• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Groribas, Melzargard, and Geryuganshoop
vs.
Gouketsu, Black Sperm, and Gyoro Gyoro

All AP and speed equalized to Golden Sperm, Platinum Sperm allowed
good match or nah?

Because.
Y'all are OPM fans.
Also should I read/watch OPM?
It doesn't seem like my cup of tea but I'd try it if y'all suggest it.
What kind of story do you think it is? Just wondering because I feel like an outsider perspective might give the wrong impression. If you think it's a basic "punch hard kick fast" anime with no depth or complexity, that's a misinterpretation. Though sadly a lot of the fanbase has that view because they can't understand the layered writing of ONE. I love OPM but I wouldn't necessarily call it a masterpiece tbf, just really good.

Bottom row clears ngl
Yeah it's kind of a mismatch but I saw what he was going for. Melzalgard was fodder to the S-Class and relied on his regeneration to just stay alive for a while, the moment they learned about his weakness it was gg, even Iaian could react to him and cut his head off. Geryuganshoop is literally nothing without statements that don't get him very high among the S-Class tiers without some major highballing, and Groribas is literally featless, with his only statement being that he's the strongest of the 3 generals. Sadly the generals are kind of fodder due to the lack of info about two of them.

Yeah it's kind of a mismatch but I saw what he was going for. Melzalgard was fodder to the S-Class and relied on his regeneration to just stay alive for a while, the moment they learned about his weakness it was gg, even Iaian could react to him and cut his head off. Geryuganshoop is literally nothing without statements that don't get him very high among the S-Class tiers without some major highballing, and Groribas is literally featless, with his only statement being that he's the strongest of the 3 generals. Sadly the generals are kind of fodder due to the lack of info about two of them.
it's AP and speed equalized

it's AP and speed equalized
Oh. They still get low-mid diffed. Groribas has a chance of beating Gouketsu if his acid breath is really as strong as he thinks, but that's about it. Black Sperm's advantage of numbers overwhelms the enemies, and Gyoro Gyoro could 1v3 them all and win. Gyoro Gyoro and Black Sperm together just makes it unfair.

Groribas has a chance of beating Gouketsu if his acid breath is really as strong as he thinks, but that's about it.
Gouketsu range stomps using his shockwaves to defend against acid and to use as a distraction to sneak up behind Groribas and skill him to death.

Gouketsu and Groribas are both equally featless skill wise despite being both martial artists
I figured it's a good match cause of that.
Gouketsu was literally the champion of the previous Superfight tournament and Suiryu literally said Gouketsu was more skilled than himself. Gouketsu was also fairly good at ascertaining the strength of the fighters he came to recruit despite them being incomparably weaker than himself.

Is Groribas even a martial artist? Idk where you got that from but iirc he was only stated to be the strongest warrior of the Dark Matter Pirates.

Gouketsu range stomps using his shockwaves to defend against acid and to use as a distraction to sneak up behind Groribas and skill him to death.
Well I would agree but sadly we don't know how Gouketsu would fight in a serious match because he never had one so I can't really say for sure who I think would win in this.

Gouketsu was literally the champion of the previous Superfight tournament and Suiryu literally said Gouketsu was more skilled than himself. Gouketsu was also fairly good at ascertaining the strength of the fighters he came to recruit despite them being incomparably weaker than himself.

Is Groribas even a martial artist? Idk where you got that from but iirc he was only stated to be the strongest warrior of the Dark Matter Pirates.
Not even that I think, it was a mistranslation, he is just a "top combatant" like Melz and Geryu

Also Garou's little thumbnail on the OPM wiki page really needs an update. It still shows his WC Awakened mode and him with blonde hair which is no longer canon.

Cringe. People talk about that stuff everywhere, it's fun.
I'll leave it at this: If someone says something about the Pentagon hiding aliens, the Pentagon will almost never answer because they have to hide their secret "do LSD and kill poor people" programs, so pretty much any claim without evidence is being made solely because no one will prove it wrong.

Groribas, Melzargard, and Geryuganshoop
vs.
Gouketsu, Black Sperm, and Gyoro Gyoro

All AP and speed equalized to Golden Sperm, Platinum Sperm allowed
good match or nah?
I'm going to imagine this means BS is only equal in his GS form, because otherwise this is a ridiculous level of stomp.

While equalized:

Geryu > Gyoro

Gouketsu > Groribas

PS > Melzargard

And then the 2v1 annihilates Geryuganshoop

I'll leave it at this: If someone says something about the Pentagon hiding aliens, the Pentagon will almost never answer because they have to hide their secret "do LSD and kill poor people" programs, so pretty much any claim without evidence is being made solely because no one will prove it wrong.
That's not what I'm interested in talking about though. I mean I do think the government(s) are hiding big shit, but I think it's irrational to ALWAYS jump to the conclusion of aliens. The thing with mysteries is that people always have biases when determining what the truth of a mystery is, which is why people are quick to assume aliens, or bigfoot, or ghosts, or whatever when it could very much be something supernatural that we just don't even have a basic idea of. It's egotistical to assume that something supernatural is something we already know and describe as supernatural, you know what I mean?

garou's thumbnail should use this pic
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMjkxOTcwOTA4MjclMkY5Nzg5MDU1NjQ1OTc4Nzg4MzQlMkY0OC5wbmc=

What kind of story do you think it is? Just wondering because I feel like an outsider perspective might give the wrong impression. If you think it's a basic "punch hard kick fast" anime with no depth or complexity, that's a misinterpretation. Though sadly a lot of the fanbase has that view because they can't understand the layered writing of ONE. I love OPM but I wouldn't necessarily call it a masterpiece tbf, just really good.
Yeah that's how I thought it was at first but I guess I'm wrong.

Yeah that's how I thought it was at first but I guess I'm wrong.
It can be interpreted that way even while reading the manga, it's just that you need to put more thought into the story and characters. There are definitely parts of the manga that feel like it though, especially the last arc.

The best way I can put it is that the main underlying theme in OPM is about the indomitable human spirit and that there is no limit to what we can achieve if we have the strength to persevere. But there's also a lot more than that. The main thing that draws people in is the characters though, OPM has great characters.

Back