• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v13

Status
Not open for further replies.
People make up "Murata said x" and "ONE said y" stuff all the time but I swear I've seen people say this one multiple times.

On the off chance it actually is true though. It's interesting.

Ryu and I looked for th8s qupte actually. The only source we ever found was a Reddit post that, when asked, never gave a timestamp to the statement and has never been verified has someone else. So it looks to be like the one "Big Bang Serious Punches" WoG that no one has any proof of.

Tetsucabrah said:
Apparently there's a quote from Murata that Genos, Garou, and Suiryu were around the same level during the super fight arc?
Can anyone confirm this? I saw someone say it on reddit a while back and just remembered it. Never seen the quote for myself tho
nope. canonically it's Suiryu>>>Super fight arc Garou>Super fight arc Genos

No there is no such statement there saying Seiryu=Genos=Garou in super fight arc

@Qawsedf234

That just caused BS to lose the hold on Tatsumaki right? It didn't do anything to BS if I remember correctly but let me confirm

Yeah that's what I was talking about. Chapter 71 of the Webcomic.

I reconfirmed but due to ONE drawing style its hard for me to tell whether Genos blasts just caused BS to leave Tatsumaki or blast the section of his arm causing his arm to seperate from his body but I think former is more likely and even if its latter its obviously PIS

The way you've seen Sweet Mask throughout the entire series is his monster form. Just as it is with a lot of monsters in the series, his unhealthy obsession with keeping his face a secret caused his limiter to break and mutated his body into a form based on his obsession.

SuperAPM said:
his unhealthy obsession with keeping his face a secret caused his limiter to break and mutated his body into a form based on his obsession.
his limiter didn't break. just because someone turns into a monster because of an obsession doesn't mean they broke their limiter. the only person who has possibly broken their limiter is saitama, and maybe awakened garou

To my understanding at least, the process that turns an organism into a monster is specifically caused by them breaking their limiter, most often the result of an unhealthy obsession (so guys like Crablante, Pull Cord and Tongue Stretcher) but also due to the digestion of Monster Cells, as seen with Gouketsu and the two ninja's. Saitama was different because he removed his limiter outright rather than simply breaking it.

Probably meant weakened.

As for Sweet Mask he's always been a monster. It's just that like with the Ninjas or Haragiri (the samurai dude), he's able to control what he looks like. His true form leaks out when stressed or super angry.

We should wait on a rgeneration upgrade till the manga imo. Since it could just be how ONE was trying to draw the impact rather than damage on that scale.

Idk if it counts or not but suiryu and garou pretty much had a virtual fight and were shown to be pretty much equals in the new ova.

Well if the OVA was written or overscene by ONE there's an argument to be made for its usability. Otherwise it would only scale to anime profiles.

Did they say which stage Garou was at? If it happened after his fight against Tanktop then it'd really only affect Garou, Bug God and Royal Ripper.

SuperAPM said:
Sorry, um; what is a wealedm?
oh my gosh i really can't stand SuperAPM any longer. you know what i meant dammit. i spelt "weakened" wrong, big deal. enough with your sarcasm. seriously if i were an admin i would put you on a time out forever.

Qawsedf234 said:
Probably meant weakened.
As for Sweet Mask he's always been a monster. It's just that like with the Ninjas or Haragiri (the samurai dude), he's able to control what he looks like. His true form leaks out when stressed or super angry.
does that mean that sweet mask in his true monster form is far stronger than his human looking form? because that's the case with the ninja bros. i would love to see sweet mask transform into an actual monster

He's probably stronger. His monster form has a pretty decent healing factor if nothing else.

I don't know if this has been talked about before (it probably has), but Metal Bat is City level with his Fighting Spirit due to being able to take out a Dragon level Threat, and one-shotting Senior Centipede. While it was stated that this Metal Bat (the one with Fighting Spirit) could take out Garou in one swing, Garou was able to injure Metal Bat. Wouldn't that make him City level as well?

What are you talking about? MB one shotting Senior Centipede made him Large Town Level, Both MB and Garou were High 7-C during that entire fight.

ONE confirmed that Fighting Spirit Metal Bat could take out a Dragon level Threat, which would be at least City level. And, he was in his FS state during the fight with Garou. He wasn't 7-B at one point during that fight? If not, R.I.P. Garou vs Suiryu

No, what? Fighting Spirit is not a defined power level, it boosts MB's power proportional to the amount of damage he's recieved. He can take on Dragon level threats with FS because his power will rise to match said dragon's power output, if he takes hits from a high demon level then his fighting spirit will rise to match said demon.

SuperAPM said:
No, what? Fighting Spirit is not a defined power level, it boosts MB's power proportional to the amount of damage he's recieved. He can take on Dragon level threats with FS because his power will rise to match said dragon's power output, if he takes hits from a high demon level then his fighting spirit will rise to match said demon.
As much as I despise SuperAPM, he is correct in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back