• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What issue?
In the blog, you said that due to the Martial Artists being able to talk while Suiryu and Choze were moving fast, the full distance can not be used.

I may be wrong, but this seems like an Appeal to Reality Fallacy.

Across multiple manga, comics, and shows (One-Punch Man included), characters have been able able to say entire sentences while having other characters be FTE to them.

One-Punch Man and One Piece just to name a few.

Characters being able to speak does not mean that calcing the distance can't be used. If that were the case, tens possibly hundreds of feats across the site would need to be scrapped and redone. The logic behind your reasoning seems very fallacious to me.

That's not an appeal to reality fallacy. It's literally the opposite, if anything.

The timeframe within the manga itself doesn't line up with the timeframe drawn from real life.

Like what? Where is someone who can't keep up speaking in between a massive blitz.

That's not an appeal to reality fallacy. It's literally the opposite, if anything.

The timeframe within the manga itself doesn't line up with the timeframe drawn from real life.

Like what? Where is someone who can't keep up speaking in between a massive blitz.
Your logic not being appeal to reality doesn't counter anything I said.

Hmm.
Since God decides what a limiter is and literally creates them according to Genus, and Garou is now his ”avatar”, does that mean Garou probably doesn’t have a limiter right now?

Remember, removing a limiter doesn’t automatically grant infinite power. It’s just a cap of the POTENTIAL growth they can achieve by training. But Garou now seems pretty confident in being able to get stronger and stronger simply by copying Saitama with no apparently downsides yet. 🤔

Hmmmm.

Your logic not being appeal to reality doesn't counter anything I said.
Your first comment above doesn't even counter anything to begin with.

Give an example of those 'tens, possibly hundreds' of FTE feats.

Also, it kind of does if you're explaining that fiction is different from reality.

Last edited:
Hmm.
Since God decides what a limiter is and literally creates them according to Genus, and Garou is now his ”avatar”, does that mean Garou probably doesn’t have a limiter right now?

Remember, removing a limiter doesn’t automatically grant infinite power. It’s just a cap of the POTENTIAL growth they can achieve by training. But Garou now seems pretty confident in being able to get stronger and stronger simply by copying Saitama with no apparently downsides yet. 🤔

Hmmmm.
Garou's limiter was kinda stated to have been broken already...

If we go by this then Garou and Platinum Sperm's light constellation manga timeframe of 1.3 milliseconds shouldn't be used, as it's contradicted by King noticing it happen, even though Normal Human Perception peaks at 130 milliseconds
Firstly, that's not based on a timeframe drawn from real life and applied to the manga. This is you attempting to create a contradiction by drawing comparisons to real life. If anything, this would actually support my point.

Secondly, he didn't notice them move, he noticed the glowing beams made by the constellation. The previous constellation also lasted longer than their movements alone, which is why everyone and their mums noticed it.

If we go by this then Garou and Platinum Sperm's light constellation manga timeframe of 1.3 milliseconds shouldn't be used, as it's contradicted by King noticing it happen, even though Normal Human Perception peaks at 130 milliseconds
To be fair, didn‘t Flashy, Garou and PS’s light constellation last a lot longer than just the timer? Seems the timer only started and stopped at certain times. Normal people were watching it, even on TV I think. I need to reread.

Secondly, King is noticing the glittering fragments created by Platinum Sperm's death.
page_21.png

"The light pattern in the sky is gone..."

The entire constellation lasted a long, long time. People were watching it on TV. Saitama and Genos had a casual conversation with it in the background. Etc etc…

To be fair, didn‘t Flashy, Garou and PS’s light constellation last a lot longer than just the timer? Seems the timer only started and stopped at certain times. Normal people were watching it, even on TV I think. I need to reread.
That just helps my point even more.

If we were to go by the notion that Garou and PS' timer was only showing the amount of time that it took to create the constellation, then we could do the same for Suiryu and Choze's.

Suiryu and Choze were completely FTE to the Martial Artists in that page. The part of the feat I calced was only on that page, and did not include the extra distance Suiryu and Choze moved afterwards.Thus, calcing the entire distance moved can and should be used.

Suiryu and Choze were completely FTE to the Martial Artists in that page. The part of the feat I calced was only on that page, and did not include the extra distance Suiryu and Choze moved afterwards.Thus, calcing the entire distance moved can and should be used.
I agree with this, i have no idea why this wasn’t done beforehand.
They moved that entire distance AND THEN we got a reaction from the crowd.

That just helps my point even more.

If we were to go by the notion that Garou and PS' timer was only showing the amount of time that it took to create the constellation, then we could do the same for Suiryu and Choze's.

This doesn't help your point even remotely. It likely does the exact opposite (showing that real life timeframes can't be applied to fiction), at best means the light generated constellation itself lasted longer than their movements (something evident by the fact that there's a constellation to begin with), and has literally nothing to do with the mechanics of the Suiryu and Choze feat (based on a real life timeframe that's contradicted by the story).
I agree with this, i have no idea why this wasn’t done beforehand.
They moved that entire distance AND THEN we got a reaction from the crowd.
The crowd moved during the event, and spoke while they still moved at FTE speeds. This is not retroactive.

This doesn't help your point even remotely. It likely does the exact opposite (showing that real life timeframes can't be applied to fiction), at best means the light generated constellation itself lasted longer than their movements (something evident by the fact that there's a constellation to begin with), and has literally nothing to do with the mechanics of the Suiryu and Choze feat (based on a real life timeframe that's contradicted by the story).
1. PS and Garou moved a specific distance in 13 milliseconds
2. Choze and Suiryu moved a specific distance in enough time to be FTE to the Martial artists in that moment (1/220 of a second)
The crowd moved during the event, and spoke while they still moved at FTE speeds. This is not retroactive.
They spoke after than page. I'm calcing the distance they moved during the moment they were FTE before the Martial Artists could speak.

1. PS and Garou moved a specific distance in 13 milliseconds
1. Choze and Suiryu didn't, and we're trying to draw a timeframe specifically from the characters themselves. So this is not relevant, especially since King only noticed the light generated by the constellation, not their movements.
2. Choze and Suiryu moved a specific distance in enough time to be FTE to the Martial artists in that moment (1/220 of a second)
2. Which is contradicted by them reacting to the events.
They spoke after than page.
They still spoke while FTE shit was occurring, and moved at least a little during the feat itself. One part of the feat happening before they spoke doesn't change the fact that they could still speak during a part that was also FTE.
I'm calcing the distance they moved during the moment they were FTE before the Martial Artists could speak.
I know what you're calcing, bruh. I already calculated it. What we disagree on is them scaling to the entire distance.

They moved? When?
They didn’t speak at all when they moved the initial distance, they traveled that entire distance, and then we get them questioning what just happened and then them stating they can’t see them at all.
Them speaking doesn’t suggest this doesn’t happen in a small timeframe, they could be making thousand more movements while they’re talking if anything. Point is, talking during the feat doesn’t suggest the initial distance happened while they could perceive the area

They still spoke while FTE shit was occurring
After the moment that's being calced.
and moved at least a little during the feat itself.
?
What we disagree on is them scaling to the entire distance.
The reason you disagree on calcing the entire distance is due to the Martial Artists speaking entire sentences. This is not an issue because they weren't able to speak during the moment that's being calced due to their speed and the timeframe they moved the distance they did (1/220 of a second).

You’re confusing yourself, them talking doesn’t contradict much of anything, a bullet is fte to a human but we can still make actions during that timeframe, why? Because it’s still traveling overtime and at some point it has been moving for so long that the time has amounted to something we can perceive.
The reason this is different is because they moved a set amount of distance before they let off any form of reaction or sign they could perceive the area. That’s the entire point of this feat, to showcase how fast they were in comparison to the other heroes. Nothing alludes to this happening while they could perceive the area

They moved? When?
They clearly move at least a little
They didn’t speak at all when they moved the initial distance, they traveled that entire distance, and then we get them questioning what just happened and then them stating they can’t see them at all.
For the last time, explicitly FTE shit was still going on while they were talking. Both events would supposedly happen in a 1/220th timeframe.
Them speaking doesn’t suggest this doesn’t happen in a small timeframe,
Perception speed is significantly faster than reaction speed, let alone speaking entire sentences that the other characters could react to.
they could be making thousand more movements while they’re talking if anything.
This isn't about tiny movements, it's about responding to stimuli and shit.
After the moment that's being calced.
Repeating irrelevant points doesn't make them less irrelevant.

Look at the first panel. In the third, they're reeling backwards a bit from the clash and not exactly where they were in the second.

Anyway, I don't see a point in listening to the same arguments.

@Therefir @Damage3245 What do you think?

Last edited:
What about the argument in general? Do you think we should apply the full movement to the timeframe?

Back