so quick to ok all the other mutants one in a life time feats. Im not even trying to be rude but it seems like you have an bias towards storm as shes has multiple high end feats with her goddess form. also even though im new here i can tell that yall power level system is messed up as why does spiderman has uni power still? whats up with cable or with dr strange etc yall need to do better with yall little system.

So what are the arguments, exactly? That Storm should be Tier 1 and MHS+ or something?

The.keys part has been rejected multiple times, once more recently with the new rule regarding comics. Dk much about the speed part, but keys needs to have at least 10/15 appearances in canon.

So what are the arguments, exactly? That Storm should be Tier 1 and MHS+ or something?
No. Just add a new key phases or two:

Stormcaster Key should be made. A Key for her goddess form should be made too.
They are likely 4-B Thor level. Yet for another Marvel expert to approve.

And so whatever gets accepted will be added to the new key phases.

Iirc we had like 3 pages long thread that was closed few weeks ago about something similar. Iirc Her power ups aren't long lasting enough to get a key yet.

Actually, I think that her power-up has lasted for long enough to warrant a power-up key at this point, so the last thread was accepted, but Freedomstar and The_Impress kept arguing in a hostile manner, so it had to be closed.

However, this thread is a necro. If @Freedomstar creates a new thread, we can probably upgrade Storm to 2-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back